Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Khador] Khador Army Builds from squee

+4
Tekanan
almond
jasechew
squee
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Khador] Khador Army Builds from squee Empty [Khador] Khador Army Builds from squee

Post by squee Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Za Rodinu, mates!

Chris 'ere; despite our relative inactivity in the forums here is my 2 cents; let's start faction threads on army builds so that newbies can gain insight into how their factions units perform. For easier reading try listing in the following format...

ARMY NAME: X-points FACTION army
CASTER: e.g: Butcher of Khardov
BATTLEGROUP 1: list units
BATTLEGROUP 2 (if applicable): list units
SUPPORT: Things like pikemen, artillery, solos, etc.
HOW DOES IT WORK?:

So, fellas; tell us how you mop the floor with the opposition!

New to Khador? Well congratulations, you've picked the right faction newbie! You too are welcome to tell us how you plan to use that shiny new starter to bring frosty death to your foes! Go on then; don't be shy.

Last edited by Tekanan on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Topic title editted to conform to sub-forum rules)
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Khador] Khador Army Builds from squee Empty Re: [Khador] Khador Army Builds from squee

Post by squee Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Sample Army:

Army Name: Iron Rain; 15 point Khador Army
Caster: The Butcher of Khardov
Battlegroup: Butcher - 2 Destroyers.
Support: Winter Guard Mortar Crew.

How does it work?

The 2 Destroyers move up, maintaining pressure as they load shell after shell into the enemy.

Butcher hangs back lending his focus and the threat of a retaliatory assault on any who would harm his 9-tonne shell-lobbing babies.

The mortar crew's job is, after finding some good hard cover, to sit and shell enemy positions or try and take out sneaky solos with a lucky scatter.

This list is fairly solid but watch out for assault and speed oriented builds like those played by fellow kommanders like Vladimir and Strakhov.

This list's strength lies in its equal proficiency in melee and ranged combat, but be mindful of dedicated melee lists who will make a mess if they get the drop on you.

If faced with a dedicated ranged army, the Destroyers have to literally go in and bite the bullet, giving Butcher some support as the safest place to be while fighting shooters is to be amidst their ranks and scything through them like stalks of grain.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

[Khador] Khador Army Builds from squee Empty Re: [Khador] Khador Army Builds from squee

Post by squee Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 am

Army Name: pimp-slap surprise; 15 point Khador Army
Battlegroup: Butcher - Devastator, War Dog.
Support: Koldun Lord - marshalled Devastator.

Plough forward, soak up abuse and sweep aside all before you. The list is simple; deliver Butcher to charge range of enemy caster and keep him covered.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Army Name: Strakhov's Flying Circus; 15 point Khador Army
Caster: Kommander Oleg Strakhov
Battlegroup: Strakhov- Beast-09.
Support: 5 Man 'o' War Demo Korps, Reinholdt.

How does it work?
Strakhov casts superiority on Beast and occultation on the demo korps. Keep running towards the enemy until charge range then on charge turn, load 3 focus onto beast, pop feat and watch as your whole army sails into the enemy battlelines.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Army Name: Strakhov's Flying Circus; 25 point Khador Army
Caster: Kommander Oleg Strakhov
Battlegroup: Strakhov- Torch.
Support: 5 Man 'o' War Demo Korps, Reinholdt, Koldun Lord- Devastator.

How does it work?
Strakhov casts superiority on Torch and occultation on the demo korps. Keep running towards the enemy until charge range then on charge turn, load 3 focus onto Torch, pop feat and watch as your whole army sails into the enemy battlelines; hammers rising and grenades going off everywhere. Torch focuses on the heaviest target it can find and rips it a new one.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:48 pm

squee wrote:Army Name: pimp-slap surprise; 15 point Khador Army
Battlegroup: Butcher - Devastator, War Dog.
Support: Koldun Lord - marshalled Devastator.

Plough forward, soak up abuse and sweep aside all before you. The list is simple; deliver Butcher to charge range of enemy caster and keep him covered.

The Devastating Toaster list

Nightmare for whoeva face tiz list
for me well pilot this list is an nightmare too....
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Wha.... all Butcher? Sad

Here's my basic Sorscha army that I have in mind:

15pt:
Army Name: Battle Box Extended
Caster: Kommander Sorscha
Battlegroup: pSorscha - Beast-09 - Destroyer
Support: none

Works as both assassination or whittling down section of your opponent's army one at a time. Sorscha's positioning is very important here.

25pt:
Army Name: Mini Death Star
Caster: Forward Kommander Sorscha
Support: Min Winter Guard, Winter Guard UA, Kovnik Joe, Reinholdt.

Haven't tried this one, but it's a plug and play variant of the above in case you have to play 25 pts. Of course, a real plug and play with pSorscha would be:

25pt:
Army Name: Sneaky Ambushes
Support: Max Kossites, Widowmakers.

almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm going to change the list above a bit. The thing is, I don't like infantry that much (though I'd like to try out the WG Death Star), but I like Sorscha. So, here's my build-up from 15 to 50. It's jack heavy Sorscha.

