Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament?

+3
paintminion
jasechew
Tekanan
7 posters

Go down

Should unpainted and unbased miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia's tournament?

Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament? I_vote_lcap67%Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament? I_vote_lcap33%Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament? Empty Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament?

Post by Tekanan Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:52 am

There is apparently a demand for miniatures to be unpainted/unbased for the WM Malaysia Tournament. I would like to hear what are your opinions on this. Also, please vote what you think in the polls too! Due to limited time available, I've opened the poll till Monday.

A quick response is heaps appreciated!

Last edited by Tekanan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament? Empty Re: Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament?

Post by jasechew Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:07 am

Well Its less then half of the players I knew have decorated base and painted army bro .

I seriously think it wont be wise to deny new players with unpainted minis to participate since its a tournament to encourage new players to get to know more bout the game begin with .
I agree its nice and tournament standards to have painted models, Perhaps maybe next tournament we make it painted at least more people to be interested in the game 1st.

Is proxy still upon approval?
I think its a good way for players to be creative and try out new things .(including being creative and modify existing model)
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament? Empty Re: Should unpainted miniatures be allowed in the WM Malaysia Tournament?

Post by paintminion Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:53 am

I am for painted minis. This will motivate and attract an even wider audience to the game. This was what made legio work. everyone who played there had painted armies.

When I had gone over for the first time, I was reeled into 40K again. There was no bare model to be seen. A nicely painted army facing off another well painted army only attracts and makes you want to own one as well. This was for the social meet-ups, not even a tournament.

That was 40K.. where the model count is huge. I don't see the problem of painting up a 15pt warband/pack. Maybe even give a little something for the best decorated band/pack.

I know even I am painting up my 15 pts now so I can participate.

Proxies should be allowed to a certain extent. The model representing whatever it is being proxied should be as close as possible to the aforementioned model. example PKreoss representing EKreoss. But Pkreoss cannot represent say Reznik/Bartolo/Asphyxious/Thargrosh/Madrak/Kaya.

My 2 cents. I want the community to grow... positively. It saddens me to have to play against unpainted stuf most of the time. For this hobby to prosper those plYING should also realise it is a modelling and painting hobby as well and should indulge in that as well.

my 2 CenTs.

paintminion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RAMONE Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:22 pm

I"m in for painted minis....This is because it would be quite a turn off to face an unpainted models on the table.

Since I'm new, I feel that it would be quite hard to identify one model from another cause they all look the same when unpainted.

Anyways, I doubt we would be looking for golden daemon painting standard and i don't think that painting up minimum 3 colour standard for tourney will taxing for a 15pt game (unless you wanna spam infantry then it would be a different story...)
RAMONE
RAMONE
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 pm

paintminion wrote:My 2 cents. I want the community to grow... positively. It saddens me to have to play against unpainted stuf most of the time. For this hobby to prosper those plYING should also realise it is a modelling and painting hobby as well and should indulge in that as well.

I cant agree more, but most of the players which are new it takes them time to build up and paint.
Some of them were even not aware of this as we also did not inform beforehand . Furthermore its not a PP official tournament therefore I suggest that the community members to be less straight on the 1st attempt. Next tournament we organize by all means have it painted.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:57 am

As much as i would like to see an all-painted tourney, we may need tae take some factors intae account.

Mind you, though the hobby does look better aesthetically when all armies are painted; we also need to take into consideration that some people may be too busy with work to get their armies done or finicky perfectionists and that by enforcing this rule, we may or may not be excluding players.

Yes, you might say but it works for Legio and every other gaming club around the world, but the question is do we have the same numbers and support as these gaming clubs? I mean, we have enough trouble organizing a set weekly game let alone a big tourney without applying these rules.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:28 pm

I'm on the fence on this one.

I managed to paint up my 15 point army (Specifically, my unit of Iron Fangs) just for the tournament, and I can see how the tournament has become a form of motivation to push me to actually paint my stuff. In fact, I painted a figure each night the past month as a way to chill, so it wouldn't be so taxing.

On the other hand, I'd like to see many people, especially some new faces playing Warmachine, and the tournament is a great place for this to happen. If unpainted miniatures are allowed, we're definitely going to see a lot of new players, and maybe some of them might even join up for Friday night gaming at Hobby "Happy" Forge.

If the rule does change to allow unpainted miniatures, I'd like to see an added category for the best painted 15 point army; that way there's still an incentive for players wishing to paint up for the competition.
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 am

NeonUchuujin wrote:If the rule does change to allow unpainted miniatures, I'd like to see an added category for the best painted 15 point army; that way there's still an incentive for players wishing to paint up for the competition.

That's a good idea, I agree
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:47 am

NeonUchuujin wrote:
If the rule does change to allow unpainted miniatures, I'd like to see an added category for the best painted 15 point army; that way there's still an incentive for players wishing to paint up for the competition.

I agree; it sounds like a great idea. ^_^
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:38 am

Polls are closed. Officially it currently stands at
Yes: 4
No: 2

I will come up with something to accomodate this request asap!

Last edited by Tekanan on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake.)
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Uh...dude, you got it backwards! "Yes" is 4 and "No" is 2!
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Wayfarer wrote:Uh...dude, you got it backwards! "Yes" is 4 and "No" is 2!

Thanks for informing! Work was preventing me from thinking straight at other things. :S
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down