Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

+7
almond
paintminion
Tekanan
Wayfarer
squee
jasechew
gizmoduck
11 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 2 Empty Re: [Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

Post by paintminion Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 pm

erm technically u can't have two Vilmon's. There is only one Vilmon and his name is Dartan. Field two in a contest/competition and you'll hear me asking for the Judga! lol

Vilmon is a solo so only one yeah.

paintminion
Leader

Back to top Go down

[Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army - Page 2 Empty Re: [Menoth] Gizmoduck's Menoth army

Post by gizmoduck Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:45 pm

I would love to include choir though but working with 3 heavies and 1 avatar (all compulsory for tier 4,) I think for Tier 4 you would at least need 2/3 units of choirs to support all of them. Have to remember PoM jacks aren't good enough on their own. Need the buffs and protection. Maybe remove the Flameguards and replace with two choirs?

Harbinger of Menoth 5
Crusader 5
Crusader 5
Guardian 8
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) 2
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) 2
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon 3
Paladin of the Order of the Wall 2
Paladin of the Order of the Wall 2
Vassal Mechanik 1
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:15 pm

paintminion wrote:erm technically u can't have two Vilmon's. There is only one Vilmon and his name is Dartan. Field two in a contest/competition and you'll hear me asking for the Judga! lol

Vilmon is a solo so only one yeah.

Oh yes its a character not FA,
Well its seems I still need more work on my PoM army
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:04 am

@gizmoduck: That looks like a pretty solid 35pt list, dude. Run with it!

Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:21 am

Eh gizmo, wanna have a matchup this sat using a 25pter?
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:30 am

Aaa... Saturday kenot la Alif, I have open houses to attend. I will be at HF on Friday night if you are interested? 25 pts? hmm.. iz interesting... Need to calculate that one..
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Hmm lets make it on sunday then! At happy forge too!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:54 am

Well Sunday I should be free wat time?
2molo wanna drop by WGS? I need 2 pick up some stuff leh...
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Hows this list?

Harbinger of Menoth -5
Repenter 4
Crusader 6
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios 3
Vassal of Menoth 2
Temple Flameguard (Leader and 5) 4
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Ohh a jack list but i don't think is a good idea ,
Cox u only use the most is 6 focus to power 2 jacks i would suggest solo build with exemplar the best...at the end Harbinger is a infantry caster there is no support spells for jacks
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Also, instead of the Vassal, a min Choir would be more useful, imo. But that's just my opinion, of course.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Since I don't have other units besides the temple flame guard and deliverers

Harbinger of Menoth -5
Crusader 6

Deliverers 4 (subbed out repenter)
Temple Flameguard (Leader and 5) 4

Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios 3
Vassal of Menoth 2
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:57 pm

This 1 looks good
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:58 am

Dudes, another episode of "I bought something but have no idea how to use it" Very Happy

This time its exeplar errant senechal... lol wgs didn't have kinght senechal.. Very Happy but he has flags and a crossbow! had to buy it of course!

Since this friday is a mini event, which caster should i go for? Apek, kreoss or harbie? I'm starting to think that both Apek and harbie can't kill anything Very Happy lol but it might be because I iz noob.

oh btw, I asked some people at WGS regarding harbie and arc node, apparently the cataclysm spell through arcnode would be counted from arcnode and not harbie because arcnode is the source of the spell....rule didn't say harbinger but 'this model'. Can I get some clarification from forumers as well? If this is indeed true, I don't need to go on my harbie suicide bomber assasination run lol (and leaves butcher with two lives...) Guess who is my auto include from now on Very Happy
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:03 am

gizmoduck wrote:Dudes, another episode of "I bought something but have no idea how to use it" Very Happy
Haha I do that too. Too often I buy something that looks awesome and then left stuck on how to use it. But if the model looks cool enough for me to want to paint it, then it's worth it Smile

And yeah, it's counted from the arc node, as far as I know.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 am

So that means my harbie can cast cataclysm 20" away every turn Smile burrrnnn heretics auto hit bitchaaas!
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Even if the Cataclysm spell is channel through an arc node, the damage is still based on the range of the target from the Harbinger.
Source: Forces of Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth (page 48)

Got it from the net.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:47 pm

So the casting of Cataclysm or any spells through arc node doesn't extend the range, but just allows the caster to avoid risk of going head to head in battle. So in essence, the arc node is not really that far from the caster.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:00 pm

now i is sad...
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Then in that sense it would defeat the purpose of having an arcnode in the first place for cataclysm because essentially medium based revenger and blessing won't block los to the harbie anyway for shooties, right?

ok back to suicide runs i suppose Very Happy How the hell pow 20 with boost TWICE don't kill butcher??? how? how??? lolx..

Ok then, which one is better, repeatedly attacking with her auto hit pow12 (6 boosted attacks) sword

bear in mind I am a crappy roller of the dice..
or 2 x cataclysms boosted (pow20) plus one charged attack pow12 (auto boosted)
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Dudes, another question - for Harbie's crusader's call, does the Dervish get +2 movement for sidested also?

assuming it charges, hits, sidestep 4" hit again, etc etc
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:02 pm

2x if it's power 20 plus 3d6!! You are talking about average 2x 30 damage. Even if butcher camps he is getting 12 damage.

While a boosted 12 + 3d6 = average 22 damage, can't even hurt a camping butcher.

However if the caster have low arm or is not camping... Boom!!!!! Flurry of attacks and die.

The trick is choosing the right amo, pray hard before you roll. The real challenge is bringing harbie in range to kill. Have you tried thinning out units slowly? Harbie is flexible, can be defensive till the time comes to strike.

I always keep a play book, in my head that is and try out drastically different maneuvers. Play more learn more. And I love watching Master Tatica Jason play, he da playa!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Played a buddy of mine last Sunday at WGS, and used apek against butcher. Trying to figure out how to kill stuff with Severus lol... and the answer for me is... Blessing of Vengeance! +2 to spell power +1 EoM is no joke... That makes his immolation spell POW15 with a ridiculous range.

Ashes to ashes now becomes pow13 with possibility of hitting d6+1 models...

Must buy blessing... he looks like a bird though..
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:41 pm

gizmoduck wrote:Played a buddy of mine last Sunday at WGS, and used apek against butcher. Trying to figure out how to kill stuff with Severus lol... and the answer for me is... Blessing of Vengeance! +2 to spell power +1 EoM is no joke... That makes his immolation spell POW15 with a ridiculous range.

Ashes to ashes now becomes pow13 with possibility of hitting d6+1 models...

Must buy blessing... he looks like a bird though..

Ah Pek rox ,
blessing of vengeance is good but cost too much in RM ...
If I remember correctly its affinity only once when Pek channels but I like it repel ability
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Yeah thats true but once a turn is pretty good though rite? Very Happy Ya, he is quite expensive compared to other light jacks.. I think about 15 pounds
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next