Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What have you done to promote the game?

+6
Wayfarer
adiaze
gizmoduck
thevampiredio
almond
Gliblit
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What have you done to promote the game? - Page 2 Empty Re: What have you done to promote the game?

Post by almond Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:40 pm

I think we need a face to face meeting one of these days, guys. We can do what Legio has done with WH40K, that much I'm sure of it. We have one big advantage so far and that is we don't have a separate "clan" of players that's tied to a certain place (though I don't think I can see myself making my way to Legio if you guys ever decide to play there, sorry >.<).

The only thing we lack right now is proper co-ordination. Once we get that out of the way, I'm pretty sure we can bring our league to anywhere that's comfortable and convenient for all of us.

almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

What have you done to promote the game? - Page 2 Empty Re: What have you done to promote the game?

Post by Tekanan Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm actually planning a "legio meet-up" for awhile... just not anytime soon because I believe most of us want to settle down with the terrain building thing and some other related issues. Lets face it. Legio is far for the most of us (who is willing to go), so going there would require some pre-planning. The earliest would probably be in a few weeks time but no promises can be made cuz I might be going overseas for awhile (most likely the week after Hari Raya Haji).

I agree with arzmi that legio has really re-defined what TTG should be in Malaysia. I studied in Australia and I realised that gaming there is really different from back home. One day I stopped by Legio and it totally reminded me of how TTG should be like. I was seriously impressed and I can't wait to game there! I have since made it a point to one day bring the WM community there because people here NEED to see what a proper gaming club should be like. After speaking to Jeff briefly, he does seem interested in us playing WM there too but there are obviously rules that needs to be followed (painted models, etc).

Who knows, if I can see enough support, a legio meet-up can be the week after the next! I just need to inform Jeff that we are coming so he doesn't freak out at our numbers... Very Happy.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Arzmi!!!!! Respect! Few and rarely have I read a more meaningful post.

True that here we lack good leadership, those that can lead are reluctant. It's not everybody cup of tea, we are still trying to work something out, at the moment it's more of a personal effort level. Everyone doing what they think is good for the hobby.

I'm more of a supporting character solo kind of guy, I belief each community should only have one head. Now it's just growing pains la.

Everyone have good experience before. My fondest memories is actually GW Singapore. Professional, develop a very nice bunch of new players, friendly...

I just know one thing! We will make it happen! I'm tired, slept only a couple of hours last night. I may not make much sense now... All I know is Arzmi! Your comment ROCKS, you are now also on my cool list.

Good night

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 am

I've been hankering to go to Legio since I heard about it. It sounds like the promised land for us gamers lolz. I'm sure we would be taking a big step in promoting WM by going there and playing. Even though I'm sure a lot of the guys there are familiar with WM, constant exposure to the game can increase awareness and may entice some new players to cross over and try something new.

As a crossover (ahem) player, I can safely say that, once you go WM, you can't go back. There's just a limited number of dice I want to carry around with me at any given time. lol.

*rolls 26 dice and runs*
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:14 am

I did a lot of small scale stuff waaay back when; was teaching friends, taught semi-regularly at Comicsmart and I once had to teach someone in a kopitiam because the LGS wasn't open... Oh, and one time my boss at my old retail job almost wanted to sack me cos I apparently got a kid to stop buying pokemon and he went to Wolf's to check out WM instead. Geez; not my fault he's not twelve anymore...

In hindsight, I think my old approaches were a touch erratic and disorganized, running willy-nilly around, teaching people how to play a game and not really knowing where to send them to...

All in all I think WMM's grown thanks to Jase's skill at herding people, Alif's enthusiasm to get the game running and Dick's efforts to coordinate terrain production.
I think we're doing much better now and numbers have swelled considerably.

Now, we just need a stable base...

Last edited by Tekanan on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I am the walrus [mod reply: you are indeed.])
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 am

Its nice to hear so many ppl try and did something to promote the game and makes it happen.

Thanks guys its nice 2 part of the this community.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2