Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have problem getting Warmachine/Hordes minis you desire?

+5
squee
Wayfarer
almond
gizmoduck
jasechew
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you have problem getting Warmachine/Hordes minis you desire? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have problem getting Warmachine/Hordes minis you desire?

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:00 am

WoW what happen here ? World of Warcraft ?

I juz turn my back to make terrain a day only leh its like who season of drama to read

As Gizmoduck once said: How come this thread has turned out this way? lol!

@Gliblit said : This is about who have trouble getting what they wanted. We just want to know who needs help, and wanted to try and help them.

Regarding of WGS I don't wanna get involved regarding his efficiency. As he did not come and seek advice on product/prices/events I personally will not bother to be busy body and go feedback unless I was asked for opinion. Again even a 4 years old knows if u want to know something u ask .At the end of day its simple if any LGS wanted to know or even care what the community is doing why not join wmmalaysia simple as that?
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Do you have problem getting Warmachine/Hordes minis you desire? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have problem getting Warmachine/Hordes minis you desire?

Post by gizmoduck Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:42 pm

ok i have to say this...

"HOW COME THIS THREAD HAS TURNED OUT THIS WAAAAYYYYY"

C'mon guys, cheer up - this is not lowyat.net iphone thread lol.

I think WGS is doing a great job at actively promoting the game through tournaments and keeping available stocks at the shop. Almost all the major faction box sets are there and for new players, I think that's a good start no? I also think that it is unfair for us to compare the availability of WM products to 40k at LGS as we know how market forces work. But in due time, with more players, I'm sure Wolf would be able to restock more often and faster.

Off topic - There was a post somewhere up there that said something about the fact that WM does not bring in the 'quantity' into the equation for most LGS. By this I mean that a casual player would just be happy with a 15-25 points that work well, and play that list over and over again to his heart's content. To some extent I agree that to have a 40k army you would need to invest about RM1-2k whilst a WM is just about RM400-500? less than half the cost. But think about the potential of attracting more casual gamers out there who are not willing to invest that much into a 40k army. And the prospect of owning multiple factions appeal to me more than owning a sizeable army of the same race. Young people can also get into the hobby faster nad I do notice that a lot of our players fit this category. (sorry old timers Very Happy)
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:37 pm

I agree with gizmo on WM being more new player friendly. And if s person wants he can scale it as high as he wants.

GW at wolf actually not that complete.

WM is fun and I love it.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Too long didn't read. TLDR.

Basically, I never had anything against shops, WGS for example. But I'm just concerned about shops not stocking stuff when we have newbies. I have experienced situations where newbies want to start a new game and cannot get a single new thing and have been told,

"Sorry, your best bet to get online or you just placed an order and best to wait 2-3 weeks to deliver."

It's not easy to recruit the newbies on that basis.

To stick the original poster, what I suggest on this is perhaps a compiler, in this case, looks like Jase is the man, for everyone to just put up the order and from there see if anyone is ordering anything online, and pay upfront to the purchaser, to ease up his financial burdens.

But since it seems to me that everyone in this thread can buy their own stuff online, there's no issues for buying with the local group isn't it?

It only gets complicated when newbies are involved.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:01 pm

I would just like to say that I appreciate it that you guys have set aside differences and going back on topic.

Now for me to be on topic, I will say that I have no problem getting WM minis cuz I get them online. I have no qualms getting from LGS out there if prices are competitive according to my standard. Nevertheless, I understand that the online route isn't the best option for newbies out there let alone me. What I may be interested in now, I may lose interest 1 month down the road. I'm currently facing this problem, which is why I am off-loading a number of stuffs.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:27 am

I agree with Tekanan on the whole online thing. If I am new in the hobby, its a bit hard to fork up 100-200 bucks for a starter army when I don't know when it will arrive and how it looks like. But after payday, all the worries disappear! Very Happy

What all LGS need to do is have a constant supply of all teh awesome models like Harbinger on display all the time hehe.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 am

gizmoduck wrote:I agree with Tekanan on the whole online thing. If I am new in the hobby, its a bit hard to fork up 100-200 bucks for a starter army when I don't know when it will arrive and how it looks like. But after payday, all the worries disappear! Very Happy

What all LGS need to do is have a constant supply of all teh awesome models like Harbinger on display all the time hehe.

Yup I believe that all the LGS needs to do now is stocked up basic starters , rules & faction book as well a few Epic cool casters . Key Mercs Models as like Eiryss, Gorman will be nice too as point filler
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Remember one point goblin also...

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 pm

and Vassal Mechanic!! I'm getting him for sure
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Yup Vassal Mechanic rox for 1pts Hahaha . same goes for war dog , Machine wraith, Journeyman, Arlan Strangewayes and many more key factional solos.

Well as good as factional solo is as LGS need to carefull in stocking those I guess .
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2