Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!)

+2
Gliblit
almond
6 posters

Go down

Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!) Empty Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!)

Post by almond Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 am

Okay, I'm guilty of using craft paints. They're cheap but they need more work to thin down and apply properly. But I take what I can, so eh. Full army shot will be up one of these days, but so far this is what I have, taken in the heat of battle:

Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!) Battlegroup1

I'll get a proper shot of the whole shebang later. It's not that good, but it still looks good enough on the table Razz

The jacks are based on this colour scheme:

Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!) Srwhotnewsshinz2

Kinda happy with how it turned out and it's quite fast to paint Smile (roughly 2 jacks per day, 1 if I'm only painting at night)
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!) Empty Re: Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!)

Post by Gliblit Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 am

Wei! Craft paint is my main paint, there is nothing to feel guilty about. I even use pelican paint. Jo Sonja how ever is very high quality.

Craft paint is excellent stuff, no difference from miniature paints. Not that much trouble at all, since it is advisable to thin down to paint.

Just look at my paint job on the wreck, completely free from hobby paint, and I'm super happy with it. Did not take more time to paint at all, finished in just a couple of hours, because they are fun to paint.

As for the Menoth battle group I paint in one night... You will be surprise on the variety of paint I used.

Kind of long to promote experimenting with new paint and materials. But I hope you guy get the message, try new and different things! Nick is using tamiya spray paint and it makes things faster, why not? Plus it's good quality, good pigmentation, sticks well to models, just a little ex... Better and thiner than commercial spray paint.

BTW GW shucks balls... Their primer is too ex... Their top coat sometimes create a chemical bond with paint... Puke blood!!! Their paint cake up. After many bad experience i gave up. Of you want evidence I can show you. Even if they change formula, it's too late, I'm too heart broken...

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!) Empty Re: Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!)

Post by thevampiredio Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:06 pm

pretty neat! can they shoot roketo punchi?Razz
thevampiredio
thevampiredio
Leader

http://thevampiredio.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:52 am

Thought about modding the Destroyer to shoot out a putty fist, but was too lazy :p Maybe one of these days.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:47 am

Some stuff, including WIP ones. Made a royal mess out of Dannon Blythe due to a misspray with the clear >.< I may repaint her one of these days but for now she's tabletop worthy *sigh*.

Didn't wait for jase's small bases, so I made my own by casting them with putty Very Happy It's not so pretty, but it works. And yes, there's an incomplete Karchev waiting to be finished :3

Spoiler:
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Sorry... What kind of putty did you used?

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Didn't ye finish Karchev like yonks ago?
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:09 am

Izzit a Kachev Remix version?
I remember u did quite a good job on the previous one already.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 am

Yeah, but.... ummm.... my nephew kinda accidentally crushed it, such is the cons of a paper jack >.< So I'm doing another one in plastic.

glib: hardware grade putty, nothing fancy or expensive.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:14 am

the mix two part hard putty? what you use as mold?

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Another two part hard putty as mold. I used my wife's Johson's Baby Oil as a release agent :p
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:59 pm

sounds interesting enough,
when can we some results?
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 pm

You've already seen it basing the widowmakers.

Look at the Widowmaker Kapitan pic. You can see that her base is rougher than usual.

Last edited by almond on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:57 pm

Need to see your base!!!!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Should be interesting. Can you actually extend that skill over to cover infantries?
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 pm

That one is tricky. Technically I can, but I didn't have enough putty to try it out. I was planning to do that with one of my Mechanics but I didn't have enough to make a mould out of it (a single infantry model might take half a tube or more).

Then again, I don't expect the detail to be carried well by the mould at the end of the day.

But it should be fun to try.

almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:53 pm

The first of my trolls! I was especially impatient and foolish with this one as I didn't prime it, only clear spray and undercoat with paint. Time will tell if the seal is strong enough to prevent serious chipping:

Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!) Dsc02133z
Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!) Dsc02134ha
Almond's Regular Rascally Regiment (ARRR!) Dsc02135rf

Welcome aboard Captain Gunbjornn! Very Happy I went with a desert themed troll skin with grey rock outcroppings from the skin. The non-metallic metals took a while and I'm still not sure if I pulled it off nicely. But it was fun trying. Lots of practice with my Khador stuff made painting this model a joy in experimentation.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum