Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

+7
almond
paintminion
Tekanan
Wayfarer
squee
jasechew
gizmoduck
11 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 8 Empty Re: [Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

Post by adiaze Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:15 pm

I know we played only with 15 points army, but that ability was annoying. Every kill results in KD and in most cases, they will die from a jack/beast attack.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 8 Empty Re: [Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

Post by gizmoduck Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Yep, it is a cool ability when casted on units that were meant to die like the exemplars. I think it is more of a psychology thing to be honest. e.g. most factions have a way to prevent KD, either through spells, or ability etc.

eKreoss main weapon is always his feat + units. Although I think with Dervishes he would be insane. Plus 2 focus and auto hit, that basically means a total of 5 sidesteps = 10"!! bonggggg.. lompat dervish lompat! lompat la tinggi-tinggi!

gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm sure it can be worked around. It's my first time against that ability. Now that i know, i'm sure i'll look for something. Smile
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Okayy.. eKreoss experiment didn't go as well as I had hoped. But it was fun while it lasted. The units are easily neutralized with sniping fire. There's no way to protect the slow KE from shots. Need stealth! or 5" AOE lolz..

Played against Jim's Menoth yesterday (collecting backdated church money) using Severus shooty army Very Happy. Now you're thinking "shooting? against Menoth?" wtf? Yup, I immediately realized that I made a big mistake. Jim had 2 vassals and choirs, kept singing the Rolling Stones latest hit "You can't always SHOOT what you want"... Here's the simplified and probably inaccurate battle report:-

Turn 1

Good Menoth moved first immediately after Feora texted Severius "Ain't got no money fo youz beyotch!".. Deliverers wanted to shoot at the jacks but was reminded that they couldn't (I now understand how all of you feel). Saw that the wracks were available (despite the auto-miss) scattered and didn't do much to anything. Templar, Choirs and Vanquisher moved up and were sung by the same Stones song. Severius moved up and cast his standard wards and Eye of Menoth (awesomeness). Bad Menoth turn, moved up slowly in a group and took a pot shot at the vanquisher with a Reckoner - missed by an inch or so.

Turn 2

Good Menoth moved and started shooting that can be shot at and is in LOS. namely some choirs and the invincible wracks Very Happy blast damage killed a choir member; probably the one who had the worst drug addiction issues. Bad Menoth advanced gingerly and the Reckoner took its shot at a vassal and missed. Phew!

Turn 3

Here we go here we go! Templar decided he was bored (ala Avatar) and charged the nearest Castigator with its very awesome fleu'! Did lotsa damage but enliven activated and the Castigator safely avoided the next flurry of attacks (I learned how annoying that thing is too. FffFFFuuuUU enliven!) wasted 2 focus. Vanquisher took a shot at another wrack but the scatter didn't kill anything. Revenger ran to be within 10" of the choirs. Severius decided that he wanted the collection money no matter what and casted Ashes to Ashes through the arcnode. Killed another choir and damaged both Vassals. Epic fail. Bad Menoth took the initiative and charged in. Castigator and another crusader on the templar, reckoner on the Revenger. The Revenger was destroyed but the Templar survived.

Turn 4

3 Focus on Vanquisher, Feora is in the open! moved and shot at her dealing a good deal of damage. 5 lives left. Got Greedy, Vassal ordered a second shot and it missed. No enliven on the Vanquisher. Reckoner decided not to charge the Vanquisher but shot at it instead, damaging it pretty badly. Feora charged the Vanquisher and went mashpotatoes on its bottom. Vanquisher down, But all her focus was spent totalling the warjack meaning she only has one left on her. Guardian picked up the Templar and threw it at the Deliverers Castigator went in and burned 3 of them with its ability. Templar survived!

Turn 5(final)

Severius muttered to himself "If you want a job done right, you gotta take care of it yourself". Walked within 10" of the Castigator, popped feat, casted ashes to ashes, d6 targets and rolled 4. so Feora was within 5" of the castigator. Boosted the damage on her and took the remaining 5 lives. Severius triumphed! and most importantly the Church money is secured!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Nice battle report. Although it's more of a in-faction debt collection issues, nicely done.

adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:02 pm

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 8 Img0244eq
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:23 pm

I like Sevvy's pose in that pic. XD
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:11 pm

YMCA!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:18 pm

Got his choirs to complete the village people numbers too!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Henceforth it shall be known to me that Menoth stands for YMCA. Razz

Did you bring your Harbinger? YYYY MMM CCC AA...

adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:23 am

Ya la, Harbinger is actually doing the 'M'
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:29 am

Young Menites Chums Association.

