Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[20.06.10] Weekend Sunday WM meet-up report

2 posters

Go down

[20.06.10] Weekend Sunday WM meet-up report Empty [20.06.10] Weekend Sunday WM meet-up report

Post by Tekanan Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Had 2 introductory games to players today (although 1 of them was technically a 2nd intro game). I have decided to play my Cryx battlegroup (-1 deathripper for balance purposes) vs Khador's battlegroup.

Game 1 (Cryx-Tekanan vs Khador-Alvin K)
Khador played conservatively and the counter attack game since he noticed most of the Cryx units went up fast. Juggernaut played bait and the Deathripper felt for it, only for the Juggy to move out of charge range next turn. The Defiler moved in to spray the destroyer and dealt some damage but importantly, applied the corrosion continuous effect on it. Destroyer then charged the bonejack but the defiler surprisingly lived! It was not meant to be though, as the defiler tried his luck leaving melee to spray sorscha only to die to the Free Strike. Denny then casted parasite to the Destroyer and a charging deathripper dealt some significant damage to the destroyer, taking out his cortex and the bombard arm. Juggy moved in to back up the destroyer, albeit being out of range while Sorscha takes more pot-shots at the remaining slayer. Denny decides enough is enough and proceeds to charge the destroyer, opting to shadow bind him, disabling him from moving into melee range with denny! Deathripper dealt further damage to the destroyer, resulting in 2 life left (and a working right arm Sad). Sorscha however, saw her chance and windrushed into a clear charge lane, feated and killed denny easily!

Game 2 (Cryx-Tekanan vs Khador-Wong)
The same army was played, but with an additional koldun lord and a deathripper into the mix. Koldun Lord only lived to see one turn due to a defiler spray attack. Sorscha actually wind rushed her way to elevation and casted Fog of War, for a grand total of DEF 22 against ranged attacks. Juggy decided to back her up. Denny decides to stay put and uses up all her focus for parasite and crippling grasp on the khadoran jacks. The slayer however, misjudged his movement and was 1" short of covering Sorshca's charge lane. It was all right though since I stayed behind difficult terrain, until I remembered that Sorscha has Boundless Charge! She boundless charge her arse all the way to Denny, feated and killed her again. DAMN YOU WHORESHCA!

Although Sorscha is my main caster, this is my 2nd and 3rd time playing against her after like 1+ month from the previous Sorscha game. She is surprisingly a very strong caster to go against at prime level (went unnoticed by me from the amount of losses i accumulated from her Very Happy). I actually picked up a couple of things from this game. Sorscha should be more played more aggressively and her units are really there for her to get that caster-kill. The 2nd game really showed me how this worked. Of course, executing it in reality by me is a different story Razz.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

[20.06.10] Weekend Sunday WM meet-up report Empty Re: [20.06.10] Weekend Sunday WM meet-up report

Post by jasechew Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Sorcha always been a very strong caster,
but from what I can see,
she will have problem against fat caster and her move is quite predictable,
therefore watch out using her against exp player like Squee,
i reckon play her wisely don't follow the book she is a very flexible caster

Sorry for wasn't able to turned up, i been very busy last weekend,
probably be busy at this weekend too hopefully can make some time to game.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down