Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

+7
almond
paintminion
Tekanan
Wayfarer
squee
jasechew
gizmoduck
11 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 7 Empty Re: [Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Tekanan wrote:
jasechew wrote:Well I guess I can find random girl sit there register her name then I play as both players.

Ask [Ghost]. Twisted Evil

Are u suggesting I dress up [Ghost] and bring him as my partner to the tournament = I will get a ghostly girl partner?
The answer is No. He is nowhere near girly no matter how I dress him up dude.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 7 Empty Re: [Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

Post by gizmoduck Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:16 am

Now i have an image in my head.. Need to shake off! Btw, just now i tsted the tier 4 list against a legion 35 pts and it seemed ok. 4 jacks ftw Smile well its 3 heavies plus walking church. 3 foc on crusaders and templar each, avatar rolled 4 focus... Killed one, menoth gazed everyone, and caster kill next turn. Templar flameguard suicide mission:) vilmon tried to flank but didnt do anything in d end
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:54 am

jasechew wrote:
Tekanan wrote:
jasechew wrote:Well I guess I can find random girl sit there register her name then I play as both players.

Ask [Ghost]. Twisted Evil

Are u suggesting I dress up [Ghost] and bring him as my partner to the tournament = I will get a ghostly girl partner?
The answer is No. He is nowhere near girly no matter how I dress him up dude.

This is........ just wrong... Ghost is not even girly figure... what the heck Tekanan, what the heck.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:36 am

ewww... collateral damage on Ghost... now for ever we will have the image of Ghost in a dress sitting quietly beside Jesse, while Jesse plays his game. Just like in those gambler shows. Guy sits and play, girl blow on dice... and be pretty. Good job Tekanan!

Ghost go get a red dress!

Now i am tempted to mod Ghost in to a female caster and use as a Merc advert leaflet. Muahahahahaha!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:16 am

Gliblit wrote:ewww... collateral damage on Ghost... now for ever we will have the image of Ghost in a dress sitting quietly beside Jesse, while Jesse plays his game. Just like in those gambler shows. Guy sits and play, girl blow on dice... and be pretty. Good job Tekanan!

Ghost go get a red dress!

Now i am tempted to mod Ghost in to a female caster and use as a Merc advert leaflet. Muahahahahaha!

Hahaha U reminded me Stephen Chow Movie his "Pretty Girl" always like that one ....

Btw "ghostly girl in Chinese means Mat salleh girl (foreign girl)"
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:22 am

Very Happy this is too funny.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:32 am

Gliblit wrote:

Oh. My. God.

Do it. Razz
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:45 am

when i get some free time i will...

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:22 pm

adiaze wrote:Ghost is not even girly figure... what the heck Tekanan, what the heck.

I thought his hairstyle could pass it off... Laughing
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Ghost's hair style is girly?! OMG!!! where or when in time have you ever seen his hair style as feminine? I mean which era of fashion have we seen women wearing hair like his....

I mean that famous wai mun... maybe la... muahahahaha... but Ghost... His hair is as man as a man can get

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:48 pm

yoyoyoyoyoooooo check it outtt!

Just wanna post my Harbinger TIER 4 List Very Happy

Harbinger -5
Crusader 5
Crusader 5
Templar 7

Dartan Vilmon 3
Paladin 2
Paladin 2

Temple Flameguards 4
Choir 2
------------------------------------------------

A great list for a flat battlefield caster kill scenario. Horrible at maneuvering obstacles and terrain.

Strategy:

Temple flameguards run up first turn and hope not to get shot at. Martyr secukup rasa.

Just run the jacks up pursued by the choirs and to guard flanks (if necessary) a paladin on each flank. Vilmon up the center behind the heavies. Harbinger lepak at the back but must keep moving to get the benefit of the feat.

Jangan malu2 pop feat. Its mostly useless but can give some of your jacks that extra protection from charges by weapon master units. You can also choose to run back at this point Very Happy

...blerghh this list is boring... Duwan play anymore lehh.. I prefer my suicidal Harbinger list. Now that I have devout, I will do that Very Happy Harbinger go for caster kill everytime! DO OR DIE!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:39 am

gizmoduck wrote:yoyoyoyoyoooooo check it outtt!

Just wanna post my Harbinger TIER 4 List Very Happy

Harbinger -5
Crusader 5
Crusader 5
Templar 7

Dartan Vilmon 3
Paladin 2
Paladin 2

Temple Flameguards 4
Choir 2
------------------------------------------------

A great list for a flat battlefield caster kill scenario. Horrible at maneuvering obstacles and terrain.