"If you're sleeping in our beds, you'd better convert"
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:08 am

Now I'll have visions of trooper armies singing YMCA as they approach the enemy, protecting their Harbinger.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 am

"Like"

Young Menite Chum Assoc. I'm sure Vlad attended this when he was young.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Yo my awesome warmahordes players! I have recently placed an order to the capital for some cool new stuff Very Happy can't wait! and can't tell! need to surprise Adi for our finale 50 pointer
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 am

Heh. We shall meet then.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 am

Want to share with fellow menites the "Blessing escape maneuver"!!

If your arcnode / warjack is stuck and surrounded by enemy models; and you need to free him for e.g. an assasination attempt, you can try this method. (Note: It almost worked for me, but I'll tell you about that later)..

Ingredients:

1. Vassal of Menoth

2. An attacker with very high magic or RAT stat and can damage an armour 17 lightly (You need to hit at basically -2) - a sniper or precision strike unit / solo preferred.

3. Focus on the arcnode (optional)

STEPs

1. Activate Vassal of Menoth and cast enliven on the warjack / arcnode. Its auto hit so no worries here.

2. If you are using the arcnode to channel spells, use the revenger / blessing's repel shield to push away 0.5" melee targets that are directly blocking your way out. There's no need to hit everything as long as your entire base can safely pass the blockage. reach targets are fine as they provide enough gap between them for you to pass through them.

3. Here comes the tricky part. Shoot the arcnode with a precised strike i.e. Eiryss's auto 3 damage / or sniper like Kel. Melee attacks are easier to hit and do not suffer from the -4 from engaged in melee, but squeezing in would be tricky. If you accidentally damaged the arcnode box, then your plan iz overr...

4. Enliven activates due to damage dealt on the arcnode. and he moves away, no freestrikes.

5. Arcnode free and ready to be used! voila!

p/s: I failed to succesfully do this because My immoltaion spell I used to damage the arcnode destroyed my arcnode box... sad panda.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenscream Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 pm

That's a lot of work just to free the arc node...but if it guarantees a caster kill, that's an interesting move indeed. =D

ravenscream
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 pm

You'd probably in this position if the opponent knows that he can't damage your arcnode in his turn due to perhaps vision (severius ftw!) or enliven and repel. Last Friday for example Alif surrounded me with three models! Taking one hit from Severius was better than 3 free strikes imo. Smile

There's also an advanced mode which I shall not divulge here... But it is aptly named

" The Blessing of Vengeance NITRO boost super awesome driftuu moveee most powerful!!!!"
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:15 pm

gizmoduck wrote:
There's also an advanced mode which I shall not divulge here... But it is aptly named

" The Blessing of Vengeance NITRO boost super awesome driftuu moveee most powerful!!!!"

a.k.a DUDE WTF!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 am

DOFIIIFFFTTTOOOOOO!!!

Best, and my first time seeing, an offensive way of using Enliven.
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Yo @NeonUchuujin,

You, Alif, and Eric are the ones who know about "The Blessing of Vengeance NITRO boost super awesome driftuu moveee most powerful!!!!" move so don't tell anyone mwahahahahahaha
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 8 Empty [Battle Report] Hierarch Severius vs Old Witch of Khador

Post by gizmoduck Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:16 pm

I miss the forum, so I am going to post this here Very Happy

I've been having rotten luck lately against Dick's disciplined Khadoran army, so I though I'd change my style of play to see if it would work. Normally I like to go for a melee centered infantry heavy army that both tarpit really well and can put some hurt on the enemy. However, my assasination vector relies a lot on the Warcaster being super awesome and charging the opposite enemy caster for the win. Long story short, this strategy doesn't always work. Well, actually it rarely works. Against high arm / def caster, you can forget about a menite caster putting the hurt on the opponent's commander, let alone kill it. Maybe I just like the drama and the satisfaction of a caster vs caster charge!

I realize that playing menoth doesn't always work that way. Most of our casters are easily hit, and has little in ways to protect themselve. Heck, even the leader of our exemplar armament doesn't have weapon master and a def of 14.

