Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Tactical] Cavalry - not a popular unit?

+6
NeonUchuujin
adiaze
Tekanan
Wayfarer
cikiauness
gizmoduck
10 posters

Go down

[Tactical] Cavalry - not a popular unit? Empty [Tactical] Cavalry - not a popular unit?

Post by gizmoduck Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Hello people, the forum's been quiet lately so I thought I'd come up with a topic to discuss.

I notice that most players don't field cavalry units that often. I see Drakhun a lot but he's a solo. A couple of cavalry units here and there but not consitent use of it. So my questions are:

1. Are cavalry units retail price too expensive?

2. Are cavalry units too expensive Point Cost wise?

3. Are they not effective on the battlefield?

4. Or you just don't like horsies in general?
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

[Tactical] Cavalry - not a popular unit? Empty Re: [Tactical] Cavalry - not a popular unit?

Post by cikiauness Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm

lol why i got a feeling in this month there will be a cavalry vs calvary list haha

cikiauness
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Tactical] Cavalry - not a popular unit? Empty Re: [Tactical] Cavalry - not a popular unit?

Post by Wayfarer Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:36 pm

It's definitely expensive to buy. Points-wise, not too bad. Having said that, though, some of the newer heavy infantry are similarly priced per box. For me, definitely the money issue.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:02 pm

gizmoduck wrote:

I find that Cavalries are in general quite expensive, both in monetary terms and game terms. A max unit of a cavalry is generally 11 points. That's as much as a character jack or character warbeast. Nevertheless, I've seen the usage of cavalries before and it is more flexible than a warjack, up to a certain extent.

Cavalries can have a very devastating effect on the game. Light cavalries in Hordes tend to flank you whereas the heavy cavalries can hit as hard as a warjack. Due to its impact attacks, it can also reach your guys behind the unit you used to screen them.

I intend to custom-make my Iron Fang Uhlans. With the parts I intend to use, they are cheaper, but they look abit more barbaric. They aren't priority in my books though, unlike the Trollkin Long Riders whom I feel is a must-buy due to its lovely sculpt Smile.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Wayfarer wrote:It's definitely expensive to buy. Points-wise, not too bad. Having said that, though, some of the newer heavy infantry are similarly priced per box. For me, definitely the money issue.

Your faction has if not the best cavalry in the game. Use them!! XD
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm fielding cavalry units soon enough. Once it arrives locally and my wallet allocation allos for it plus 2 weeks of painting assemble and paying the painter... bla bla.. bla.. mumble mumble..
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Tekanan wrote:
Your faction has if not the best cavalry in the game. Use them!! XD

That's totally true. And they are in my plans...just not yet. Neutral
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Does playing Kraye count? Razz

Seriously though, I hear many good things about the Iron Fang Uhlans with eVlad that I may be tempted to purchase a unit, but not anytime soon though.
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:05 pm

I thought u played IFUs with eVlad before?
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Nick dude, then it would TRULY be the fastest faction haha
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 am

Cygnar Storm Lances any good?

Dodge
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 am

gizmoduck wrote:Hello people, the forum's been quiet lately so I thought I'd come up with a topic to discuss.

I notice that most players don't field cavalry units that often. I see Drakhun a lot but he's a solo. A couple of cavalry units here and there but not consitent use of it. So my questions are:

1. Hell yes.
2. Not to me. They're a fast and fragile flanking unit; except Cygnar cos the gits can have arcane shield and if memory serves they can use their lances even in a prolonged melee. I was looking at Uhlans and realized if they got bogged down they're screwed.
3. Like historical cavalry, dead effective until the charge gets blunted. Then they're boned.
4. A good horse is called glue.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:45 pm

The reason I am asking is because I am considering a low FOC caster as my next purchase. And I like testament of Menoth (Though not so much the model but more on the fact that Harbie likes him - maybe cuz he dun talk).

Googled and found out he works best with The Exemplar Vengers i.e. on feat turn (All models become incorp). Theoretically, it sounds amazing but on the field, it's always a different issue altogether.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Ok, turns out during the feat, all models do not require LOS to target.

SO YOU CAN ALL CONVERT TO OUR RELIGION NOW.. FORMS ARE OVER THERE.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:39 am

They're pretty decent for 7 points for 3 large bases with some groovy attacks. For me it'd have to be #1. Sad
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DemoNSquiD Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

No one wants calvary. Its expensive and ussualy dies just as fast as units. With the war engines coming out. It makes them nice targets to be blasted to peices.
DemoNSquiD
DemoNSquiD
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down