Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deployment Sequence

2 posters

Go down

Deployment Sequence Empty Deployment Sequence

Post by Gliblit Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:52 am

One thing i notice is that some players then to do the, "you win dice roll you go first" method. I even had players told me that this is the official tournament rules for warmachine and hordes.

After reading the steamroller rules (2010 and 2011) i sincerely can't fine this stipulated anywhere, hence i could only take that the rule book stands. Unless of course people are going to insist that they are right and the rule book is wrong "wrong"... which happens...

Why i stress this is that many do not seems to realise the tactical significance of deployment sequence, or table edge selection... It makes a difference, Jesse only makes it seems easy. That is why PP lets you choose who goes first.

Some army, especially a smaller leaner army benefits from going second. While if you have a tar pit unit, it might be wise to have it set up near (fronting) your opponent main army. On the other hand you could deploy to avoid the tar pit unit if you went second.

What do you think?

Remember the terrain is called the third player in the game for a reason.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Deployment Sequence Empty Re: Deployment Sequence

Post by Tekanan Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 am

The general rule is that the winner of the die roll chooses who is the "first player". As the first player, he/she gets the option of choosing a table edge. He/she then gets the first turn of the round. This is stated in prime mk.2.

The reason why most ppl think that the winner of the die roll goes first is because generally, the person who goes first has more advantage. It became the chosen option most of the time and it eventually synonymous with the die roll. Winner of the die roll is the first player. This is a shortcut most ppl opt with.

Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum