Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARMACHINE MALAYSIA SUMMER LEAGUE 2011

+7
almond
adiaze
[Ghost]
Tekanan
gizmoduck
Gliblit
jasechew
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WARMACHINE MALAYSIA SUMMER LEAGUE 2011 Empty WARMACHINE MALAYSIA SUMMER LEAGUE 2011

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Next summer 2011 something about to happen.... which it has never happen before.... A chance to prove your skills, strategy, theory, bravery and capabilities to lead an army.

WARMACHINE MALAYSIA SUMMER LEAGUE 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTRY FEE: RM5 (paper work and registration charges).

TIME FRAME: 2MONTHS.

ARMY SIZE: FIX 25Points with 2 Warcaster / Warlord of a single faction (WJ/WB bonus follow the lowest among the 2).

FORMAT : LAST MAN STANDING

PAIRING: FLEXISBLE

VENUE: ANYWHERE.

RELEASE DATE: 04 MARCH 2011.

REGISTRATION

Players who wish to participate require registering their name and army at the forum registration

Each player will be given one card. Players are responsible on their own card and keep track of the game they played. There will be no replacement card is given to players who lost their card, He/she will need to play from the start again.
(AND YES those who he/she fought before also require replaying as the previous record no longer valid without both cards)

GAMEPLAY

Play against everyone.
Each match will be best of 3 games.
Players may change caster after each game.
Choose your caster after deciding who starts.(No u don't get to field both caster in case u wander)
(YES, the person who starts 1st choose and deploy then the person who second last choose his caster and deploy)

POINT SYSTEM

Wining : 1pts
Killing Caster : 1Pts
Jack/Beast Kills : 1Pts
Solo Kills : 1Pts
Wipe out units : 1pts
Painted models : 1pts ( so start painting )
No Proxy models : 1pts
(This include conversion which is not up to PP conversion rules standards.
However If your opponent can accept your conversion / proxy u still get the points)

PRIZES

Coming soon stay tune

Coming soon at the forum near you !!

Last edited by jasechew on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

WARMACHINE MALAYSIA SUMMER LEAGUE 2011 Empty Re: WARMACHINE MALAYSIA SUMMER LEAGUE 2011

Post by Gliblit Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm in.

Best of 3, hmmm... Interesting!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

WARMACHINE MALAYSIA SUMMER LEAGUE 2011 Empty Re: WARMACHINE MALAYSIA SUMMER LEAGUE 2011

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Best of 3 - plays up to 3 games and keep only one of ur best game.
(YES u can have 2 winner in this situation a player only lose when he lose all 3 games)
(Both player may choose to stop at second game and choose not to have the 3rd game)

Well is it too many games? I would think both player will have chance to score some point. both players on third game as he/she already seen and knew what both what enemy casters / warlord and army can do.

It will be done via point system , example killing caster , jacks , infantry, solo and winning the game. Therefore if lose still got chance to get higher point then the winner.

Last edited by jasechew on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:40 pm

Aaaarghh too much pressure! too much pressure!! I feel like West Ham United..
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:45 pm

4got to mention did I say caster kill? Fight till ur last soldier then.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Aaaarghh too much pressure!! too much pressure!! I feel like LIVERPOOL...
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [Ghost] Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Last man standing? Sounds a bit excessive, but I`m in. Time to build up my mercs.

If I finish at the bottom of the table do I get relegated?
[Ghost]
[Ghost]
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Tekanan wrote:Aaaarghh too much pressure!! too much pressure!! I feel like LIVERPOOL...

Don't worry, you'll never walk alone.. Wigan is with you..
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Well to give u guys get the reason why is the format last man standing. I shall reveal a bit more regarding the point system. check it out

Wining : 1pts
Killing Caster : 1Pts
Jack/Beast Kills : 1Pts
Solo Kills : 1Pts
Wipe out units : 1pts
Painted models : 1pts ( so start painting )
No Proxy models : 1pts (If your opponent can accept you conversion / proxy u still get the points)

As I said :A chance to prove your skills, strategy, theory, bravery and capabilities to lead an army.

