Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epic toyz events

+5
polarloon
Gliblit
jasechew
Wayfarer
P666P
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Epic toyz events Empty Epic toyz events

Post by P666P Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi guys. Decided to use this one thread any and all upcoming events at epic toyz Melaka. Can save space haha.

Without further ado Epic toyz will be holding it's first slow grow league starting this Friday. The format is varied. Everything from kill box to steamroller. The following are the rules for the league.

1. There will 3 tiers. The first tier is 15 points. Second tier is 20 points and the third tier is 25 points.

2. You must play at least 3 games in each tier. You cannot play the same opponent twice in each tier. One of your opponents will be randomly chosen by ET. You may choose anyone else playing in the league as your other two opponents. Once your game is over please pm/email me with your results if I am not available to view the game.

3. As mentioned this is a slow grow league so models need not be painted but should at least be base coated. If you do not have the models that you wish to field reasonable proxies are allowed. For example you may not use hacks sweet wrapper as proxy base to signify terminus. :p

4. Playing in the league is free. However the shop will appreciate any assistance in the way of terrain. (we are still growing).

5. Any player deemed to be behaving in an unsportsmanlike manner will be dropped from the league and will be banned from the next tourney or league organized by ET. Remember at all times that this is a game and the whole purpose of this league is to have fun and roll dice. Smashing your opponent should be done in good fun and not to be used as an excuse to ridicule or call people noob.

6. You will have to register your army list with me via email, SMS, pm or written. You may change this list at anytime during the league up to a maximum of two times.

7. This is a points based league. Players earn points for the following actions. Winning = 5 pts. Draw = 3. loss = 1. answering an opponents challenge within 3 days = 1 pt. Fielding a fully painted army at each tier = 1 point for each tier. Not using any proxy for the duration of the league = 1 point. Best sportman = 5 points. Best painted 25 point army = 5 points. The player with the most points will win the league.

8. Players can refuse a challenge up to 3 times without penalties. If a player refuses more than 3 challenges every subsequent refusal will result in a deduction of 2 points per refusal.

9. Prizes will be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place players. First player also gets the right to be addressed as sir/ma'am during his or her games in the next league. Keep in mind that prizes will probably be sponsored by Epic Toyz and we are only just starting out so dont expect too much.

The point of this league is to have fun first and foremost. So good luck to all who are taking part and play like you have a pair.

If you have any inquiries pm me or sms/call me at 0123003433. You can also send me emails at dogg_81@hotmail.com

Last edited by P666P on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 am; edited 3 times in total

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Epic toyz events Empty Re: Epic toyz events

Will update players profile here. At least 4 more players will be submitting their lists soon. Then I will start picking names out of my hat Very Happy

Zhuala - Cygnar
Polarloon - Cygnar
Jase - Cryx
Zhuala's Friend - Cryx
P666P - Legion
Camlok - Skorne

Last edited by P666P on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:17 am; edited 6 times in total

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

*reserved*

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Awesome! Good luck with the league! Please update here your weekly or monthly results - would be nice to know how people are doing - and how many are doing it. Smile
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:39 pm

P666P wrote:Hi guys. Decided to use this one thread any and all upcoming events at epic toyz Melaka. Can save space haha.

Without further ado Epic toyz will be holding it's first slow grow league starting this Friday. The format is varied. Everything from kill box to steamroller. The following are the rules for the league.

1. There will 3 tiers. The first tier is 15 points. Second tier is 20 points and the third tier is 25 points.

2. You must play at least 3 games in each tier. You cannot play the same opponent twice in each tier. One of your opponents will be randomly chosen by ET. You may choose anyone else playing in the league as your other two opponents.

3. As mentioned this is a slow grow league so models need not be painted but should at least be base coated. If you do not have the models that you wish to field reasonable proxies are allowed. For example you may not use hacks sweet wrapper as proxy base to signify terminus. :p

4. Playing in the league is free. However the shop will appreciate any assistance in the way of terrain. (we are still growing).

5. Any player deemed to be behaving in an unsportsmanlike manner will be dropped from the league and will be banned from the next tourney or league organized by ET. Remember at all times that this is a game and the whole purpose of this league is to have fun and roll dice. Smashing your opponent should be done in good fun and not to be used as an excuse to ridicule or call people noob.

6. You will have to register your army list with me via email, SMS, pm or written. You may change this list at anytime during the league up to a maximum of two times.

7. This is a points based league. Players earn points for the following actions. Winning = 5 pts. Draw = 3. loss = 1. answering an opponents challenge within 3 days = 1 pt. Fielding a fully painted army at each tier = 1 point for each tier. Not using any proxy for the duration of the league = 1 point. Best sportman = 5 points. Best painted 25 point army = 5 points. The player with the most points will win the league.

8. Prizes will be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place players. First player also gets the right to be addressed as sir/ma'am during his or her games in the next league.

The point of this league is to have fun first and foremost. So good luck to all who are taking part and play like you have a pair.

If you have any inquiries pm me or sms/call me at 0123003433

Is all games must be held at Epic Toyz?

What's the duration of the league?
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Good questions. I add one. Is there a specific date we need to game?

