Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament

+8
polarloon
thevampiredio
NeonUchuujin
Gliblit
gizmoduck
almond
jasechew
adiaze
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament

Post by Gliblit Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:29 pm

eh eh! call me ah if dropping by

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament

Post by adiaze Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:35 pm

pm me your hp number.. i dont think i have your number
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Huhu Alan registered both of us already Very Happy
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by paintminion Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:38 pm

adiaze wrote:
jasechew wrote:Oh Adi u registered already?
wow need to submit deck list upon register that's quite bad that means cant actually give it a try 1st before decide.

Goin later tonite. I thought can submit deck list on morning of tourney. Apparantly not.

ermm... what you all playing aar?

paintminion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:26 pm

paintminion wrote: ermm... what you all playing aar?

Lets just see on sunday. The terrains are interesting and frankly... a lot of water. lots. if only i have the croc army then.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:37 am

EDIT: The following have all been clarified to be imagination i concocted in in me mind. As was clarified by others, no one was allowed to register after thursday, and no one was changing his list on saturday, it was just a random list. The army list wolf asked from them when they arrived must be for some other game or tournament.

Very sorry for thinking too much. Bool Sheet in italic at the bottom.

So? Did wolf allow you to change your list. Especially since Nick and Tommy submitted their list so late. And I think I caught one of them changing their list after being in the terrain room.

It is weird. On Thursday wolf was being so strict on MUST register by 12:05 else registration is closed! And must submit list, so you have no previewing of table setup. But today we see two person register.

They don't just get to see the table before submitting army list but also got a preview of adi's army in action. I'm not playing so I have no bitching rights. But I just find that odd, wolf have always been strict and fair...

I wonder what the special circumstances are.

I've not heard anything yet... I hope he does change his mind. It's only fair.

Last edited by Gliblit on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:07 am

Maybe it was a simple misunderstanding? Perhaps he was editting his "buy list" instead.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:41 am

Gliblit wrote:So? Did wolf allow you to change your list. Especially since Nick and Tommy submitted their list so late. And I think I caught one of them changing their list after being in the terrain room.

I doubt it really. Perhaps its just a shopping list.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 am

oh well, that is good to know. Thanks for clarifying. Because of what i heard them said i really thought it was an army list. I'm nosy muahahahaha!

so they did submit their list way before and was not a last minute thing la.

Very sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad i raise it and got clarified, else i will be holding it on them till their death bed ( on the gaming table la... Razz )

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:48 am

WOI!!! this just cross me mind!!!!!

GO SLEEP LE! you are playing a 70pts each side game tomollow!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Me and Alan got second place Smile huzzah!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhuala Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:46 pm

It very exciting to watch you guys battle out for supremacy. I want to ask alot of questions but I really dont want to distrub you guys.

Maybe someday I get my 35 or so points...
Zhuala
Zhuala
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Congrats! Now I'm waiting for a battle report Razz
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 pm

lol 70 points battle report?.... can't be bothered.

Was under stress so much didn't even take pictures Very Happy but Scyrah shooty list very scaryyy.... phantom seekers all around
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:12 pm

gizmoduck wrote:lol 70 points battle report?.... can't be bothered.

Was under stress so much didn't even take pictures Very Happy but Scyrah shooty list very scaryyy.... phantom seekers all around

Scary indeed! I too have trouble going up against them due to lack of experience, but play your cards right, shooty Scyrah is more managable than shooty Cygnar.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:08 am

Tekanan wrote:
gizmoduck wrote:lol 70 points battle report?.... can't be bothered.

Scary indeed! I too have trouble going up against them due to lack of experience, but play your cards right, shooty Scyrah is more managable than shooty Cygnar.

Lol. The battle was rather long and exhaustive... don't think i'm gonna do a battle report for this one... heck, havent even done the amateur battle report yet. Razz
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:55 am

I don't think I can stand a game that long o.o Kudos for you guys who actually played at that magnitude! Very Happy
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:07 am

I think the amount of thinking required and the fact that I got dehydrated was the telling factor. Massive headache afterwards lol.