Army Name: Basic 15 (2 jacks)
Support: none

Army Name: 25 Bump up (3 jacks)
Battlegroup 1: pSorscha - Beast-09 - Destroyer
Battlegroup 2: Koldun Lord - Kodiak

Army Name: 35 Mallet (4 jacks)
Battlegroup 2: Koldun Lord - Kodiak - Destroyer
Support: Reinholdt

Army Name: 50 Hammer (6 jacks)
Battlegroup 2: Koldun Lord - Kodiak - Destroyer,
Battlegroup 3: Man-o-War Kovnik - Berserker - Berserker
Support: Reinholdt

This is a build up list, hence there's that weird Kodiak and Reinholdt bit there. At least the Kodiak can do a lot of good by its lonesome, so I'm not complaining. Building up to 50 will take a while but I'm in no hurry. At least I don't have to paint oodles of infantry this way :p

The list doesn't strain a lot of focus from poor Sorscha, who most likely will spend most of it on herself. The theme here is focus efficiency as well as maximum output. I think a lot of finesse will go into playing these lists, but one thing for sure, each battle group will be taking out 1 portion of the enemy army.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Well Quite nicely planed out cant wait to see it in action
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Verra noice.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:25 pm

My own army:

ARMY NAME: 25 point Khador force
CASTER: The Butcher of Khardov
BATTLEGROUP 1: Butcher - 3 Marauders, Destroyer, War Dog.
How does it work?: Move in a T-formation with Butcher and Destroyer back. Keep up pressure with gun, fan out slightly with Marauders and prepare to pounce on any heavy that gets too close.

squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:34 pm

squee wrote:My own army:

How does it work?: Move in a T-formation with Butcher and Destroyer back. Keep up pressure with gun, fan out slightly with Marauders and prepare to pounce on any heavy that gets too close.

I APPROVE! (!^_^)b
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 pm

squee wrote:My own army:

Scary Boss...1st toaster Roti Bakar now Bowling pulak
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Got a brainstorm about an army that I might not like to paint. But see how ^.^

Tier 4 pSorscha at 35. It's tight, but I think it can work.

Battle group: Kommander Sorscha - Beast-09 - Berserker - Berserker (really going with focus efficient jacks here. Hopefully it won't tax poor Soscha's focus to much)
Support:
2x Min WG Rifle Corps
1x WG Mortar Crew
Kovnik Joe (who's free btw)
Widowmakers

It's a range spam list. Went with the Rifle Corps because of Ranked Attack and suppressing fire if nothing else. But yeah, if someone is brave enough to try this, they're welcome Smile But the thought of painting 23 models scare me :S
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:42 pm

almond wrote:Got a brainstorm about an army that I might not like to paint. But see how ^.^

Tier 4 pSorscha at 35. It's tight, but I think it can work.

Battle group: Kommander Sorscha - Beast-09 - Berserker - Berserker (really going with focus efficient jacks here. Hopefully it won't tax poor Soscha's focus to much)
Support:
2x Min WG Rifle Corps
1x WG Mortar Crew
Kovnik Joe (who's free btw)
Widowmakers

It's a range spam list. Went with the Rifle Corps because of Ranked Attack and suppressing fire if nothing else. But yeah, if someone is brave enough to try this, they're welcome Smile But the thought of painting 23 models scare me :S

Looks like a very balanced and also focus efficient list
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Read yer blog bout wanting ta play a jack-heavy Sorscha list. Recommended dis 'un.

At 25 points:

Sorscha – Beast-09, Juggernaut

War Dog

Koldun Lord – Destroyer

Now all you need is the battlebox, a character jack and 2 solos.
You don’t wanna strain Sorscha with too many jacks, so always assign jacks to marshals where possible. Destroyers are always good with Koldun Lord cos of his mad power boostin’ skills + jack marshal free boost. Good reliable artillery that uses up none of Sorscha’s precious focus!

At 35 points:

Sorscha – Beast-09, Juggernaut

War Dog

Koldun Lord – Destroyer.

4 Widowmakers
Widowmaker Marksman
Kell Bailoch
Gorman Di Wulfe

At this point most people are gonna start swarming you with infantry, and other than planting two Devastators to plow through them like I do, the Widowmaker firing team is good for thinning the herd a little as well as wasting solos and finishing off jacks and beasties. Gorman is there simply because he’s awesome and can really ruin your opponent’s day.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Juggernaut? The sucker is a focus hogger, that one. I like the recommendation though Smile If the Marauder is more focus efficient, I might try out with that instead. Now I just need meself a Koldun Lord and Gorman.

If any of you kind souls have a spare of either of those please contact me Smile

Last edited by almond on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by paintminion Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 pm

i doubt Wolf would be reading this lol... Rolling Eyes

paintminion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Meep? Wot's Wolf got to do with Juggernaut being a focus-hogger?
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:01 pm

ARMY NAME: 25 point Khador force 'Pinball'
BATTLEGROUP 1: Butcher - 4 Marauders, Koldun Lord, War Dog.
How does it work?: Move in a T-formation with Butcher and one Marauder back. Fan out slightly with Marauders and prepare to pounce on any heavy that gets too close. Koldun Lord is there to clear swarms and add a focus point to any marauder that needs it.

Marauders for cracking jacks and beasts, Butcher for clearing out infantry.

It's not rocket science...
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:42 pm

I can demo to you dipping method... If you want la.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:28 pm

gliblit> Is it just my imagination or are all your posts out of context?
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:22 pm

I mean, neouchujin, I can show you some speed painting method if you want.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Uh...why are you replying to neonuchujin when he hasn't posted on this thread? Dude, you sure you're in the right thread? Smile
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Wayfarer wrote:Uh...why are you replying to neonuchujin when he hasn't posted on this thread? Dude, you sure you're in the right thread? Smile

I think Neon is a big boy now he got many things to do and many errands to run therefore I hardly see him post anything
And Butcher is blur
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next