Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions

+2
Alvin K
Tekanan
6 posters

Go down

WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions Empty WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions

Post by Tekanan Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:11 am

Some of you may wonder where are the results, army list, facts, etc of the WM Malaysia Tournament...

I have all my documents ready and have transferred them into the computer. All I need left is some minor editting and uploads. I will not lie and say that unfortunately, I have been very tired today and did not do as much as I hoped for!

I apologise for the delay, but I will try my best in getting it all up to date ASAP!

Last edited by Tekanan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions Empty Re: WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions

Tournament Facts

WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions Tourneyfacts

Metagame:
Khador: 5
Cryx: 2
Trollblood: 1
Menoth: 1
Everblight: 1

Tournament Results
WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions Tourneymatchups
To view in a table form, click on the WM Malaysia Tournament Results link in the Related Links post below.

Last edited by Tekanan on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:37 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : editted due to typo)
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions Empty Re: WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions

Last edited by Tekanan on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Tournament facts updated!

Any particular moments that is worth sharing to the people who did not make it to the tournament?

I love the part where Alvin's Gaspy teleported to the wrong place and Emil's Madrak went "ooh what's this behind me?"

Madrak turned, advanced and proceeded to smash Gaspy to pieces.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Yeah, I didn't know that things can walk and consider it a charge.

Too stuck to the Warhammer Fantasy rules. Haha.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 am

Army Lists section has been updated!

Pretty much all details that I intend to upload have been uploaded already. Now for the pics...
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Teh Winnars!

Jason overthrew the former Khadoran Warlord to become the NEW Khadoran Warlord! He took the previous warlord's crown in the process...
WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions Imag0256b

Shazli winning the sportsmanship prize and the new Khadoran Warlord decided he deserves a share of the crown too!
WM Malaysia Tournament Facts & Discussions Imag0257

Last edited by Tekanan on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:01 pm

Eh, why the other pictures like not showing? Or did you just posted 2?
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Alvin K wrote:Eh, why the other pictures like not showing? Or did you just posted 2?

I posted the rest in another thread in order for people who don't wanna load all those pics and still want to view this thread. The link is found under the Related Links post.

By the way, anyone here have tournament reports of how their game went that they would like to share? Do post them away! We could all use some "learning experience" here Razz.

I also find it amusing that neonuchuujin was the only undefeated guy in the tournament!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 pm

I'll go first.

Game 1 VS Emil: I lost.
Asphyxious teleported behind that dude with steroid muscles and got bashed to death. I didn't know that you can attack when you're close enough coz in Warhammer Fantasy if you don't declare charge, there's no assault, in 40k, if you don't charge, you can't assault. Haha, rules really messed me up.

Game 2 VS Ismawi: I won.
Deathjack and Seether got owned by gay Menoth jacks. His Kreoss popped feat sial. But Kreoss underestimated Asphyxious and went to close, so Asphyxious went over and whack the sheeeeeet outta him.

Game 3 VS Dick: I lost.
Still not used to the game, Asphyxious went into the forest and got charged by some shenanigans that can move damn fast lol.

Game 4 VS Chris: I lost.
Butcher damn annoying sial. The devastator also damn gay lol. I should play the game less aggressively this time and teleport less...

Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Alvin K wrote:I'll go first.......
bla-bla-blah

Well your list does seem to be rather aggressive... Perhaps you need to teleport more 'intelligently'. As for Game 3, I believe those shenanigans are Manhunters. Very Happy

Honestly I was really impressed by your show. You barely even remembered how to attack/dmg and still got through the tourney with no draws!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Alif, check your tournament result, 1st game I lost.

I told you I play fast. I decide and think fast in whatever I do.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:37 am

Alvin K wrote:Alif, check your tournament result, 1st game I lost.

You are right. It's due to a typo and I have since corrected it.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:44 am

Game 1 - Ismawi (gizmoduck) Menoth; eKreoss.
Drago failed a charge towards the Avatar of Menoth and Crusader, leaving no space for my Iron Fang Pikemen to cause any damage. Although I managed to sneak a couple around a building to engage Kreoss after killing the Paladin of the Wall, they didn't manage to capitalize after surviving Kreoss' army attacks, and the time was up before I had a second chance.

Game 2 - Raymond (RAMONE) Everblight; eThagrosh.
8 Shredders and 1 Harrier against my platoon of Iron Fang Pikemen; a long game ahead. After trading blows left and center, Thagrosh's army of Shredders managed to strike a couple of blows against Vladmir, but the time ran out before Vladmir had his chance of revenge by charging towards the enemy warlock.

Game 3 - Shazli (antu) Khador; pButcher.
The Man-O-War Drakhun failed to split the opposing Khador army when Yuri the Axe finished him in a single blow. After trading blows and Vladmir casting anti-ranged AOEs, in the end, it was Vladmir himself who dealt the final blow to Butcher, after the Butcher himself decided to turn Drago into scrap metal.

Game 4 - Jason (jasechew) Khador; Karchev
Both armies struggled to obtain the first strike, as Karchev's Destroyer shot down a couple of Iron Fang Pikemen, including their leader. After hustling for attack positions and trying to open an avenue of assault against the other, and with several men fallen and warjacks scrapped, Vladmir charged an exposed Karchev to steal the victory.
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:39 am

Ooh, ooh; my turn my turn! *waves hands excitedly*

Match 1: vs. pAsphyxious

We squared off against one another as our forces advanced, the symbols of our nations plain to see; the earth shook from the leaden tread of iron giants.

Finally the marching stopped as Butcher's blood-maddened gaze met with the Iron Lich's cold, void stare. The tension could have been cut with a knife.

Finally it was Doomhowler, blighted kriel leader of Cryx whose roar split the heavens with a boom of thunder as he and his kinsmen launched themselves upon the Khadoran forces, their blades and hammers causing small dings and scratches upon the strangely purple Devastator.

Asphyxious was pleased, all was going to plan for while his minions engaged the Butcher's forces, he would slide in and deliver the killing blow, like always.

A dull thump echoed in the distance and the lich had little time to think as a bombard shell exploded, enveloping him with fire and shrapnel. Impudent mortals, he thought, you are no match for the Nightmare Empire! By reflexe, he beckoned his Machine wraith forward to sieze the jack, and as the spectral amalgam of ghost and gears slid into view, a blood-curdling roar filled the air.

Turning to see what made such a guttural noise, the lich's expressionless skull revealed none of the horror as he saw the infamous Butcher of Khardov leaping forward, launched through the air by his own arcane-fueled dementia. Madness lends a man wings after all.

In a whirlwind of steel, the machine wraith had little time to scream before its incorporeal form was dispersed by the mechanika axe. The Butcher laughed as he brought the axe down in a crushing horizontal blow, reducing Asphyxious to near ruin.

The lich laughed.
"It seems the vaunted prowess of the infamous Butcher is little more than embellished legend; is that all thine ilk has to offer? The extent of Khador's own well of boundless rage seems little more than a childish tantrum."

As the giant of a warcaster glared at the undead, he turned his blood-red, maddened gaze.

"Binki!" He bellowed.
"Heel!"

Almost immediately the ruddy red glow left his eyes, the Butcher's rage seemingly spent as he slumped heavily upon his weapon's haft; Binki the Devastator began to push. 16 tonnes of autonomous pneumatic steel began to push them back; their heels caked with mud as the trollkin threw themselves upon it in an effort to halt his progress.

"Foolish mortal" Asphyxious wheezed
"thine minion almost worried me; for but a moment I'd thought it able to-"

Red motes of light emerged from the crushed bodies of one of the trollkin as well as the spot in which the machine wraith once occupied, as well as from the mangled body of the hired alchemist nearby. Asphyxious could only watch in horror as the arcane residue of all of Butcher's hate floating through the air like the halos of crimson fireflies settled into the warjack's rounded silhouette.

The bestial bellow sounded again, but not from the raw, blood-flecked throat of a madman, but from the fired engine of a beast of steam and steel. The Devastator thundered forward, renewed.

With a flex of will, Asphyxious sent his last helljack to intercept this renewed assault, but the lithe killing machine was not quick enough as the iron beast battered it aside. Steping on its prone form, the Devastator leaped into the air, descending with meteoric fury.

"Thou art in jest, surel-!" The Iron lich's disbelief was cut off by the scream of tortured metal.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Match 2: vs pButcher: Win

Devastator made ample bait as it advanced and lured Yuri out. With the manhunter's destruction my rage token allowed the Devastator to slide forward and slap Butcher; which got his attention as he stood his ground and wrecked the jack, leaving himself wide open for an assault with a boundless charging eButcher next turn.

Match 3: vs Karchev: Lost

I got squarshed; a slight miscalculation resulted in a power-slid Beast-09 to my face. It was a very cool battle though, with feints, artillery and other sorts of tactical things. I hope Jason can give us a good account of this match cos it was awesome.

Match 4: vs pAsphyxious: Win

Asphyxious, too long used to pButcher's lack of maneuverability and inability to navigate difficult terrain learns what boundless charge is.

Finals: vs Karchev again.

I took down Beast-09 and my own Destroyer, but a slight miscalculation cost me the game as Karchev was soon upon me and stamping Butcher into a juicy pulp.

Well played, Jason, well played. ^_^

Three cheers to the new king of Khador!
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Well Its as Squee said its a exciting tournament,
I'm was outnumber in every single match I played,
Kids don't try this at home Kachev its not as easy as it seems it require alot of skills to pilot it right.

1st Game vs P Butcher
Tiz the most "Malang" game I played so far.... I send in Beast 09 with Destroyer to GB 1 juggernaut and I have my feat and unearthly rage ON still fail to wrack the juggernaut. The only system i managed to take down its his movement....I have lost count on how many 1 & 2 on this game then the Juggernaut turn around with fury and feat wrack both of my heavy jack and left Kachev alone.

But I managed to pull out a win with Kachev using trample power attack and straight to Butcher.

2nd Game Throll Blood
Send in Beast 09 takes down Mauler then seal the game with pure solid Khadorian plating. well as they always said... u wanna take down a big beast u need a bigger beast and YES damm u Madrak and ur sure foot.

3rd Game E Butcher
Well this game I and Squee both miscalculated.... my side make a calculation of 1" short for Beast to reach butcher on 2nd turn therefore Destroyer need to takes 1 for the team....But Beast managed to took revenge later. BTW Squee that's not a tactical feint...Its a Miss Q on my side...I'm not that skilled yet to pull out feint like that hahaha.

But due to both of us miscalculated therefore make the game more awesome.

4th Game E Vlad
Kena out numbered and die. well what u expect facing this many models with 3 model list ....well kachev juz not paid enough for shits like this

5th Game E butcher is back
Damm this the game most malang 1 ... I came out with the perfect plan....I shall Slam Squee Destroyer into Butcher using my Destoryer then beast shall charged in and kill butcher with style.....The roll Snakes Eyes for slam attack..... that's when all go down to drain this time Destoryer smart he ducked and Beast took 1 for the team.

Then Kachev charged in and pawn butcher .

jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:02 am

Well, congratulations to the Champion! I also agree that 2 runners up should get some token "saguhati" prize next time. Nevertheless, it sure seems like you guys had a fairly successful 1st tourney! Credit where credit is due!
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Wayfarer wrote:Well, congratulations to the Champion! I also agree that 2 runners up should get some token "saguhati" prize next time. Nevertheless, it sure seems like you guys had a fairly successful 1st tourney! Credit where credit is due!

Thanks bro,
Well I agree the 2 runners up should get something. But tis fairly small amount the people turned up if give so many prizes its I felt abit over kill .... but overall its a big success this the biggest WM tournament I ever seen so far in Malaysia . The most I saw b4 this is only 8 ppl.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down