35 points tag team is huge... and I wish the tables were bigger. The 'canal' table at the end favored against the phantom seekers too much. lol the formation was even the same for the final game. Hide behind broken house and shoot. If I had known what they can do I would have deployed differently. The unit is so powderfulll, too bad we didn't manage to kill them in the second turn with the sprays. That would have made them think a bit.

4 vs 2... :'( Need to come up with the special sign

"If you can read this, you're standing to close to the table."
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:19 am

gizmoduck wrote:I think the amount of thinking required and the fact that I got dehydrated was the telling factor. Massive headache afterwards lol.

35 points tag team is huge... and I wish the tables were bigger. The 'canal' table at the end favored against the phantom seekers too much. lol the formation was even the same for the final game. Hide behind broken house and shoot. If I had known what they can do I would have deployed differently. The unit is so powderfulll, too bad we didn't manage to kill them in the second turn with the sprays. That would have made them think a bit.

Yeah, Phantom seekers are annoying, not to mention the fact that they have a reach of 14". That's usually half or close to it the table length.

gizmoduck wrote:

Lol. I know exactly what you're referring to. And yes, its very annoying when it was happening.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:07 am

Ok since I am in class, and have just assigned my students some DIY work, I'll come up with a simple narrative-like batrep. I don't know the names of the units Very Happy so edit this if necessary mod.

GAME 1 vs. Cygnar (Jeremiah Kraye) / Circle Orboros (Baldur)

Scenario: DESTRUCTION

TURN 1

Menoth (awesome) and Legion (uberawesome) moved into position to try and block the objectives from enemies' LOS. but because Menoth heavies were not very fast, they weren't able too.. haishh.. Harbie hid behind rock formation and put on some make-up. Vayle advanced fearlessly behind her warbeasts (can't name them but they're all scary and spiky) and protected the objective on her side.

Cygnar began shooting at the objective first turn on menoth side of table but then I realized that you can't shoot at it first turn. Look on enemy's face: priceless. Cygnar couldn't shoot at any of the jacks due to choir so use one magical shot and damaged a crusader's armor slightly. no biggy.

TURN 2

Menoth ran awesomely forward and one crusader was counter charged by Ol'Rowdy dealing some damage. Legion moved forward and did some spray's (I think) and was blocked off by some forests but those things don't affect them due to PF and the eye thing (mod: from now on, eyeless sight shall be referred to as "the eye thing"!).

Enemy factions started dealing damage. Wrecked the first crusader and shot at the second with a magic weapon. One choir was out of position and ran. Circle also advanced and got into melee with Carnivean. Traded some blows but nothing major. no-one seems interested in the objectives.

TURN 3

Dartan Vilmon and a fellow Paladin awesomely charged Ol'Rowdy and dealt around 20+ damage. 4 dice ftw. Second crusader who was sad because his friend died, went in and wrecked Ol'Rowdy. Not rowdy anymore now is he?

Legion (mod: possibly a Typhon) charged and sprayed and dealt awesome goodness damage on the circle stone walking thingies (mod: If I'm not mistaken, one of the 'circle stone walking thingies' played is the Wold Guardian). There was an argument whether you could spray a unit behind a couple of warbeasts if it were completely blocked. Legion won the argument and charcoaled the whatever unit that was behind the beasties. crispy. Avatar advanced and menoth gazed...nothing. Vayle took control of one of the rock thing and hit a friend stone guy (mod: too vague to make a guess, but I understand your confusion. Everything in Circle is either stoney or a dog). Harbie poppeth her feat.

Cygnar didn't seem interested in going for the objectives because they just can't shoot at the holy warjacks. So turned attention to the Temple flameguards. 3 died and another 3 were martyred. Harbie decided she can sit on 4 lives. no biggie. Circle charged two of the legion's beasts and dealt massive damage but as with the beasts, if you ain't gonna kill it, why bother?

