Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head lock on weaponless head

5 posters

Go down

Head lock on weaponless head  Empty Head lock on weaponless head

Post by Gliblit Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:31 am

Uh... Tekanan kind of left out the question Raymond asked, can a weaponless head be lock? You were saying it is ambiguous and there is two different answers from Purple colours. However i do really remember differently.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?30991-Headlock-clarification&highlight=head%2Fweapon+lock+break+attempt

answer to can you lock a weaponless system: yes.

PP forum wrote:1)Can you perform a headlock on a warbeast/warjack that doesn't have a weapon in its head location?
2)If you can, can you break the headlock as the new errata says you can only make an attempt to break a lock when you would make an initial or additional attack with the weapon? This seems to prevent you breaking headlocks if there is no weapon there.
Purple rules guy from PP forum wrote:
1) yes

2) Follow the link from this quote.
Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Calm View Post
Checking...

The link he is referring to is the current hot tread on Headlock: [url= http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?29736-Errata-for-headlock-weapon-lock-with-a-locked-ranged-weapon]Link[/url]

Where no one really argue about head locking a "weaponless location". It was just a discussion on how do we break lock on a "weaponless location".

I think the fundamental is that everybody or at least a huge majority of the guys in the forum are in the understanding that you can indeed lock a location without a weapon. And is now asking how to break a lock when a weaponless location/range weapon only location is locked. Where according to the new errata you "Can Not" because you can only perform initial melee attack while locked. Then you can buy additional attack, however not many models can perform a "non-melee attack" while in melee, hence they can't attempt to break the lock.

On the second thing you said gunfighter uses range attack, so they can not attempt to break lock. i beg to differ, please read the errata carefully. Gunfighters can perform attack with their gun while in melee, and anytime you perform an attack you attempt to break lock instead. So even if it is a range attack technically, it stills break lock. As it only says attack, never specify Melee attack.

Oh, also... Anytime "someone" ask about locking a weaponless head the answer has been always the same, "Yes"

Tekanan on PP forum wrote:
An Infernal ruled it this way, whereas another infernal stated "checking".

I think here is the begining of Tekanan misunderstanding, if you refer to the first link and read what i post you will understand that it the "Checking..." is referring to a different question.

Tekanan, if i quoted wrongly,
or if you can show where is the active debate on "can a weaponless system be lock?"
or if you manage to find something in the errata or rule book
or if the "checking" i think you are referring to is a different "checking"
please do let me know. I would like to understand the issue that they are arguing, as it was so clearly written in the rule book, it confuses me how there can be ambiguity. It would definitely help further understanding the rules.

PP rules are very clear, as long as you take everything literally, that is what i first learn from the forumers. If it says you can you can, it says yo can't you can't. It says "you can't head butttt while head lock", that is just it you can't, you don't have to ask why they did not mention weapon lock, is it different?, why it is it like that?... that is asking too many questions, interpreting too much, assuming too much.

I belief all seasoned gamers knows, we are not qualified to argue "rules as intended", while playing we always use "rules as per written" (until clarified or errata)

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Head lock on weaponless head  Empty Re: Head lock on weaponless head

Post by Tekanan Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:02 pm

To answer Ramone's question, yes you can lock a weaponless head. This is called a headlock.

Locking a weapon of the location "H" is called a weapon lock. Note the difference.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:17 am

*snores*
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:34 am

Haha who actually uses headlock anyway,
Maybe I'm noob after like 6 years playing WM/H I have never used head lock in my life.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 am

jasechew wrote:Haha who actually uses headlock anyway,
Maybe I'm noob after like 6 years playing WM/H I have never used head lock in my life.

Headlock is very situational, so i doubt most will actually run headlock. Unless you run a list that's really very heavy on warjack/warbeast and you do headlock to ensure that you can get a free run on the caster.

But that's... unlikely to happen easily. I don't see the practical use of it yet, since bashing down the jack in the question might be a better call.

Just my 2 cents.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:01 am

Another clear answer... Yes you can.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?44062-Headlocking-a-weaponless-system-%28revisited%29

Sorry Mr. Squee for debating the obvious. It is a clean and clear, no ambiguity, no confusion, just a simple "Yes" situation.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum