Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WM/H at Epic Toyz, Melaka

+8
P666P
Zhuala
adiaze
[Ghost]
RAMONE
jasechew
Gliblit
Wayfarer
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WM/H at Epic Toyz, Melaka - Page 3 Empty Re: WM/H at Epic Toyz, Melaka

Post by jasechew Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Well that's what i think ,
I believe most guys disagree with me, but I believe there is always stronger and cooler enemy out there to take down and being defeated is part of the learning curve.

If so scare of losing stay home and play MMORPG and live in a fantasy world.
WM/H is a big boys game where requires bravery , strategy , foresight and luck to win.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:03 am

Survival of the fittest eh? For me it depends on point of view. When they're starting off, playing your best may be good for you, but if you're really to get people to play, trashing them silly is not the best way to do it. Long term wise, it hurts the recruitment.

By their actual 3rd game onwards, especially after they've bought a few stuff and bought a few more minis, by all means, no mercy mode can be used.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:33 am

adiaze wrote:Survival of the fittest eh? For me it depends on point of view. When they're starting off, playing your best may be good for you, but if you're really to get people to play, trashing them silly is not the best way to do it. Long term wise, it hurts the recruitment.

By their actual 3rd game onwards, especially after they've bought a few stuff and bought a few more minis, by all means, no mercy mode can be used.

Well I totally agree with u bro,
But u got me wrong,the post above is referring to tournaments. What I mean is should always try your best in tournament games if not its disrespect to ppl who plays and ppl who organize the game. (haha there is a reason why its call a tournament)
If its casual games its abit too much la want play hardcore meh?

The other post is try to tell ppl not to TKT.

Correct me if I'm wrong,
Unlike any CCG there is no rares in this game everyone starts with equal points and your favorite models, on top of it its a dice rolling game anything can happen. Therefore there is no reason saying coz he got more better stuff then me,The only reason someone lost is lack of exp or "Malang"
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:13 am

To add to Jace's comment, I've always enjoyed table top gaming more because of the apparent strategies involved. The strategies start at the army building level. Experience not only teaches us to about when to activate a particular model or how to move a particular model but also about synergies. I believe that the fundamental rule about army building is having a game plan first then building a list that will execute your game plan in the most efficient manner. But as we all know the best laid plans can come to ruin if the dice dont roll in your favour. It happens in real life so why would it not happen in a table top strategy game as well.

As for playing your best or giving "chance" to new player, I am in agreement with both Jace and adiaze. If I dont play my best and make deliberate mistakes I might inadvertently be rewarding bad plays made by new players. At the same time a new player would not have the same kind of experience with his army list as I would have with mine. So using that a more experienced player would be able to totally crush a new player by capitalizing on even the smallest play errors.

I see this happen all the time in Magic and unfortunately fall into this category as well. In Melaka the more experienced player consistently top 4 fnm's/pre-release/release/other events. We dont really give the new players much chances. However most of them still stick around and invest in getting better cards and stuff because they are having fun. So I feel that this is the defining factor.

The onus lies on us more experienced players to make sure that even though we crush them our opponent has fun while being ground to dust under our warjacks Very Happy Tell your opponent what mistakes he made and how he could have done things differently. Share your knowledge with them. That would definitely keep them interested. Especially if the knowledge that you shared actually helps them win their next game. Once new players start realizing the depth that this game actually offers I am pretty sure that they will stay hooked. Smile

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:52 am

Why everyone makes me sound so violent one la Shocked

Well I always play random fun list and lose during normal games leh ><
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:27 am

Hi all, I'm new to this forums. Someone mentioned to me that there's a new shop in Melaka that carries warmachines. This is good news.

When do you guys hang out? Would like to meet some of you guys sometime. Seems like P666 and camlok are the residents there. Maybe I can drop by soon. I'll bring my models along too for a quick game. You guys around today / this weekend?

Terminus
Gobber

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 am

Terminus wrote:Hi all, I'm new to this forums. Someone mentioned to me that there's a new shop in Melaka that carries warmachines. This is good news.

When do you guys hang out? Would like to meet some of you guys sometime. Seems like P666 and camlok are the residents there. Maybe I can drop by soon. I'll bring my models along too for a quick game. You guys around today / this weekend?

Haha lemme guess u are a Cryx player too.
Mind introducing yourself at player Introduction page?
I believe there are many ppl wanna know more bout ya
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by camlok Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Yay at more players. Boo at another cryx player.

We play at bukit beruang, BB Bazaar ground floor.
At the moment these are the ppl I know:

P666P - Legions, Menoth(starter), Khador(starter), Retribution(not even an army)
Zhuala - Cygnar I think
Zhula's friend - Cryx starter I think, but he just got it. Dont think it's assembled/painted
Lord Toruk - Cryx starter too (Go paint and assemble your model already)
camlok - Supposedly skorne, but dont have any models yet.

P666P will be in KL. I will be at the shop tonight, but wont be around in the weekends. Lord Toruk might be around. Not sure about Zhula and his friends. I suppose you can drop by tonight and have a look at the place.

camlok
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:03 pm

camlok wrote:P666P will be in KL. I will be at the shop tonight, but wont be around in the weekends. Lord Toruk might be around. Not sure about Zhula and his friends. I suppose you can drop by tonight and have a look at the place.

We should be at Hobby Forge tonight at bout 8PM.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey there Terminus. You are more than welcome to drop by at the shop anytime. Looks like I wont be able to make it to KL today as some unexpected things have cropped up at home so I will be at the shop today. However I only have my starters with me so if you dont mind that then yeah would love to have a game or two. I will try to round up a few more people as well to get some games going.

Ill be at wolfs place to check out the amateur tournament tomorrow though.

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:01 pm

The power of communication tools! One more new player!

Jesse, yes you are violent. But fun to play against. Your deck always broken siiiiiiiiiit... But fun to experience.

Most of the fellas around are fun to play against. Even when I'm helpless against their army. Still things can still be fun. Kena tapau like sheeet recently after I drop butcher... Sadness... Need to completely change my list.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Gliblit wrote:Jesse, yes you are violent. But fun to play against. Your deck always broken siiiiiiiiiit... But fun to experience.

Heh. I know Jase for a long while, fun to play against, violent decks/army and even more so when topdecking (ccg) or dice rolling, (minis). Ganasai.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3