Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Warmachine a 3D CCG Game?

5 posters

Go down

Is Warmachine a 3D CCG Game? Empty Is Warmachine a 3D CCG Game?

Post by jasechew Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:06 pm

I cant help but come to noticed that Warmachine is more to a CCG compare to a miniature Game. As the game adept few of the key features of CCG I would say Its like a 3D CCG Game

1. Cards matters more then miniature . Its like the miniature just a representation of the card as most of the stats and even damage are kept tracked with the card

2. Model works independently just like most of the CCG example like Magic or L5R

3. Lots of strategies and thinking as most of the miniature games I saw just "BANTAI" and roll dice then every1 happy and go home for dinner lalala

However It still have standard Table Top Game features like terrain and distance range.
What I mean here its more to the "Play Style"

jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Is Warmachine a 3D CCG Game? Empty Re: Is Warmachine a 3D CCG Game?

Post by NeonUchuujin Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:09 pm

I completely agree with you. Just the other day I saw someone rolling, like, what, 30 dice in Warhammer? And I'm like what the heck?

Although, unlike card games when usually everyone plays the same thing with very little differences in decks, as I've observed between us players, there are many people who approach the game differently and play quite variant army lists, though one might argue that its only because each faction has a variety of Warcasters which play uniquely from each other.
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm quite an avid Magic the Gathering player before I started WM and after learning about WM, I find that it has MANY similarities as jasechew described. I actually prefer it this way and believe this is the direction TTG should go (in terms of how rules are standardised). A succesful 'physical' game is where you have rules which allow you to transfer to the game to acomputer using a programming language and make it work immediately. Both Magic and Warmachine works this way.

@NeonUchuujin: I think I've seen approx 60 or 80 d6 rolled before... The player dumpped all his dice into a box, shook it and poured it on to the table. He picked out the succesful ones, and repeated 2-3 more times since he did not have enough d6.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Yar man; my old orks used to fire a volley of 60 shots per squad, assuming I only used basic small arms fire. Having only 10 dice at the time was a bit of a bugger.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm

but yeah i reckon WM has combined certain gameplay elements very well; if they can find a way to resolve without dice, i think we have the ultimate tabletop strategy game.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RAMONE Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:27 pm

I agree with Squee...the one thing that makes Warma/Hordes diff is taht there is a random factor when u have dices in the game....

Beware of making the dice gods unhappy
RAMONE
RAMONE
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:33 pm

squee wrote:but yeah i reckon WM has combined certain gameplay elements very well; if they can find a way to resolve without dice, i think we have the ultimate tabletop strategy game.

I thought I got ya butcher for good .....
But NO Butcher yesterday night survive my Beast 09,
Damm Devastator can deal Kachev 15Damage somemore with 2 attack only,
Kill my Beast and make me abandon all skills and roll for KAI kill him with Destoryer and he finally barely die.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down