Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter

+5
adiaze
squee
cikiauness
gizmoduck
Alvin K
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter - Page 2 Empty Re: Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter

Post by gizmoduck Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Honestly though, 30 Khador jacks (jugs and dreads) would not be as difficult as lets say Menoth infantries lolz. Bleeding menofixes and detailed carvings!!!! why!! they're gonna die anywayyyyy
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter - Page 2 Empty Re: Hobby Forge - Iron Forged Painter

Post by DemoNSquiD Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Regardless i don't think i can do it anymore. Those days are gone. Time is not something i have after marriage, plus i can see my paints depleting at lightning speed if i were to paint 30 huge jacks.
DemoNSquiD
DemoNSquiD
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Actually, smaller and more detailed minis are easier to paint.

Bless the ink washes! :3
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:49 pm

I would have to disagree there, Ink washes are great, and that's true but They make things messy and the clean up process is the time consuming part. Avatar's little hair sized etchings took minutes to wash and highlight, but cleaning up the white part took a while man..

I was saying 30 jacks would be easier esp (Khadorian or any single colour armies) as long as you consider not doing fourth or fifth level highlights. I was thinking, keeping it as neat as possible after the metal drybrushing, and no clean ups after wards. Maybe about half an hour - 45 minutes per jack? Need a bigger brush though.

Certainly any experience with air-brushing would help termendously. The warjack carapaces all point outwards. A spray from top would pick them out rather well don't you think? leaving the metal parts underneath the armor black. Hmm.. hmm..
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by funkeemonkee Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:43 am

i'll be at the beach! oh noessss~~~

funkeemonkee
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin K Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Oh my, I forgot about my post here.

The Iron Forged Painter is postponed to the 2nd of April. I was sick since Wednesday, and was afraid that I couldn't recover in time before Saturday, which is why I made the decision to postpone this event another week ahead.

So, hopefully more of you guys can make it too.
Alvin K
Alvin K
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2