Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[03.06.10] Mid-week Casual WM meet-up report

4 posters

Go down

[03.06.10] Mid-week Casual WM meet-up report Empty [03.06.10] Mid-week Casual WM meet-up report

Post by Tekanan Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:40 am

Dinner was among ourselves this week, so we arrived on location earlier than expected (host hasn't even had his dinner yet). The participants are:-

1 ) Me
2 ) jasechew
3 ) squee
4 ) ratatosk
5 ) Bryan
6 ) Wai Mun
7 ) Jintana
8 ) NeonUchuujin

My first game was a standard 15pts list using pSkarre as my caster against NeonUchuujin's pVlad. Had fun reanimating my revanent crew due to Deathbound. It's simply hilarious seeing them coming back all over again! At one point, I forgot pVlad has boundless charge and placed my Seether in charge range of Drago. Seether got totalled on charge turn and my army was in trouble onwards. pSkarre charges Drago the next turn, totalling it but puts herself open to pVlad with Blood of Kings (BoK) up. Decided to go for broke and spent some focus to get additional focus next turn, sacrificing a lonely pirate of the revenant crew. pVlad, as expected, charged pSkarre but surprisingly misses his attack! Next turn, rolling 4 on a d6 to determine the extra amount of focus that I have, I killed pVlad!

My 2nd game was against Bryan. This time, I opted for eDenny and her Nightmare. Bryan played pGaspy with a notable Crankerworm. My game got off to a bad start by Nightmare choosing the Crankywurm as his prey (I didn't know he gets an extra movement after his act ends). Nightmare missed ALOT of attacks including at least 2 charge attacks in the whole game, but I was still impressed with him. I managed to pull off a tight caster kill using Denny after Nightmare failed to take out Gaspy, sitting on 3 life after the whole aftermath. Bryan, shakes fist, and wants a rematch next week Razz.

Capt Rengrave is surprisingly unimpressive. I may not pick him again if I were to use my pirate squad from the black pearl pirat .

Last edited by Tekanan on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

[03.06.10] Mid-week Casual WM meet-up report Empty Re: [03.06.10] Mid-week Casual WM meet-up report

Post by NeonUchuujin Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 am

I did manage to hit Pirate Queen Skarre... for a total of... on three dice... FIVE damage! >_>
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

[03.06.10] Mid-week Casual WM meet-up report Empty Re: [03.06.10] Mid-week Casual WM meet-up report

Post by Tekanan Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:48 am

oh you did? damn it slipped my mind!

pSkarre ended with like 3 life left after 'cutting' up herself numerous times. Definitely not a good role model for youngsters...
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 pm

I also have 2 games that night ,
Its a a awesome gaming night , my 1st game have proven that my 1st love of Warmachine P .Deneghra Stills loves me. I only fielded in 2 heavy Jacks which is Seether and of cox her play toy Nightmare with 1 extra point don't know where to go.

My game is against Jintana and its a kinda bad match up for me, Cox Deneghra is a squishy caster and i myself don' t believe in Arc Notes in MK II . Therefore my bitch must do the dirty work herself.

if u ever play against me u will see my babes with almost no armor upfront casting spell.
Ppl always often think there is some sort of plans behind this madness, but i can tell u i don't its all just becoz i can.

I Manages to kill Carnivean with feat and buy me 1 turn,
But I yet to worry bout the left flank which a squad of Raptors is quietly approaching.
(and yes if Jin's Raptors ever get closed to Deneghra I'm screwed by knewing that i feed Seether to them)

I managed to put the Crippling Grasp on Ryhas and seal the game with the lost of Jintana 2 main damage dealer,
but along the way,I lost Seether but his sacrifice will not be in vain cox Deneghra now has reason to get a new Jack the next morning !!

Overall its a very close match,
A single mistake will cost me the game.
finally Nightmare u da MAN !! u rocks !!

My second game is Everblight.
Its my 1st Hordes game ever !! I have also started the game with exactly 3 model,
Saeryn, Omen of Everblight, Carnivean and the new Heavy Scythean.

Its also a exciting game cox I'm up against our by far most creative and best Magnus battlegroup Wai Mun's forces. 1 wrong move and i be lying on the ground looking at sky and see many many bullets , missile and canon ball flying my way.

Unfortunately i made alot mistake in this game,
Cox of unfamiliar with Hordes rules and mistaken some wording due of lack or research and proxy.

but i manage to won the game too by luck due my opponent unlucky and the universe hates him from what he said.

But i will declare that game here as a draw.
cox i made few fatal mistake cox played base on old Hordes rules

Everblight is a exciting faction with a very unique play style (alot of style too btw)

If u guys have not tried Hordes should give it a shot,
its so much different from Warmachine play style and i bet some of u guys will like it .
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 pm

A bit munted right now but I shall type up what i remember...

Came in with me two usual favourites Strakhov and Butcher.

For the first battle I was facing the Lich Lord Venethrax for the first time; Cryx's new brute-caster with a cremation-based theme (fire and ash).
Destroyer proved inadequate for Strakhov's blitzkrieg style of play but the demo corps proved capable as always. Eiryss due to poor rolls failed me on three crucial attacks that I'd made in the hopes of blunting Venethrax's arcane efforts. Though I'd managed to keep his Mechanithralls at bay (cinder bomb is a lifesaver in difficult terrain) and destroy the Skarlock, the Reaper and 5 of the 6 Banethralls, it was all for nought as my Demo korp were wiped out and my Destroyer reduced to scrap. In desperation I launched Strakhov himself at Venethrax and struck him down to a single point of life (or rather, unlife) leaving me with two focus. Buying another attack and boosting the roll, I needed only a 7+ on 3 dice...

...which came up 2, 2 and you guessed it, 2.

GGLOLKTHXBAI!

Second game had gone considerably better using my classic Butcher and 3 Juggernauts vs Jin's everblight. Reacting to the blighted legions' speed and maneuverability with all the grace of an alleyway drunk, I'd managed to absorb his lightning fast assault and crushed his caster like a grape.

A good game everyone and see you all next week! ^__^
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down