Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spells and effect targeting a model. We have been playing wrong. reff MKii book pg 72 under spell n effect.

4 posters

Go down

Spells and effect targeting a model. We have been playing wrong. reff MKii book pg 72 under spell n effect. Empty Spells and effect targeting a model. We have been playing wrong. reff MKii book pg 72 under spell n effect.

Post by buffalo Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:38 am

hey guys, i have been checking up on the rule book and i came across this mistake we have all been doing:

If a spells specifies a target model, It can target both model and units but if the target is a trooper, the entire unit will be effected.

This means:

Boundless charge will work on the entire unit, not 1 model of the unit as i was told my my ametuer game.

Influnce: U cant influence a trooper to kill another of his trooper because once influence hits, u gain ctrl the entire troop. U can still however make an attack with anyone else within that troop's attack range.

I only came across this 2 spells but yeap Very Happy models means solo or the entire troop Wink

cheers.

reffence mkii ruleboook pg 72 under spells n effect.

buffalo
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Spells and effect targeting a model. We have been playing wrong. reff MKii book pg 72 under spell n effect. Empty Re: Spells and effect targeting a model. We have been playing wrong. reff MKii book pg 72 under spell n effect.

Post by almond Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Wrong requote. Here's how it's written (spaced for ease of reading):

pg 72:

Some special rules and spells affect entire units. Those special rules and spells are noted in their descriptions.

If a special rule or spell specifies "target unit", it must target a trooper in a unit but will affect all models in the unit.

Effects that specify "target model/unit" can target any model, including non-troopers, but if the target model is a trooper the effect will apply to the entire unit.
Note the parentheses marks. There are spells that targets model/unit, as above, but Boundless Charge specifically writes it as "target model" only. The parentheses is written in the rulebook as a specific term, you can't take only half of it. Example of a "target model/unit" spell is pDenny's Crippling Grasp.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Spells and effect targeting a model. We have been playing wrong. reff MKii book pg 72 under spell n effect. Empty Re: Spells and effect targeting a model. We have been playing wrong. reff MKii book pg 72 under spell n effect.

Post by Gliblit Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Huh?

What is the conclusion?

I belief it is, If it says model, then it target model. If it says model/unit if it target a model in a unit, the whole unit is affected.

Am I wrong?

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:51 pm

You're right. I just forgot to put in a conclusive sentence at the end of my post Razz
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks for confirming.

Cheers

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Can you guys give examples of casters that have such spells that has the clause target model/unit?
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:11 pm

You can look at pSorscha's stat card. It has both.

Boundless Charge says "target model".

Freezing Grip says "target model/unit".

In fact, the "target model/unit" clause is more common than "target model".
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by buffalo Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:15 pm

alright will check again in the forum Very Happy

buffalo
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by buffalo Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:49 pm

almond wrote:You can look at pSorscha's stat card. It has both.

Boundless Charge says "target model".

Freezing Grip says "target model/unit".

In fact, the "target model/unit" clause is more common than "target model".

yeap u r correct Very Happy my bad. thanks for the clarification.

buffalo
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:19 pm

I would think it's clear cut english in most cases. But you never know. Well, thanks for example almond. That example seems good enough an identifier for me. Knowing the shifty days of l5r. Smile
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down