Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What keeps you motivated to paint

5 posters

Go down

What keeps you motivated to paint Empty What keeps you motivated to paint

Post by Tekanan Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 pm

I always struggle to pick up the brush after priming the model. However, once the basecoat is done, I tend to get things done quickly. Nevertheless, when it's finished, I start procastinating again. Hence the paint-slack life-cycle.

I've actually sent a few minis I own out for comission because I just don't see myself painting them all up. It's not that I do not have the time at all. If I didn't, I wouldn't even finish a mini. I guess due to my skill, I tend to paint very slowly...

So, what keeps you motivated to paint? What do you do when you "hit that block"?

I will end my OP with a quote,
Procastination is like masturbation. It's all fun until you realised you just screwed yourself.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

What keeps you motivated to paint Empty Re: What keeps you motivated to paint

Post by gizmoduck Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:27 am

For me, painting mood depends on how much work I did in the office and how tired I am at the end of the day. Warjacks are fine because they are one offs, but whole units are really a struggle. I tend to not finish units because I just can't do it sometimes. And they take forever..

I keep myself motivated by looking at miniatures on coolminiornot. I look at something and say, "Hey, I think I can manage that!" and that would keep me motivated. I suppose as with real life and professional life, competition is the best motivator.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenscream Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:27 am

painting is low on my list of priorities. usually when there's absolutely nothing to do, i will paint.

ravenscream
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Copious amounts of chemical stimulation and guilt. I purposely leave my minis on my desk right in front of the bathroom so I can hear them cry on my way to the shower.

Also their happy little cheers and whoops when they finally get painted, varnished and placed on the shelf make it all worthwhile.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:18 am

Because they look so much cooler when painted. And when pictures are taken of 'em! (I remember seeing my painted army with an unpainted eIrusk leading them, its so weird).

Working has cut down my painting time to a near standstill, I used to be able to paint a figure a week, but now it's coming to a complete halt.

And to answer the question, I usually browse through the painting section of the official forums to keep me motivated Razz
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down