So in my latest games against Dick, I decided to use eSeverius. I've been looking at the awareness assasination style of play and thought that with some lucky rolls with the reckoner / vanquisher / redeemer combo, I could potentially set the caster on fire and reduce him / her to very few life points by turn 2/3. After playing him for a couple of games, I realized that eSev is even more brutal than his awareness assasination combo would suggest.

Here's the list for our first game:

[Gizmoduck's]
Hierarch Severius6
Blessing of Vengeance7
Redeemer6
Reckoner8
Vanquisher8
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts)2
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts)6
Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer2
Vassal of Menoth2

[Dick] (not sure but I think this is accurate)
Zevanna Agha, the Old Witch of Khador3
Destroyer9
Destroyer9
Man-o-war Demolition Corps (Leader and 4 Grunts)9
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts)4
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios3
Kell Bailoch2
Widowmaker Marksman2

Deployment

I let Khador deploys and starts first because it's my first time playing eSev. Most of the army is packed in the centre with the widowmakers, kell and eiryss AD forward.

Menoth deploys as a 3 line brick with the zealots up front, followed by the jacks and eSev and with the choir support next to him.

Early Game

Both armies advanced quickly to the centre of the field which is cut in the middle by two rough terrain craters. The zealots did not have PF so I had to circle around the rough terrain to make full use of their advance. The old witch protects the front line of her army by casting a 5" aoe murder of crows right in front of the zealots further limiting their movement. It's a spell damage which means even with their mini feat, they can still take a pow 8 damage if they go in. Severius casts holy ward on the zealots giving them a +2 defense. This helped them avoid most of the sniper fires as only 2 were killed. Both armies' jacks advanced cautiously and the redeemer took some pot shots at the opponent's army but dealt nothing against the jacks' ARM 20.

Mid Game / Caster Kill

The Zealots pop mini feat to further cause frustration to the Khadoran witch. The Demo Corp decided the best way to deal with the zealots is to engage them. A couple ran and because of their reach, managed to engage a few of the front line zealots. Damn you! Eiryss was in a position to shoot the Hierarch (Which I was hoping she'd do so that I can get rid of her - blast damage from 2" away ftw) - but she decided to retreat behind the old witch and look for another opportunity later in the game.

ESeverius popped his feat after charging his own model (and killing it magnificently) and casted awareness. I rolled a 4 which means I get to control 5 models. I decided to take over the Demo corp and a sniper because of their awesome hammers and reach ability. I activated the sniper and attempted a shot at the witch but missed. I made a mistake of activating the Demo corp as a unit (They became friendly solos, not unit) but my opponent was kind enough to give me a mulligan (or didn't he? haha!). The demolition corp (now solos) did ice breaker attacks on one of the destroyer and managed to damage it quite a bit. Too bad I couldn't charge because it was in my back arc. One of the Demo corp charged the remaining leader (eSev feat can't take over the leader, only grunts) and killed it. Probably would have been promoted to leader next turn. Now with 2 focus on the redeemer and 3 on the reckoner, I attempted my awareness assasination. Old Witch was def 15 / arm 14, not high enough as the redeemer hit her on a boosted roll (stood still so rat 5). Did some damage to her with boosted damage roll. The Reckoner assaulted and with the vassal finished her off from 18-20" away. Some lucky rolls I concede but definitely a viable strategy with enough focus available.

Lesson learnt

1. eSev would have died if the assasination failed. He was exposed and within old witch's threat range (which is insanely huge). I keep making the mistake thinking that the assasination run is a be all and end all tactic.

2. If I were to assasinate from far, I think a combination of fear of god (causing the model not able to charge/run etc) and the Covenant (lighting stuff on fire early) can buy me a couple of turns and allow my caster to sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

3. The redeemer is nice for the 21" threat range (5+16), but very innacurate. At best you are looking at a 16" shot due to standing still at RAT 5. Not good enough. I would get a second reckoner to replace him instead. Now where to get that extra 2 points... Maybe drop the Vanquisher? at best the Vanquisher has a threat range of 14" / 18" (run and vassal shot) but great against infantry and the auto fire is too awesome to ignore. hmmm... need to think about that.