Strategy:

Temple flameguards run up first turn and hope not to get shot at. Martyr secukup rasa.

Just run the jacks up pursued by the choirs and to guard flanks (if necessary) a paladin on each flank. Vilmon up the center behind the heavies. Harbinger lepak at the back but must keep moving to get the benefit of the feat.

Jangan malu2 pop feat. Its mostly useless but can give some of your jacks that extra protection from charges by weapon master units. You can also choose to run back at this point Very Happy

...blerghh this list is boring... Duwan play anymore lehh.. I prefer my suicidal Harbinger list. Now that I have devout, I will do that Very Happy Harbinger go for caster kill everytime! DO OR DIE!

4 Heavy jack and 3 power solos + singing choir boys & canon folder . looks very scary list to me
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:45 pm

@Jasechew - that was the plan but playing against 70 points is not easy. I would sacrifice the TFG for another choir, and upgrade a crusader to another 8pt (7pt with tier) jack like templar or castigator.

What are your thoughts of the guardian? he is 10 points though, but arcnode, large base, and melee only weapons make him suitable for Harbie's tier 4 list. Can block LOS better than devout and extend her short range support spells (fear of god, guided hand) by about 4-5 inches.

I am thinking of doing a 25pt list around Vilmon and his paladins, exemplars, DOF and some light warjacks..with eKreoss.. hi hi hi hi... don't have the model though.

gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:50 pm

gizmoduck wrote:@Jasechew - that was the plan but playing against 70 points is not easy. I would sacrifice the TFG for another choir, and upgrade a crusader to another 8pt (7pt with tier) jack like templar or castigator.

What are your thoughts of the guardian? he is 10 points though, but arcnode, large base, and melee only weapons make him suitable for Harbie's tier 4 list. Can block LOS better than devout and extend her short range support spells (fear of god, guided hand) by about 4-5 inches.

I am thinking of doing a 25pt list around Vilmon and his paladins, exemplars, DOF and some light warjacks..with eKreoss.. hi hi hi hi... don't have the model though.

Well I think guardian is a decent jack but for 10pts its abit pricey ..... Well u do have a point in the arc node and LOS . If it was me I will go for it after all its a nice model anyway.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:21 pm

ops sorry point cost is 9 (8 with tier 4). +1 to a Templar.. hmm.. not too bad I think. Still two pretty decent melee attacks (more powerful due to open fist POW14 to shield POW12) less 2 armor but 2 more damage boxes (defensively having +2 arm is better imo - average 4 attacks = -Cool

Anyway, forget Harbie for now Very Happy its Kreoss's time! I have all these models except eKreoss, ada sapa2 nak jual?

Grand Exemplar Kreoss (-6)
Revenger6
Crusader6
Daughters of the Flame (Leader and 5 Grunts)5
Knights Exemplar (Leader and 5 Grunts)5
Exemplar Errants Seneschal2
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon3
Paladin of the Order of the Wall2
Vassal of Menoth2

I'm gearing purely for feat turn. Auto hits +1 attack mean:

DOF 18 damage (precision strike) acrobatic means can jump over stuff and target something valuable

Vilmon 8dice (charging) POW15
Paladin 7dice (charging) POW14
KE 2 Weapon Master attacks (POW 14 ish)
EES (couldn't decide between another paladin or him) - just a cheaper range guy with AD - Maybe replace with Choir

I don't think this list will work against shooty though Very Happy

Question: For Vilmon and the paladins, if I forfeit their normal attack but use the extra attack can I still use Impervious wall? I don't think so though but just asking.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Oh 9pts then its not that bad...

Well E kreoss seems like a good deal,
so far I have not seen a proper build for him yet the few E kreoss I fought b4 on the past it kinda lack of synergy.

Hopefully I u can make it work bro,
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:12 pm

I think the most important thing is to make sure that the infantry charge first on feat turn, and decimate as many things as possible. I'm thinking like, hordes warbeasts killing, or wrecking jacks. Each of the infantry can charge about 8-9 inches with no reach, that could be a problem. eKreoss has some pretty useful spells though:

castigate - no arcnode in my ctrl area
inviolable resolve - +2 ARM fearless
Sacrosanct - you hit me, you KD (woots)

If I'm playing against shooty jacks, I was thinking castigate and sacrosanct on KE as they advance, to protect them from AOEs and snipers. Once the jack kill something, it'll be KD. They'd have Aegis too (no cont. effect) so hopefully at least 2/3 will survive for the feat charge. Sprays would be bad though as I no longer can martyr Very Happy have to use formation lorr..

