Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter

+5
adiaze
squee
cikiauness
gizmoduck
Alvin K
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter Empty Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter

Post by Alvin K Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 am

Iron Forged Painter
A Hobby Forge Event
26th of March 2011

Overview

This is an event aimed to bring together enthusiasts of the miniature painting and gaming hobby. This will be a 24 hour painting challenge.

The objective of this event is to solely have fun, paint miniatures, gain the experience, hang out and chat with the coolest people around, make new friends and of course have lots of FUN! Achieving any of the awards mentioned below is just a side bonus of the event.

As your event organizer, Alvin, I will be attending the full length of the Iron Forged Painter and will be painting together with all who are brave enough to participate. For further enquiries or information, do contact me at alvin.khaw.88@gmail.com

Miniatures

As a participant, you will have the choice to paint any miniatures as long as they can be used in the Warhammer 40,000, Warhammer Fantasy Battle, Warmachine, and Hordes gaming system.

Warhammer 40,000:
30 miniatures minimum. Your 30 miniatures must be able to make a legal army force following the 5th Edition Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.

Example: You may paint 20 Tactical Space Marines, 2 Rhino Transports, 10 Space Marine Scouts, 1 Space Marine Captain. The painted miniatures will be able to meet your minimum army requirement of 1 HQ and 2 Troops.

Warhammer Fantasy Battle:
30 miniatures minimum. Your 30 miniatures must be able to make a legal army force following the 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy Battle rulebook.

Example: You may paint 2 blocks of 15 Skaven Clanrats and paint 1 Chieftain. As long as your points allocation is correct based on the minimum 25% points of Core units and 1 General of course.

Warmachine & Hordes:
30 miniatures minimum. Your 30 miniatures must be able to make a minimum of at least 1 legal army. This means that a Warmachine/Hordes painter will be painting 1 army and fulfil the rest of the event requirement by painting other Warmachine/Hordes miniatures.

Example: You may paint up an entire Cryx Battlegroup that may consist of 20 miniatures, then paint 5 Khador miniatures, and 5 more Menoth miniatures.

Rules

Miniatures may be assembled and primed with any 1 solid colour. Separate pieces may be primed at different colours.

Basing may be glued on to the bases. Bases may be primed any 1 solid colour. Your miniature may be glued on the base with the basing done.

Example: Your Ork may be primed blue and glued on an orange primed base.

Priming can be done outside (stairwell recommended). A specific box will be supplied for painters who want to prime their miniatures.

Airbrushing is allowed, but painters must bring their own equipment, especially a little station for their airbrushing so the paint mists don't make a mess and hit other miniatures. A 2 feet by 2 feet cardboard box will do.

Airbrushing enamel and other hazardous materials are not recommended. If you have to do it, find a way to do it outside, far far away.

Dipping is not allowed, due to slow drying time, mess, and the dangerous fumes.

All painting/assembling/basing/converting must be done personally and painters may not receive actual physical help from other painters. Verbal help is OK. Purchased resin bases and converted miniatures are allowed.

Painters may bring other items that may aid them in their painting like their own music/songs or their cushion for the chair. Painters who want to listen to their own audio must do so with their own headphones or earphones, it is not recommended since we’ll all end up talking to each other anyway.

Painters MUST bring their own painting mats. Painters who forgot to do so will be supplied with newspaper. Please don’t use newspapers as your mat. It stinks.

Other painting supplies such as paints, brushes, basing material, multiple types of glue, and black/white spray primers are sold at Hobby Forge. I will do my best to refill all the paints and brushes to ensure that you will always be able to get the colour that you forgot to bring or probably finish using on the spot.

Timing and arrangements
The event will start at exactly 12pm on Saturday, 26th of March, in Hobby Forge. Within the 24 hours, feel free to go for your breakfast, brunch, lunch, teatime, dinner, or supper.

Please be at Hobby Forge by 11am so your miniatures can be inspected before the event. In any case that you forgot to bring something, you will still have time to rush home for it.
Do come early to get good painting spots.

The event will end exactly at 12pm on Sunday, 27th of March. After the voting, announcing, and packing up, Hobby Forge will be closed for the day. We all deserve a good day’s sleep.

Players are welcome to play on the 2 extra tables in the other room. Since the lighting for painting is suitable for everyone in the main rooms. Players should not distract the painters, or you will be asked to leave.

Painters who did not complete the challenge and leaves the place to go home are considered as conceding the event and shall not receive any awards.

Awards

At the end of the event, you will be given an award in the form of a certificate a week after the event.

Iron Forged Painter
Anyone who completed the challenge within the 24 hours will be awarded with this certificate.

Alternate Awards

For those who chose to accept the challenges below, you will receive an upgraded certificate with the following titles.

Iron Forged Hero
This award is going to anyone who completed the challenge by starting fresh from the box/blister. Painters must purchase these box sets/blisters from Hobby Forge and Alvin will have your purchases kept in the store room. You may inspect the contents of the boxes after purchase to ensure that the packaging is correct but you will not be allowed to do anything to the contents (no cleaning, washing, removing from sprue). Painters may only use the bases from the boxes. Basing before the challenge is not allowed. If using purchased resin bases, they must new and be left to be kept by Alvin at Hobby Forge.

For Warmachine/Hordes painters, this arrangement can be discussed before the event.

Bear in mind, painters who choose to go for this award will have to start from scratch, priming, assembling, basing, etc.

Iron Forged Will
Completing the challenge with a minimum of 60 miniatures. Miniatures must be painted up to a decent quality.