4. eSev's feat is just too brilliant when combined with his spell influence. After this game, we played another round at 50 points and my opponent fielded two full units of Demo and bombadiers. The feat turn combined with influence and the zealots' bombs practically took care of the bombadiers and the demo corp and brought them down to two guys. That's almost 15 points worth of damage by Sevvy alone. Medium based reach units with low defense beware. Awareness would also allow BoV to see beyond the front lines, allowing you to influence models behind them and knock some sense into them. I need to always remember to position the units I took over away from my own guys to prevent LOS next turn.

5. Realistically, I would need Rhoven in this list to take care of pesky steath solos like Eiryss asap. A turn without focus would ruin eSev and having a Devout would ensure he is safe from range attacks. But where to get all the extra points? maybe start playing at 50 lolz.

In conclusion, a really cool way to play menoth besides the usual attrition / souls recycle style. eSev's feat is amazing against most lists except for a heavy jack wall list (interesting to see how it would fare against Chris's Devastator wall of doom). The awareness assasination may work against an average def caster (15) but I am interested to see if it can work against more annoying ones like pSorcha and pButcher (def 17 ftw). Tbh, I think hordes caster would have a slim chance with their control range and average stats.

gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:08 pm

gizmoduck wrote:
1. eSev would have died if the assasination failed. He was exposed and within old witch's threat range (which is insanely huge). I keep making the mistake thinking that the assasination run is a be all and end all tactic.
Food for thought indeed.

gizmoduck wrote:
2. If I were to assasinate from far, I think a combination of fear of god (causing the model not able to charge/run etc) and the Covenant (lighting stuff on fire early) can buy me a couple of turns and allow my caster to sit back and enjoy the fireworks.
FoG should be casted to units early on, preferably via BoV or other forms of arc node.

gizmoduck wrote:
3. The redeemer is nice for the 21" threat range (5+16), but very innacurate. At best you are looking at a 16" shot due to standing still at RAT 5. Not good enough. I would get a second reckoner to replace him instead. Now where to get that extra 2 points... Maybe drop the Vanquisher? at best the Vanquisher has a threat range of 14" / 18" (run and vassal shot) but great against infantry and the auto fire is too awesome to ignore. hmmm... need to think about that.
The 2nd Reckoner is nice, but keep in mind that your list now becomes a very "assasination list". I suspect if you do so, you may have a tougher time playing scenario-based games. The VanQ is cool but as eSevvy, you have an arsenal to clear out infantries (i.e. Feat, Influence, Admonisher) already... as long as you have an Arc Node. Maybe try to include a *gasp* Guardian?

gizmoduck wrote:
4. eSev's feat is just too brilliant when combined with his spell influence. After this game, we played another round at 50 points and my opponent fielded two full units of Demo and bombadiers. The feat turn combined with influence and the zealots' bombs practically took care of the bombadiers and the demo corp and brought them down to two guys. That's almost 15 points worth of damage by Sevvy alone. Medium based reach units with low defense beware. Awareness would also allow BoV to see beyond the front lines, allowing you to influence models behind them and knock some sense into them. I need to always remember to position the units I took over away from my own guys to prevent LOS next turn.
eSevvy is an anti-infantry caster. As you have realised, you can "convert" enemy models to kill their own men. Just remember to make sure his back arc is facing you afterwards. Also if need be, don't feel afraid to kill those converted men immediately after if need be.

gizmoduck wrote:
5. Realistically, I would need Rhoven in this list to take care of pesky steath solos like Eiryss asap. A turn without focus would ruin eSev and having a Devout would ensure he is safe from range attacks. But where to get all the extra points? maybe start playing at 50 lolz.
35pt games is such that you gain some and lose some. You simply cannot cover "all bases" in a 35pt game. If you were to play a 50pt game, I'd definitely recommend Rhoven. Do also consider a merc unit that has been attended priested.

gizmoduck wrote:
In conclusion, a really cool way to play menoth besides the usual attrition / souls recycle style. eSev's feat is amazing against most lists except for a heavy jack wall list (interesting to see how it would fare against Chris's Devastator wall of doom).
I too think eSevvy would have a tough time against an armoured list. However, don't forget that eSevvy is a tough man himself too (under the influence of creator's wrath). Having approx. 7 focus with creator's wrath upkept, he can go 1v1 against most warcasters in this game.

A menite list that I believe would play really differently is Thyra. I got a feeling she plays very much like Garryth. It would be interesting to see how a Thyra game would turn out with light jacks, errants, and maybe even TFGs.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8