x x x

x x x

Or, If against shooty units, Crusader can tarpit with the two spells ARM21 and 'KD if you hit me' while the others sembunyi behind him.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:59 pm

gizmoduck wrote:I think the most important thing is to make sure that the infantry charge first on feat turn, and decimate as many things as possible. I'm thinking like, hordes warbeasts killing, or wrecking jacks. Each of the infantry can charge about 8-9 inches with no reach, that could be a problem. eKreoss has some pretty useful spells though:

castigate - no arcnode in my ctrl area
inviolable resolve - +2 ARM fearless
Sacrosanct - you hit me, you KD (woots)

If I'm playing against shooty jacks, I was thinking castigate and sacrosanct on KE as they advance, to protect them from AOEs and snipers. Once the jack kill something, it'll be KD. They'd have Aegis too (no cont. effect) so hopefully at least 2/3 will survive for the feat charge. Sprays would be bad though as I no longer can martyr Very Happy have to use formation lorr..

x x x

x x x

Or, If against shooty units, Crusader can tarpit with the two spells ARM21 and 'KD if you hit me' while the others sembunyi behind him.

Good plan ,
But Sacrosanct from what I know its only KD if they destroy the model, or did they change that too?
Normally its use on troops to block charge lane if got trampled and killed then good times .
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Ya, must kill to KD. Ok lah, one life Knight exemplars, need 2-3 of them to die anyway. Hope fully the KD will prevent a second shot or scare people from shooting them. Must announce awal2 and very loudly after that laugh cekak pinggang to intimidate opponent. Very Happy AHAHAHA AHAHA Laughing It's focus 2 and upkeep so why not Smile

But I think the best part is when they are in melee with a jack hehe.. First attack, boost to hit, hit, P+S 18 you die. KD...no second attack.. Hard to decimate the whole unit unless its tresher or cannot be KD.

I'm thinking of getting covenant also, make them have fire attacks. I hear full unit Exemplar errant with UA and seneschal (12 pts.) is pretty badass too. Average 2 attacks (quick work = shoot after kill) weapon master, pathfinder, ignore cover/forest for LOS and cannot be targeted by spells. HANDY!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:48 pm

gizmoduck wrote:Ya, must kill to KD. Ok lah, one life Knight exemplars, need 2-3 of them to die anyway. Hope fully the KD will prevent a second shot or scare people from shooting them. Must announce awal2 and very loudly after that laugh cekak pinggang to intimidate opponent. Very Happy AHAHAHA AHAHA Laughing It's focus 2 and upkeep so why not Smile

But I think the best part is when they are in melee with a jack hehe.. First attack, boost to hit, hit, P+S 18 you die. KD...no second attack.. Hard to decimate the whole unit unless its tresher or cannot be KD.

I'm thinking of getting covenant also, make them have fire attacks. I hear full unit Exemplar errant with UA and seneschal (12 pts.) is pretty badass too. Average 2 attacks (quick work = shoot after kill) weapon master, pathfinder, ignore cover/forest for LOS and cannot be targeted by spells. HANDY!

Yup that's exactly what I have in mind hahaha
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:56 pm

WTfrekles!!! I shoot you I KD?!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Sorry, not familiar with menoth, which unit/model gives the ability to KD if hit?
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Nevermind, found it. Basically Epic Kreoss casting Sacrosanct.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:33 pm

gizmoduck wrote:I'm thinking of getting covenant also, make them have fire attacks. I hear full unit Exemplar errant with UA and seneschal (12 pts.) is pretty badass too. Average 2 attacks (quick work = shoot after kill) weapon master, pathfinder, ignore cover/forest for LOS and cannot be targeted by spells. HANDY!

Hmm... if the opponent is using Beast 09 and he uses Thresher, (it's a simultaneous attack right?) this would mean he rolls for all the attack and damage at the same time. kills as many as possible, then he gets knocked down. Is that right?
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:50 am

Yep that's correct Smile That's why we have the Knights Exemplar in a Christmas Tree formation Very Happy If all 6 are still alive. Charge 3 first, die, Beast is KD. Second wave, charge with feat, hopefully kills. That would be a total of 3 X 7D6 POW14... I think quite painful. Even the first charge with 4D6 POW11 should be able to take something out. Hopefully his swinging arm.

The problem right now is that I feel like Using the KE as tarpit is a bit of a waste of resources. They will probably get shot at pretty early and I don't have martyr anymore. A full gun unit can probably take out all of them in one turn! hmm..hmm.. Any suggestions? Maybe replace the revenger with another crusader? or templar? (-1 paladin) to create a wall that the knights can scour behind? I dunno.. Tricky this..
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next