Its a battle which need u take out all enemy models with minimum casualties only is consider the actual wining.Wining might even get less points then losing.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by [Ghost] Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:21 pm

I`m a bit worried about the last man standing thing. It favours armies with fewer models and heavy armour. It also penalises assassination tactics.

Maybe you could fix it by making a win count for more points? Currently it stands at a win will give you 2 points. 1 for the win and 1 for the caster kill. Maybe make it 3 points for the win and none for the caster kill? That would give people more incentive to win.
[Ghost]
[Ghost]
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:46 pm

[Ghost] wrote:I`m a bit worried about the last man standing thing. It favours armies with fewer models and heavy armour. It also penalises assassination tactics.

Maybe you could fix it by making a win count for more points? Currently it stands at a win will give you 2 points. 1 for the win and 1 for the caster kill. Maybe make it 3 points for the win and none for the caster kill? That would give people more incentive to win.

Its 25points few heavy model list will other get swarm or assassinated. Regarding assassination tactics it still rocks u basically shut down his battle group even u don't win instantly .

Well If I believe if I put win/caster kill higher points instead people who always win will win and newbie wont have a chance at all to catch up at all. Furthermore killing caster not necessary win u games sometimes u fought against some stupid undead swamp list or some khador pretty boy military maniac taking down their caster dont really stop them. At the end as I said its bout taking enemy force with minimal casualties.

Its a different play style all together. Well I would suggest a try run maybe next week then we shall see from there.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by [Ghost] Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Sounds good to me. Thanks for clarifying.

Another question though, before I run off and buy another caster, does the army fielded have to be the same for both casters?
[Ghost]
[Ghost]
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Yes Its same list 2 caster the other caster mainly for change of pace or meta
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:55 am

[Ghost] wrote:Sounds good to me. Thanks for clarifying.

Another question though, before I run off and buy another caster, does the army fielded have to be the same for both casters?

Omg who? Who? Fiona? Dun get ashlynn or bart or shae. Very cliche la those ppl Razz
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:12 am

I agree with last man standing, it will create alternative thinking instead of the usual bum rush kill caster. I do suggest to run a casual / tourney / match / meet up that uses this point system, that would give everyone time to adjust to it.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:15 am

Same base 25 points for two different casters? Hmmmm.... this is a toughie. I'm in. I guess this eliminates the more cheesier lists (like pVlad and 6 Berserkers) and promotes more balanced ones.

One question: is eSorscha and pSorscha considered 2 different casters? Razz

And another question: When will it start? :3

Regarding your scoring: Won't facing someone with fewer models net you less points? o.o??? Why not just make it simple:

1st Caster kill of the round: 1 point
1st solo kill of the round: 1 point
1st unit wipeout of the round: 1 point
1st jack/beast kill of the round: 1 point
Win: +2 points
Participation: 1 point
Fully painted army: +1 point

This would make even turning up a motivation. I agree with the painted model scoring though. Of course, this is just my 2 cents. There's still a bit of time before the league starts to discuss.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm

almond wrote:Same base 25 points for two different casters? Hmmmm.... this is a toughie. I'm in. I guess this eliminates the more cheesier lists (like pVlad and 6 Berserkers) and promotes more balanced ones.

One question: is eSorscha and pSorscha considered 2 different casters? Razz

And another question: When will it start? :3

Regarding your scoring: Won't facing someone with fewer models net you less points? o.o??? Why not just make it simple:

1st Caster kill of the round: 1 point
1st solo kill of the round: 1 point
1st unit wipeout of the round: 1 point
1st jack/beast kill of the round: 1 point
Win: +2 points
Participation: 1 point
Fully painted army: +1 point

This would make even turning up a motivation. I agree with the painted model scoring though. Of course, this is just my 2 cents. There's still a bit of time before the league starts to discuss.

YES. That will be a wise choice .

P Sorcha and E Sorcha will be count as 2 different caster.

It will start on other January if everything goes well or latest is March.

Yes when u face someone with only jacks for example u only can gain 3 points max out of it. But I supposed that u should play against everyone and everyone will face the same ppl therefore its fair.