Immortal Painter
Achieving both the Iron Halo and Iron Will and completing the Iron Painter. Miniatures must be painted up to a decent quality. All miniatures must be completely painted.

Iron Forged Champion
This award will go to the best painted army by votes of all the participants. I will be the one tallying the votes, so do not vote for me.

Immortal Iron Buffoon Award
For participants who failed to complete a minimum of 10 miniatures within the 24 hours.

Here’s a checklist of what you should bring.
Your codex.
Miniatures.
Bases.
Bags.
Boxes.
Basing material.
Paints.
Brushes.
Your sanity.
Painting cup.
Paper towels.
Glue.
Painting mat.

You sure you checked everything?

You very very sure?

Thanks for taking your time to read this rules pack.

Alvin K
Hobby Forge

For those who want the pdf for this pack. Please let me know.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter Empty Re: Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter

Post by gizmoduck Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 am

Question: Do I need to own the miniatures being painted? Can I paint other people's miniatures? Thanks..
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:30 am

You don't have to own them of course.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by cikiauness Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:27 am

err if example im painting a giant deathjack does that considered as 2 minitures ????

cikiauness
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:36 pm

1 model. You paint a super heavy tank, still counts as 1.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:36 am

This event is not jack/beast-friendly. I own about 100 points of Khador and they still don't reach 30 models. Only way i can see this happening is if people were playing an infantry army.

I was gonna suggest lowering the requirement for WM players, but actually i think a mixed army should have enough models.

e.g:

Epic Irusk
-Torch character warjack
10 Winter Guard infantry + Officer & standard + 3 rocketeers
10 Winter Guard infantry + 3 rocketeers

Skarre
-Slayer
10 mechanithralls + 3 Brute thralls
10 Bane Thralls + officer & standard
Machine Wraith
Gorman Di Wulfe
Ogrun Bokur

Yeah actually it works.

Last edited by squee on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:54 am

I just read this thread and i tend to agree with Squee.

You may be able to get the 30 minis easily with warhammer stuff, but warmachine/hordes are lesser on minis.

Having 30 minis on table means you're running around 50 points minimum with around 4 sets of full infantry. Which amounts to ridiculous in a warmachine army if you ask me.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:58 am

This is event is not Warmachine friendly at all, I already knew what it would become, but I can't do much, we have to be fair to everyone and let everyone paint a minimum of 30 models.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 am

Hmm.. not much of a painter guy anyway, I'll have to bow out from this event.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:07 am

Don't worry about it.

Most of the people who are coming for this event are coming for the sake of painting with their buddies. It's a great way to get things done. Haha.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:21 am

adiaze wrote:I just read this thread and i tend to agree with Squee.

You may be able to get the 30 minis easily with warhammer stuff, but warmachine/hordes are lesser on minis.

Having 30 minis on table means you're running around 50 points minimum with around 4 sets of full infantry. Which amounts to ridiculous in a warmachine army if you ask me.

Actually see my examples above; quite doable. But a lack of spraying ares makes priming hard. Priming 30 models by hand is a pain in the arse.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 am

squee wrote:
Actually see my examples above; quite doable. But a lack of spraying ares makes priming hard. Priming 30 models by hand is a pain in the arse.

It's ok. Have a ball doing it.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 am

The reason why there ain't a point limit is because you can paint whatever models you want. You won't see people painting a Baneblade, Giant or a Land Raider, you might see people painting 29 Grots and a Warboss. It's all about what you choose to paint.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Hey i have 29 Grots... and a warboss... Razz

if we can't [aint for 24 hours, and don't have 30 models to paint... can we still come?

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Sure man, you can always drop by to paint for fun. Haha.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by cikiauness Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 pm

T_T wanted to join but really badluck no more car T_T getting my lichlord goreshade 6 bane knights and wintershadow combine XD who wan help me paint hahahaha

cikiauness
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:29 am

I wanna join but duno if can get 30 models done in one day... Huu it has to be something easy like space marines type of colours and very2 flat models. Any suggestions ? Don't think menoth can pull it off hahaha
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:43 am

Skorne infantry?
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:51 am

wtfff lol! Skorne infantry brapa ekor adaaa abang... need 30! spray all red mwahahahahahahaaaa! finiiish!

gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 am

gizmoduck wrote:wtfff lol! Skorne infantry brapa ekor adaaa abang... need 30! spray all red mwahahahahahahaaaa! finiiish!

By march, I'll have 28 unpainted infantry.. wait, plus UA, that would make 31.

Cukup? Razz
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Wahh.. then saya punya miniature nak letak manaaa... I've to paint mine also right heheh.. But the rule states it has to form an army, so you would need a caster, beasts, and the infantry. How many can you spare for lets say a 15 pointer?
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Hordes 15 points is low number, but I suppose for 15 points, i can spare something. assume around 3-5 models. Or more if i buy an infantry unit.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cikiauness Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:28 pm

ooo i cant make it since no car T_T but going to have like a lot of cryx units plus 2 warcaster and 1 of them comes with 1 woman .anyone wants to paint them i can spare XD

cikiauness
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 am

I'd love to get my trolls and some of my remaining Khador painted :3 There's a handful of medium/large bases. If anyone is interested, contact me here or gimme an sms/call. Sadly, I can't divulge a full 24 hours to paint stuff outside the house.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DemoNSquiD Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Actually you can get 30 models painted in one day. Ive done it before during my young days where i can go on without water or food for hours...........in terms of difficulty GW and PP models are not that diff. Unless you are painting 30 Dreadnaughts or 30 Warjacks then no way.............
DemoNSquiD
DemoNSquiD
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next