Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warmachine Terrain Making Night

+7
Gliblit
gizmoduck
thevampiredio
adiaze
almond
Wayfarer
jasechew
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Warmachine Terrain Making Night - Page 3 Empty Re: Warmachine Terrain Making Night

Post by Tekanan Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:15 pm

[Ghost] wrote:Since Squee has decided to cancel our little rpg session, I can make it on Sunday.

I spoke to Kenji and hes not around that day, but will try to get someone to open up for us.

Why not make it a Sat then since u guys cancelled rpg night?
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Warmachine Terrain Making Night - Page 3 Empty Re: Warmachine Terrain Making Night

Post by [Ghost] Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Kenji is running a L5R league on saturday afternoon then closing early to head to Singapore.

Sunday should still be good. I`ll keep in touch with him just in case anything comes up.
[Ghost]
[Ghost]
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 am

This is .... Haiizzz...

Jesse initiate the thing, then highjacked BT Tekanan who set a time but did not set anything else...

I hope you guys have a trough discussion yesterday. I had to chao... Came here hoping to see some more organised post...

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:53 pm

As a confirmation, terrain making day is set on the Sunday, 14.11.10 at 2pm. Although word has been passed around to the ppl confirmed coming, i apologise for the lack of coordination on the interwebs.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Haizzz... Tekanan you need help organizing this don't hesitate to shout out.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Ok I'll try my best in making the hills, but I am lacking some materials. I need some latex paint to coat the hills with. Apparently sprays don't work on styrofoams, it melts the thing. If anyone has house paint lying around unused, bring it over with a used paintbrush. I've bought the foam cutter so I'll pre-cut everything before heading to Kenji's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DsTFNU7-Rs

I also saw a simple tutorial in making low walls. Perfect cover for rifle-men. involves stacking small pieces of styrofoam again. I'll pre-cut the pieces and bring them over. Need spare hands to stack them up on perhaps foam board and paint them. Oh yeah, that reminds me, please bring some paint.. and old brushes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tda5F43BZGA&feature=channel

gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Gliblit wrote:Haizzz... Tekanan you need help organizing this don't hesitate to shout out.

FYI I didn't organise this. I'm just helping out getting the message across. Credit goes to jasechew for the excellent idea Smile.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:27 am

Gizmo!!!! Bring on down your stuff... I don't have your number... How to call you?

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:36 am

gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 am

Tekanan wrote:Warmachine Terrain Making Day
Date: 14.11.10
Time: 3pm onwards

Sorry, I assumed you are organizing things. It felt like your project after this.

So far, from what I know Gizmo have done lots of stuff, and had bought the carpet thing. Squee is still stoned out on the sofa bed after experimenting with cheap... free materials.

I'm hungry and can't leave the shop....

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Did you guys had fun?

For me there is a few learning point.

1. Need to be more organized. And have define goals. Too many heads are bad. It was too random.

Was it to:
a. Create terrain we can game on? Improve from what we use to get? (standardize size, flat for easy mini placement)
b. A terrain crafting class? ( to teach the art of making terrain?)
c. Create a theme table?

If we want to do it again, the goals and objective needs to be clear. And there should be one head.

2. We need standard size template. ie. 4x4 4x6 6x6 so that everyone know their dimensions.

Anyone have pics?

I think the star have to go to honourable Gizmoduck, the amount of work he put in to those foam is impressive. Getting so much done in such a short time is super.

Wayfarer thanks for showing up. Next time bring an army la!

Tekanan for the red bull and yogurt drink.

And special thank to Kenji for the materials and space. So sorry that Tekanan cut your table. And thanks for the food.

The rest of us who get to play the 5 way game... Hee... That's the ultimate highlight for me yesterday! Playing the game. (Jesse, Squee, Farhan, Kenji and me... Me first out, Farhan is a bully.)

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Glad you guys had fun. The 5 way sounds like a blast. So how many tables did you guys manage to fill up? Razz
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by [Ghost] Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:36 pm

The lack of coordination really hurt us this time. But props to Kenji for being patient with us and helping out where he could.

5-way battle was fun, but I didn't bully anyone. Gliblit started shooting at me, so I started shooting back. It's not my fault I had a bigger gun.
[Ghost]
[Ghost]
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Now we are comparing gun size la! Dang! Next time I'm bringing the mortar crew!!! (as if I have them...) but biggest of them all still that pirate thing...

Kenji did helped out alot. I was burned out from figuring out an easy way to make houses... and was useless after a late nighter... I'm like a zhombeee...

I don't know how Kenji and Squee can last so long.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:33 pm

I would suggest a permanent terrain fixture at Kenji's (storable is preferable). Since co-ordination is a problem, in this forum we can do 2 things:

1) Determine what table sets we would like to fight on.
2) Designate team members for each set, no more than 3 people per team.

It's easier to co-ordinate with fewer people and communication becomes clearer. Just my two cents.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:33 pm

Gliblit wrote:So sorry that Tekanan cut your table.

Dammit, I really did end up cutting it isn't it? Sorry!! I was honestly trying to be careful but I guess I missed out a few. Next time someone needs to supervise me doing the 'kindy' work Sad.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Well overall is a success for this event thanks to all who came .
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Yeah, it's a successful event. Everyone have fun. I think for the time being we have enough terrain for two table.

The painting (if required) can be done at another time. Let's just use them this Saturday, then see where we need to go from there la.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 pm

well I think it need to be painted if not It looks kinda odd
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Well, it is cheap - free, mostly. Isn't it?

We got a few large-ish buildings. I think the 2 6x6 (6.5x6.5, actually tongue) that Farhan and I did would fill up a normal table if we had too many of those. I think maybe 2-4 more 4x6 would be more than enough. We'd need a couple more hills / rough terrain / water features, I think and maybe just a few more walls / hedges. That should do for at least 2-3 tables, maybe even 4.

Well, I didn't figure I'd have time to game anyway - had to leave by around 6.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:14 pm

btw, how are we going to split up the cost for the green and grey mats?
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Sorry man... I'm not painting them, I want to finish painting my minis first.

Haizzz... Ok la... Maybe I will paint the water tower I made. It's only because it's you asking.

Tekanan, the carpet was bought by Gizmoduck and financed by Jesse. If you are interested in contributing... well, it does seems to be a little too late. But who knows...

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:50 pm

Well those carpet I bought it its for community use, therefore please take good care of it. If u wanna contribute a share for da carpet feel free to pay me a share since its for community. Its good to have a share in such a warm community.

But I will not take the money since as my money have already been spend. As I will use the money instead to make our 1st WM-Malaysia League more happening.

Incase u wandering YES we have a WM League coming soon.
Stay tune at the Monitor near you.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 am

Yay!!!!!!!!

League!!!

Anyways, yeah here you have it, pass what ever amount you want to Jesse he will sort things out.

BTW if able I'll go over earlier on Saturday to paint up the tower and do some painting of my own. Come la if you want to.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm

I'll do most of the prep at home Very Happy Gonna be a busy week, can only spare one gaming night - most probably the legio Friday event.

This has NOTHING to do with our friends' taste of music. NONE whatsoever.

HELIKOPTER KARAOKE FTW.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next