WINS + 1
The reason I wanted to make win to +1 is because so everyone have more chance to win. Even u got few games on 1st few match still can catch up later on . if I make it +2 the point will have big different ppl like Squee who keep winning will win the league at the end. I want the others able to catch up not overtake at least stand on pile and hope the top players "MISS Q" and over take em.
I dont think anyone need motivation to win unless he/she play to lose or just enjoy losing.

Personal Tips: The list u not bout winning its consistency where u win or you lose u take as many with u

NO PROXY +1
Its to encourage ppl to convert/creativity if u think your work is good enough to even impress your opponent then bring it. therefore its prove that you are gifted and deserve the 1 point if not go get original model like me and call it a day.

( In case you are wandering I allow proxy and unpainted)
(are your proxy/converts up for the test? if not try make em look nicer b4 the game)

PARTICIPATION +1 ( fix date/place? if its then...)
Why I did not include this is simple, Basically Its more player friendly league where I encourage players to sort things out where u can play anytime, anywhere and any mission format up to u as long as u faced everyone at the end and have fun at the end.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:43 am

What about +1 point for a list that includes one of each type? (warcaster, unit, solo, jack/beast)
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:19 am

almond wrote:What about +1 point for a list that includes one of each type? (warcaster, unit, solo, jack/beast)

If you were to field all types and give points for it, i would suggest giving +2 points, since you are already giving opponent potential of at least +4 points there.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 pm

almond wrote:What about +1 point for a list that includes one of each type? (warcaster, unit, solo, jack/beast)

Its a good idea but I don't want to burden new players too much.

Actually I believe every player will field atleast 3 out of 4 type,
Well from what I can see the Warcaster / Warlord, Jack/Beast is auto include .(Jack/Beast points)
As for solo its too good most of time one or two.
Units its the most important among those 4 if caster died they still running and its hard to take them all down if they scatter around.

jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Good afternoon, lunch time! But before i go hunt for food.

This league is about the players, it is scored and design to be player friendly. Jesse have done an excellent job in ensuring this to be a player friendly event. Many of the things became clear after listening to his explanations.

1. This is very new player friendly. You get points no matter win or lost. And you play 3 games, and you pick the game with the highest points scored.

2. As it is a non-caster kill game, in order to win we have to think differently. It is about scoring as much points as possible while preserving your army (so as the opponent don't score as much)

3. It is convenient, as we know some players can't go for the meet up every week, hence we can play anywhere, and just report the result in.

4. Simplistic fun.

5. Even down to proxy, as long as your opponent feels/think or you manage to convince/coerce/force/politic your opponent in to accepting your proxy its good to go, here take one point. To be safe, don't proxy la (btw i think i'm one of the ones very guilty for proxy...)

6. End of the day it is up to two mature adults to work things out. If your opponent's last standing Eiryss decides to go the merry go round denying you the kill... shake hands and and decide the winner la. Be a sporting gentlemen and all will be well.

7. As mention above a hand shake will work everything out. By the way there is no draw, you will have to work it out. This is to encourage sportsmanship, yo!

One point have been bugging me... i think we need to make it the responsibility of every participant to make an effort to play against everyone. Again just be sporting, if you have very limited time, announce your participation in weekly meet-up, and try to play against as many players as possible. And for the others, don't hog, play one game and let him play someone else. Let people where and when you can play if you really can't come, and don't la say only Kajang 6am in the morning on a Monday.

It will be a more rewarding experience if we play against everyone, and the souvenir we are planing will definitely make playing against everyone worth your while.

Finally to clarify, yes Almond is right on, it is first kill, meaning as long as you killed one (caster/Jack/Beast/Solo/Unit) you get the point, and you only get it once.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah this encourage people to take units too, they are harder to kill outright to score the points. And after a caster dies, they are still there to finish the job.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAMONE Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:38 pm

I"m in=)
RAMONE
RAMONE
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Ramone welcome back! How is exam thing?

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAMONE Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Done one paper...3 more to go...see u on Sat?
RAMONE
RAMONE
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next