TURN 4

Temple flameguard bravely retreated (while singing "We're gonna make it home for Christmas") to protect the objective (Legion side) from any funny-funny move. Avatar decided he was ******* (mod: nice try, but no disguised f-bombs please!) bored and so slammed into a stone thingy but didn't know that he couldn't be KD. oh nevermind, let's poke at it and kill it anyway. and oh yes, I will menoth gaze you too! Warbeasts killed more things, caster and Carnivean went for the objective. WIN!

*I won't write the batrep for the one I loss because it was just waaayyy too embarrassing Very Happy

All in all, I wouldn't say that this is my favorite Menoth list, because no Vassal and no cool units like KE and the Seneschals. Even though discounted warjacks are great and cheap, but they are way too spread out in big games and the choir can't protect them all. If this were a solo game it might be alright as I can advance through the middle in tight formation. But with a partner, and the terrain being what it was, it was hard to maneuver. Plus the WJs are very slow at speed 4. Crusader's call allow them to charge 9" but not great for capturing objectives. I would replace the temple flameguards and one paladin with a revenger to make Harbie more effective against range targets. Cataclysms 5" AOE could kill a few of those long range snipers.

We were lucky in the first game because the setup of our opponents went for us. Cygnar couldn't shoot me, Circle couldn't block due to pathfinder. i suppose if Cygnar had gone out of their trenches and be within melee, they would have been threatened by the legion beasts. The terrain went against us in the second game and Alan's warlock was shot down quite early because our gamble didn't pay off.

I think the pressure of the tournament also got to me a little because I didn't play as aggressively as I had wanted. It has usually paid dividend whenever I do that. Oh well, next time!

Last edited by Tekanan on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : mod: I love editting, so editted as requested XD.)
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 am

Lol! Nice one about the bored slamming Avatar Very Happy
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 am

adiaze wrote:
gizmoduck wrote:

Lol. I know exactly what you're referring to. And yes, its very annoying when it was happening.

Haha... damn annoying right? Yo! wolf if you are reading this, you need to take some control man!

Overall i think the event is interesting, but i still don't regret not joining. With my flaring temper recently (that time of the year) i would have gain "reach" and "path finder" and charged across the table. Yeah, interfering spectators, that ends up standing among (right in between) the players and talking like he is playing the game and dispensing tactical advice is .... uberwrong.

Oh, i also checked, no Phantom seeker does NOT ignore stealth.

Elf are actually a very strong faction when up against Warmachine. ie. They have Jack hunters! Against hordes.... not so much. And they die to Stealth Battle Groups (yes the caster get stealth also). They also lack Template weapons to deal with infantry.

Lesson learned just from watching
1. i learn from yesterday is a renew respect for infantry, and how cool the elf infantries looks.

2. And Jade has the alternate Eiryss!!!!!

3. Bull dogs from Mantic games cost Rm10 a pop... Jade bought from allen...

4. Warmachine is NOT a spectator sport, spectator should just be sillent and stand and watch. We need the tennis/golf umpire that goes "shhhhh...." or a librarian (the space marine varients works also)

And

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:32 pm

You guys should have been there for the last game though Very Happy tempers were absolutely flaring between the two opponents. Very hostile environment and calling out over everything each player does. One player literally scolded his opponent when he touched one of his miniatures and said something like "If you touched and do something like this (gestures movement of touching miniature) I consider that movement already, I don't like it when you do that!!" Very Happy ohhh the competitive nature of some! how delightful to watch!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:45 pm

I would've just left the table if some sourpuss spouts that nonsense to me. That behaviour is void of sportsmanship to me and makes a game into something serious.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't blame the angry dude actually, when we were playing him he seemed calm and composed. Only against these two guys. Maybe they know each other and that's how they normally play? shout2 throw2 things at each other?

uweekkkkkkk!!! you can't do thaaaaaaaattttt!!!! uweekkkkk uwekkkk :'(( mummyyyyy!!!!!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next