Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Tactical] How to defeat Hordes?

5 posters

Go down

[Tactical] How to defeat Hordes? Empty [Tactical] How to defeat Hordes?

Post by NeonUchuujin Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:28 am

I'm having trouble against the Hordes factions, up to now I've haven't beaten a Hordes list, (Although I've only fought against Everblight and Skorne). Are there any general tips to playing against them which is different than playing against Warmachine?

Oh, and I play Khador.
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

[Tactical] How to defeat Hordes? Empty Re: [Tactical] How to defeat Hordes?

Post by squee Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 am

Hit them until they die. Never leave a warbeast with a single hit point. Two fury later and that thing is back on its feet and wailing on you.

So the number one rule of fighting Hordes: Finish the job.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:34 am

Also if the player is silly enough to leave his warlock open, wail on the warlock.

Warlocks typically have lower armor than their beasts so when damage does get through, it's usually staggering. If they shunt, beasts will take a shitload of damage which can render them near useless, assuming it doesn't kill them outright.

If the warlock is forced to shunt damage to his prize beast, have a mobile damage dealer like your Drakhun or the Manhunter ready to finish it off.

Watch out for high DEF casters like Rhyas though. You don't want to miss against that one.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:05 pm

I too am still learning how to play against Hordes. I find that playing against them is a whole new experience compared to playing against WM. A general rule I follow is to always go after their warbeast first. Easier said than done though, as a smart Horde player would simply set up in such a way that a sacrificed beast would mean an open assasination run towards your caster.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:01 pm

I would say go for the beast first too.
But sometimes its not really the right thing to do it becoz Warbeast is harder to kill compare to Warjacks.
As Master Squee says if u "MALANG" and left it with 1 HP bye bye la to your Warjack or troops.
Therefore I would say best way is to GB99 it take down 1 at the time trade units I would say Warmachine faction models are cheaper compare to hordes u have much to offer compare to hordes.

Example
there is no 6/7points heavy in most of hordes faction mostly is 8 or more.
Most troops are more exp and sometimes even shitty abilities (cheap1 100%shitty abilities)
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:46 pm

I don't think that's true about Warbeasts being harder to kill. Most Warbeasts are not as heavily armoured as Warjacks and they don't usually have as many damage boxes. There are exceptions, of course.

They are expensive, I think because they each have an animus that expands their warlock's spell list and they can cast their own animus themselves. On top of that, the way Fury works - you can always force/boost something as long as the beast is not full on Fury. You don't need to pre-allocate like you do with Focus on jacks.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Wayfarer wrote:I don't think that's true about Warbeasts being harder to kill. Most Warbeasts are not as heavily armoured as Warjacks and they don't usually have as many damage boxes. There are exceptions, of course.

They are expensive, I think because they each have an animus that expands their warlock's spell list and they can cast their own animus themselves. On top of that, the way Fury works - you can always force/boost something as long as the beast is not full on Fury. You don't need to pre-allocate like you do with Focus on jacks.

Well I u have forgotten something very important here ,
Warjack u can leave overnight they need mechanik to fix them therefore cant prevent performance drop,
(rip 2 arms or 1 cortex its no longer much of a treat)
meanwhile Warbeast is different the warlock just well spend 2 fury its all good and ready to swing.
The another things is as u said man they comes with free synergy spells with other models .
therefore = buy warbeast get spell free and pre-approved fury loan no fury nvm owe 1st spend and think later.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:33 pm

Wayfarer wrote:I don't think that's true about Warbeasts being harder to kill. Most Warbeasts are not as heavily armoured as Warjacks and they don't usually have as many damage boxes. There are exceptions, of course.

I only partly agree with this. While there are "easy-to-kill" warbeast, there isn't much out there. At least 60% of the warbeasts out there are tough to kill combined with upkept/animus spells. Armour not as heavy as warjacks is just an illusion after all those spells come into play.

They aren't really expensive. Most of WM jacks cost just as much. Caster vs Lock +jack/beast points is also almost the same.

What Hordes lack is probably suckier units compared to WM. I cannot confirm this, as Hordes do have their fair share of great units (Tharn Riders for example), but from my experience and observation, it really does seem so.

At first glance, Hordes does seem more powerful than WM due to the fury mechanic being more powerful than the focus mechanic. However, we are getting lots of reports that WM prevails over Hordes. People have mentioned that the first thing you have to understand is that you approach the game differently against hordes compared to WM. I am still learning that approach...

Perhaps I should start playing a Hordes army against an Hordes army and learn from scratch Razz.

[aah! another excuse to start my Skorney Agenda!]
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:43 am

The other day I learned a very important lesson in battling Hordes.

If possible, always try to take down the Warbeasts first, no matter how small and tiny. (I'm talking to you, you little Shredder nyap nyap thingy).
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:38 am

Nyap Nyap is cute and harmless ...but well if they fall in the wrongs hand ....
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down