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey guys no there is no necessity to play at epic toyz. You can play anywhere and at anytime.

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by polarloon Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:36 pm

OMG IM IN!!!! WHEN is the starting date? how many list can we summit? is there going to be xtra pts for team games!!! WAHHAHHAHAHAA more skulls to collect MUHHAHAHHAHAA >Very Happy

polarloon
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh goody! I want to be in as well Smile But I can't start this week :'(
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Hey guys you can only submit on list but you are allowed to change it twice. You also don't need to start this weekend. You just need to have sufficient games in. Btw in the event of a draw play offs will be held in epic toyz Melaka in february. Also if you want to receive the 5 Pts for playing with fully painted and no proxies email me pics if you are from kl please. You can email the pics when you email me your list.

Finally if you find that you cannot play with an opponent due to distance do let me know and I will try to arrange something. I don't want to inconvenience folks in kl but this is an epic toyz league. I just messenger boy. So preference will be for the Melaka players. No offense to the kl folks but your understanding and support is greatly appreciated.

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Nice!

I would like to request you to please collate some statistics at the end of the league (because everybody loves statistics) Very Happy.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 am

P666P wrote:

2. You must play at least 3 games in each tier. You cannot play the same opponent twice in each tier. One of your opponents will be randomly chosen by ET. You may choose anyone else playing in the league as your other two opponents.

Does that means we have 3 different army for 3 different tiers ?
Its kinda hard to make a army which can jump from 15 to 20 then 20 to 25 .
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 am

@Tekanan - will definitely do so. Just waiting for lists.

@Jase - You have to stick with one faction for the whole duration of the league but you are allowed to change your army list twice. As an example I will provide a sample list below.

15 points list.
pThagrosh - +5
Scythean - 9
Carnivean - 11

Once you have played 3 games with this list the game escalates for you to 20 points. At this point you cannot play against an opponent who has not escalated his army. If you decide you want to expand on the force above you could expand it to look something like this

pThagrosh - +5
Scythean - 9
Carnivean - 11
Min Ogrun Warmongers - 5

However if you decide that you are bored of pThag and you want to change your list to something that looks like this instead for your 20 points army you can do so.

pLylyth - +6
2 x Shredder - 4
1 x Seraph - 8
Raek - 4
Strider + UA - 9
Shepard - 1

From here you could expand the pLylyth list by adding a Blackfrost Shard unit for example. Or you could change it to look something like the following.

Absylonia - +5
3 x Shredder - 6
Carnivean - 11
Scythean - 9
2 x Forsaken - 4

As you can see, you can change your list at anytime during the league up to a maximum of 2 times. You can of course choose not to change your list at all and just keep expanding. For example in the original pThagrosh list I could just add a couple of shredders and a shepard.

I know that its a bit difficult to do for certain factions (im looking at you circle Razz) but most factions allow for a smooth transition from 15 to 25 points. However to avoid difficulties I have allowed players to be able to change their list twice. Allowing unlimited changes might give unfair advantages to players who know who their opponents are.

Btw am also updating the rules a bit.

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:54 am

Sounds like a nightmare in tracking. Are you putting up the results online other than here? in the forums? Such as using the excel features in Google Docs?

It does seem a bit odd that KL player can participate from remote, although nice, it does create a logistics nightmare. Especially the answer challenge in 3 days thingie.. Tracking to see which opponent has fought which opponent helps too...

I'm not against it, but seeing some implementation difficulties.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:03 am

Tracking a league like this isnt that difficult due to the wonders of excel Smile Ive done it before for a Confrontation league that I ran many years ago.

As for KL players, we would of course love it if you guys came down to Melaka to play here. However, the main thing for epic toyz here is to see a growth in the community. So we felt that it was in the best interest of the community to make it open to anyone in Malaysia. Keep in mind that you might actually get paired with someone from Melaka and if one of you is willing to make the trip you could bring friends with you and challenge players over here or vice versa.

The reason for the points for the 3 day rule its to reward players who put in more effort to play games. Also by answering I mean saying yes or no to the challenge. If you say yes and you are a no show you automatically lose unless you have a valid excuse.

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:59 am

Sounds good!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LordToruk Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:21 pm

LordToruk
Gobber

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Hey guys only got 3 lists so far. Is anyone else interested in joining? Zhuala what about your friend?

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by polarloon Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:51 am

summited the list to u via PM

polarloon
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Submitted the list to u via PM
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks for the lists guys. Btw you can start challenging each other already if you want. Just let me know who you challenged and the outcome of the challenge.

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:23 pm

May I know who join?

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Sorry... Me went blog, me no see league stuff...

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Can we know who have participated so far? I'm planning to submit a list soon, but knowing how many people joined especially from KL will make things easier.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:27 pm

P666P wrote:Will update players profile here. At least 4 more players will be submitting their lists soon. Then I will start picking names out of my hat Very Happy

Zhuala - Cygnar
P666P - Legion
Camlok - Skorne
Polarloon - Cygnar
Jase - Cryx

Well I believe this the list ppl who is participating my name just added there this afternoon Cool
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next