Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

+7
almond
paintminion
Tekanan
Wayfarer
squee
jasechew
gizmoduck
11 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 4 Empty Re: [Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

Post by adiaze Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Woah. Exhibition feature match!! Excellent! Can we watch?
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 4 Empty Re: [Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

Post by Gliblit Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:24 pm

I propose to show your strength,

Since Wayfarer is POM player, Jasse should bring his army plus a POM army.

And Jasse plays many things (merc, cryx, khador) but since the thing starts with Cryx. Wayfarer to bring a Cryx army too.

So, match 1, Wayfarer's choice versus Jesse choice

Match 2, Wayfarer's Cryx versus Jesse's Menoth

Yrarghghhhhhh!!!!

May the best man win. And don't go one corner and play it out. OPEN EXHIBITION! We all want to learn from the best!

Are you ready to rumble!!!!!!!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Too excited double posted

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm

@jasechew: It's true, I've not played my PoM in a very long time. It seems like every time I play, I reach for my CO (Circle Orboros). I just love playing CO - even when I lose. Smile

As for the 1st turn loss - that's just my inexperience playing against Caine and not knowing what he can do. That was my 1st time playing against him - not going to make the same mistake again. Surely you're not proud of such an easy victory against a (then) newbie, Boss Man?

@Gliblit: Wha? Avatar has high DEF? 10 is pretty low, isn't it? Like Khador jack. OK, the shield gives it ARM21 but walking away when hit requires an easily killed solo. #shrug#

As for the best, just watch jasechew play. I'm very bad at this game. I've not won any games for a long while... Rolling Eyes
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:46 pm

How come this thread has turned out this way? lol!

Knights + Exemplar seneschal or an 8pt jack?
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 pm

hehe, sorry gizmoduck. Well, it depends. For the same points, a Vanquisher can do lots of damage, melee with Thresher (too bad no reach) or the Fire Belcher's AOE. However, the knights and seneschal can benefit from Harbie's spells and abilities plus you already have 2 heavies. Because of the choice of Warcaster, I'd go for the knights. She's a troop-friendly caster, after all. That's imho, of course.

Do you not want any choirs? Just curious. Not everyone will want them but usually there's a reason. eg. You hate the sculpts or you don't want to babysit civvies on the battlefield. Smile
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 pm

gizmoduck wrote:How come this thread has turned out this way? lol!

Gotta side on gizmo here. Stay OT guys!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:05 am

gizmoduck wrote:How come this thread has turned out this way? lol!

Good question I was bout to ask the same thing.
How come this thread has turned out this way? lol!

However sorry bout it bro.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:57 am

no problemo guys.. its good to be sidetracked once in a while Very Happy even a board meeting gets sidetracked all the time lol...

Yeah, vanquisher is primary for shooting imo, with one melee attack, its not worth getting him into combat unless necessary, so i use him near the caster or on the flank where the sneaky guys with guns normally hang out heheh. POW 19 aoe 4" is meaaannn...

I suppose at the moment, harbie and ekreoss would be the best warcaster for the knights? extra attack ftw? martyrdom ftw?

One more query: I have not been having the best time with the walking church. Any suggestions? I suppose one reason is because once I take him, he becomes the focus of the enemy attack and often dies first lol. then after that, no more offensive units...
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:38 pm

There's just something about the Avatar that somehow attracts the shells and bullets... Evil or Very Mad

He already can't be targeted by spells, so the other thing you can do is have a Choir sing Passage on him (cannot be targeted by non-magical ranged attack). Err... then have a Vigilant nearby (B2B) to protect the Choir... yeah, this is the thing about the choir. They die to a stiff breeze.

You could also try a Tier4 Harbie list - then spam 5pt Crusaders! Say, 4? Razz
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:42 pm

I did try this 15 pointer which is insanely awesome on vassal!

pKreoss -5
mechanic 1
2X crusaders 12
Knights exemplars 5
choir of menoth 2

15 points!!!! wahahahahaha!!! *dies
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:04 pm

gizmoduck wrote:I did try this 15 pointer which is insanely awesome on vassal!

pKreoss -5
mechanic 1
2X crusaders 12
Knights exemplars 5
choir of menoth 2

15 points!!!! wahahahahaha!!! *dies

I was the victim and I died horribly Sad .

I_am_nub!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:27 am

because you were playing something that you are not familiar with maa... Kalau itu ice queen sure different story lol..

But Knight exemplars are pretty insane man.. I just read an article where the seneschal can actually end up being an arm 27 PS 23 after all the exemplars are dead. And that is not counting any other troopers that died on the field around him. By the time everybody is dead, there will be one seneschal going around the table shouting

" IS THERE NO ONE ELSE????!!!!!" Brad pitt style lolz.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:45 am

Is there no one else?!!!!!!

Hmmm...." Arm 27?! Who says chador have heavy armour. Strong la. I'm itching for a rematch with you.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:12 am

heheh, even if the unit is tough, if the player is noob like me no use lorrr... Very Happy

with harbie's martyrdom that seneschal will be insane... he will just not die.. ever.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 am

A model can still be thrown out of the table Wink
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:36 am

Very Happy oooh there's a thought. thanks fer that. I thought WM has an invisible wall around the table? hehe
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:44 am

Honestly, I don't know about that. Technically you CAN throw a model off the table but I'm not sure about the ruling on what happens when you do that ^.^;;;
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:50 am

Last Friday I asked Alif and he told me that it would be akin as having thrown a model against a wall, or something like that. need confirmation from otais.
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:09 am

gizmoduck wrote:heheh, even if the unit is tough, if the player is noob like me no use lorrr... Very Happy

with harbie's martyrdom that seneschal will be insane... he will just not die.. ever.

No such thing la technically Gizmoduck is best PoM player in Malaysia .
Its just hard to kill her troops...
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:53 am

Found it: Page 65. If a model is moved or placed beyond the table edge, place the model on the table edge without suffering any extra damage for stopping there.

Oh well. At least a knocked down Seneschal doesn't have shake rules :3
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Almond FTW rule book rules! Just when I was thinking... NO WAY! invisible wall that does damage?! That can't be right.

Thanks man!

Best menoth player!
Nick best Khador player (because he beat Jesse in tourney)
Still waiting for best Cryx player to emerge.
Best Cygnar? Where be them blue pansies.

Jesse? Best iron kingdom player? Ha ha... Play too many faction becomes a new classification.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 pm

wtf how come i am suddenly best POM playerrrr!!! why is this pressure put forth upon meee!!! I want to remain a noob foreverrrr
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Well u the only regular PoM player ma Laughing
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by paintminion Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Wayfarer wrote:

Do you not want any choirs? eg. You hate the sculpts or you don't want to babysit civvies on the battlefield. Smile

Oi!! choirboys are bad ass aight. mine managed to kill some Cygnaran Sword knights on the charge! Fancy that. Twisted Evil

paintminion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next