Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback on mini-events needed

+4
RAMONE
adiaze
Wayfarer
Tekanan
8 posters

Go down

Do you think this is a good idea?

Feedback on mini-events needed I_vote_lcap83%Feedback on mini-events needed I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
Feedback on mini-events needed I_vote_lcap17%Feedback on mini-events needed I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Feedback on mini-events needed Empty Feedback on mini-events needed

Post by Tekanan Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:04 pm

I need your honest opinion on the following issue:

I have this idea of running a monthly mini-event at the end of each month in which WM games will be dictated by a specific format. This mini-event is not a tournament but simply a casual environment like any other WM meet ups with a twist. For that particular day (likely last Friday of the month), WM games will only cover that given format. The format may include one of the following (but not limited to) for each mini-event:-

- Doubles
- Chaos
- King of the hill
- Steamroller scenarios
- Casterless
- Mangled Metal
- Highlander
- Bondings
etc...

No format will repeat itself in the successive month unless there is a strong demand for it. Some formats stated are yet to be completed (i.e. casterless, bondings). If you are unfamiliar with a particular format, I can explain it (or the idea behind it) here.

My question is, do you think players would support this idea? If we run a mini-event, only for 2-4 players abiding it and the rest playing 1v1 casterkills, there isn't much point behind this.

Last edited by Tekanan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Feedback on mini-events needed Empty Re: Feedback on mini-events needed

Post by Wayfarer Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Definitely supported! The mini-event day should only have games in the format-of-the-month. No standard caster-kills. I think this would be good practice for everyone.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Support it. Except that go with bi-weekly instead. Once a month is just too far away. I think everyone dont mind trying out different format since it levels the playing field a bit.

Also, will casterless really work for Hordes factions? I cannot imagine the fury leeching can be done without casters.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Hordes version for casterless needs tweaking. The problem with Hordes isn't the fury leeching but the fury sinks available (i.e. forsaken).
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:29 am

Each faction has some way for non-warcasters to force beasts and to remove fury as far as I know - correct me if I'm wrong, though. Plus, no warcasters mean no battlegroups and you'll have more troops and solos.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAMONE Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:10 pm

We should start playing scenarios too...I think everyone is familiar enough with the rules to start doing scenarios rather than caster kill
RAMONE
RAMONE
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Ooooh... 15 pt 1-1-1-1 (1 caster, 1 jack/beast, 1 unit, 1 solo) games sounds fun for a variant Smile But yeah, love the scenario battles. It could be rescue Squee or something.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 pm

I'm in danger?
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:21 pm

squee wrote:I'm in danger?

Until you bring another faction besides Butcher, why YES YOU ARE!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:00 pm

How would menoth fare in a casterless army? Without the buffs we iz doooooooommmed...

I prefer scenario style campaigns with a storyline behind it. Maybe One of us (or we can take turn) can narrate it prose style for everyone to read after every battle Smile Like a mini fluff kind of thing. The year long special events can follow a backbone of narrative so that everytime there is a special rule i.e. casterless / capture the flag etc games, there is a reason behind it Smile And maybe the outcome of the scenarios this month can give us ideas of how the next one would be.

e.g. losing faction caster last "episode" is imprisoned this episode etc2 and gets his buddy to free him or something like that

Just an idea though, what would I know lol.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 pm

What? Menoth doomed? Are you kidding? I think you might have that backwards, dude.

The Avatar doesn't even need a Warcaster. Choirs and Vassals are the primary jack buffing tools. Reclaimers can convert souls to focus and allocate that focus - way better than jack marshals! We have Knights Exemplar of various kinds for the wet-work (fearless weapon masters!).
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Well its depends if on points vice of the " casterless " concept if we can field avatar + atleast 2 vassal of Menothl & 1 Vassal Mechanik then I believe its your game . extra points put in choir and more mechanik even covenant then u see avatar solo all the way man

Jack Marshal.... its good to have but PoM can live without 1 as u can see most of the caster are high focus and u guys even got those damm wrack to give focus.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Wracks need Warcasters to be really useful. Reclaimers only need the faithful to die for Menoth's cause... Twisted Evil

In a casterless game, I think a Reclaimer is almost as good as having a caster for jacks other than the Avatar. The enemy will surely want to kill the choir and fearless weapon masters which will supply plenty of souls. A full choir, a vassal and some fighting troops would round it off.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Wayfarer wrote:Wracks need Warcasters to be really useful. Reclaimers only need the faithful to die for Menoth's cause... Twisted Evil

In a casterless game, I think a Reclaimer is almost as good as having a caster for jacks other than the Avatar. The enemy will surely want to kill the choir and fearless weapon masters which will supply plenty of souls. A full choir, a vassal and some fighting troops would round it off.

Of coz u need caster to make wracks work. Its overall the faction dosen't need one as tat's why there isn't one.

In casterless game its depends on rules setting can u field a jack without it marshaled or being in a battlegroup?
Even u do will it be autonomous or OFF(sit there lay eggs and do nothing) ? Hahaha

Never the least but I think reclaimer will die 1st normally b4 even get to give a focus or so. probably some arcing fire canon ball will get em.

I would suggest if can chuck in infantry just chuck in more infantry instead of jacks
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Although this is not what this thread is about, but I will go ahead and say that I am in the process of getting the rules right for a casterless format. My only concern is that there are too many rules involved to make it a 'straight port' i.e. a Highlander game.

Also, Reclaimer trick doesn't work. Jacks need to be in a bgroup to be able to be allocated focus. A good example is the Seether spawned by the Withershadow Combine. That Seether will never get its free 1 focus every turn because it is not in a bgroup.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:02 pm

@Tekanan: you're both right and slightly wrong. The Reclaimer trick won't work. You are correct in that jacks need to have a controller at the start of the game - ie. they cannot begin the game autonomous. They need a controller to be allocated focus.

However, you are wrong about the Reclaimer. He can allocate focus to any friendly Faction warjack. The jack need not belong to any battlegroup - only must not be inert or autonomous to have focus allocated. Jack Marshals don't have battlegroups so theoretically, Reclaimers can allocate focus to jacks controlled by Jack Marshals. Unfortunately, the PoM does not have any Jack Marshals... Crying or Very sad
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down