Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament

+8
polarloon
thevampiredio
NeonUchuujin
Gliblit
gizmoduck
almond
jasechew
adiaze
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:10 pm

gizmoduck wrote:I don't blame the angry dude actually, when we were playing him he seemed calm and composed. Only against these two guys. Maybe they know each other and that's how they normally play? shout2 throw2 things at each other?

uweekkkkkkk!!! you can't do thaaaaaaaattttt!!!! uweekkkkk uwekkkk :'(( mummyyyyy!!!!!

Drama. Talk about Dallas/Dynasty level stuff here.

I'm actually confused which pair is angry dude. Can you pm me which one in particular is the angry dude?
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolf's Game Shop Doubles Tournament

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:14 pm

I think humility should be kept in check at all times during tournament to avoid the opponent feeling pissed at you. For example, after managing to kill something pretty important to your opponent, don't say

"Wey, come here!!! look at what I did!! wow I killed it! I am so awesome! ha ha! sucks to be you!"

instead it should be:

"Wow that was a lucky roll, man. Might not be able to do it again!"

It makes a hell of a difference to be honest.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Ok. I think this game is between Khador / Scryah vs Cryx / Scryah?

I'm sure the issue crops out a lot between Scryah vs Scryah.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Can't say to be honest. Something might have happened while I was not there. Just saw the game towards the end. No big deal lahh, I think as long as your opponent don't mind what you say, then whaet you see is what you get Very Happy

I, on the other hand, prefer civility! Humility in victory, and graceful in defeat.

I think Malaysians have a looonnnnggg way to go before we can push aside our 'me first' attitude.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Too many bad things happened on that day. I misplayed quite a number of moves, due to inexperience playiing the models. So kudos on my partner in crime for that day for holding the fort.

I'm actually keen on trying this again, it's bran damaging, no doubt, But i think the terrain was ja bit heavier, but doable. scenarios kept in interesting, but everyone was just keen in bushido brawl rather trying to get the objectives.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 pm

true, true. I think perhaps it is due to the size of the force. You look across and think, hmm... I'll never reach the other side in one piece. Might as well play attrition. I think 1 vs 1 would be more fun as you have to really cover the whole board and not just camp on objectives and shoot from far. Melee list like mine suffered immensely.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 pm

gizmo, don't forget discovering vilmon's life-saving shield from the "Rain of Dices"!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Well; glad I wasn't there then... *sweat*

It seems a few of the gen 1 WM w****** from way back when have returned.

mod edit: please watch your language.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Did some reading on mage hunters just in case. The summary of the discussion on PP forum was that, if you see the thing, and there's a house in the middle of the board,

pack your things and go home.

Guess what was in the middle of that terrain Sad me sad panda!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Tekanan wrote:gizmo, don't forget discovering vilmon's life-saving shield from the "Rain of Dices"!

GOT DAMN LARGE TRANSPARENT DICE!!! I CAN'T SEE 'EM COMING!!! SHIELDS UP LADS!!! - Dartan Vilmon

moral of the story... there's an empty space over there in that corner, can you please sir, kindly roll you bouncy sharp dice over there yonder? and stop smashing them against my nicely painted units???
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:10 pm

squee wrote:Well; glad I wasn't there then... *sweat*

It seems a few of the gen 1 WM w****** from way back when have returned.

The downsides to a *cheaper* game that will never expire. Your models can be reused, even if they are 7 years ago. So obviously, most people keep their minis... Smile
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:13 pm

I just realised that Warmahordes is one of those games that would benefit greatly from a dice tower. At least all the dice is collected in a neat area that doesn't bother with the rest of the battlefield. The dice tower can even be part of the terrain!
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:04 pm

almond wrote:I just realised that Warmahordes is one of those games that would benefit greatly from a dice tower. At least all the dice is collected in a neat area that doesn't bother with the rest of the battlefield. The dice tower can even be part of the terrain!

Bosan lah! I want to show people how strong Vilmon's shield is!! Twisted Evil
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:22 am

Eh? Tekanan you packing Vilmon? Starting menoth? Dang... One more army I can't shoot... Sad

For the players that day... I think the best decision is to pulled out early. Else... If angry dude starts acting up... I am sure thing would have turned ugly. Good judgement.

On angry dude I can be certain it is not the more senior elf player, he have always been a nice guy.

I think one of the things that keeps on popping up is the lack of respect. As Squee would always put it, this little tin man thing is a gentlement game. So I say plays like it or not at all.

Gizmo I'm glad you've made a full recovery. I was rather worried about you that day, you looked rather pale.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:45 am

Gizmo, love your sig! Mind if I copy it? Very Happy
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:44 am

almond wrote:Gizmo, love your sig! Mind if I copy it? Very Happy

Almond, I've got the Trollblood sig somewhere in my hdd. Fire up your ym and i'll send the file to you.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:29 am

Hey yo!

Uh... i was trolling PP rules forum and lo and behold Buffeeelllooo! posted something interesting. Apparently the Deathjack was shaking off stationary while having a crippled cortex! and won the game, else, dear Gizmo would have won first!

Link to forum

hahaha... they were focusing on the wrong rules, distruption. But how did this happen? Where is the judge? No one notice?

Dang!

The rules dispute aside, i love how he describe his devastator bulldozing an elf jack in to the water!

Learning point! Know your rules, and always check for system out after damage. Know your crippling effect.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 am

Gliblit wrote:
Where is the judge? No one notice?

They "settled rules on the table", which I believe was the tournament standard. Surprised
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Nope we probably would have gotten third Smile
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Gliblit wrote:Hey yo!

Uh... i was trolling PP rules forum and lo and behold Buffeeelllooo! posted something interesting. Apparently the Deathjack was shaking off stationary while having a crippled cortex! and won the game, else, dear Gizmo would have won first!

Link to forum

hahaha... they were focusing on the wrong rules, distruption. But how did this happen? Where is the judge? No one notice?

Dang!

The rules dispute aside, i love how he describe his devastator bulldozing an elf jack in to the water!

Learning point! Know your rules, and always check for system out after damage. Know your crippling effect.

Well we see new things everyday. Lucky I did not show up that day if not I probably cant stop laughing. Its so funny how the tournament organized and how it turns up, its just so much drama like a comedy movie.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:17 am

unless both were to draw... hmm..hm..
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Hmmmm.... Then buffalo get first?! !!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:39 pm

dun know.. i didn't check the result Very Happy
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4