Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players Introduction

+31
evilmerlin
ravenscream
jospoon
funkeemonkee
Dodge
LordToruk
cikiauness
camlok
Zhuala
P666P
Gliblit
mir24
TheLostSheep
almond
adiaze
RAMONE
gizmoduck
Antu
saleem
thevampiredio
davidlian
paintminion
Kaede86
JINTANA
NeonUchuujin
squee
arzmi
Alvin K
Wayfarer
Tekanan
jasechew
35 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Players Introduction - Page 5 Empty Re: Players Introduction

Post by squee Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:43 pm

mir24 wrote:Frankly speaking, I haven't even bought anything yet but I feel like I want to buy everything! All the miniatures look good enough to eat!! Hahah! Maybe it's the steampunk-magic setting...

Which reminds me, I originally visited the PP site looking for alternative miniatures for Necromunda but got drawn in by the story and setting!

Damn damn damn! I feel another addiction kicking in! Must... Resist!!!

I think I spent about... 1K and I've got about 100pts (which i can use units between 3 diff 25 point builds), so not so bad.

Maybe a bit less since one jack was a tourney prize and anuvver was a birthday prezzie.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

http://www.binkibonsai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:44 pm

adiaze wrote:In my opinion, rather than telling them exactly what sort of caster / units / warjacksbeast that you can field, it's better to approach them from the story side. Usually storyside makes a better understanding to the overall 'theme' of a faction. Like many games before this, eventually all factions will have access to the most of the functions anyway.

It's about story. Are you good guys with nice blue trenchcoat army? Fanatical Religionist? So called russian? Evil corrupted psycho cyborg? That's the best way to capture the newbie.

Funnily enough i learned from experience a lot of newbies don't really read the fluff much, which is a shame, cos WM/H has awesome fluff and very personable characters. I don't play Butcher just for his abilities; I like the way they characterized him with his sanity slowly chipping away...

*cackles*
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:52 pm

adiaze wrote:
mir24 wrote:Frankly speaking, I haven't even bought anything yet but I feel like I want to buy everything! All the miniatures look good enough to eat!! Hahah! Maybe it's the steampunk-magic setting...

Yes. You mentioned Battlechasers and yes, i recall reading that comic eons ago and it kinda fits a bit of the setting. Go with Cygnar if you're traditional good guys. They look good in all blue, but most cranes are like that....

Buy eveything if you're financially capable. Razz I would if i could, but i shouldn't so i didn't.

The Golem from Battlechasers? I remember that comic; big git's called Calibretto (I think) and Cygnar's jacks actually look kinda like him.
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:22 pm

P666P wrote: ... Epic Toyz Melaka soon and you guys can find the time to make it down here. Very Happy looking forward to rolling some dice with everyone.

I'm guessing this is Epic Toyz:

Epic Toyz Enterprise,
G-1, Bukit Beruang Bazaar,
660, Jalan Delima 2,
Bukit Beruang, 75450 Melaka.

QJ Wong @ 0173479512 or epictoyz@gmail.com

Google Maps Link: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101386583745403044669.00047ea109af00b9e044d&ll=2.255991,102.26512&spn=0.055918,0.066175&z=14

It seems to be near MMU Melaka and there's even a masjid nearby. Pretty convenient for Muslims if we go there.

Great going starting WM/H in Melaka, P666P!
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Epic Toyz.. not subtle at all. Very Happy

I think my interest in Menoth started because of the models, colour scheme and the overall fanaticsm theme that surrounds it. Then I got into the fluff and read most of the other factions' in the MKII book. (sneak reading while invigilating exams is FTW)

But I agree that less is more, and in attracting a new player (let's not call them newbie or noob - it's rather demeaning lol) its better if we don't saturate them with too much information. Pening kepala wehh.. I also think that because in the ned this is still a game, new players would also be interested in knowing which unit/army is the most palyable/powerful/broken etc..

After all that, start the poison drip Very Happy and get them to buy phail stuff because of the fluff hehe
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:57 pm

New player too long I would put NP from now on hahaha.
Yup but the things is as most of know every faction got broken stuff. Its just u know 2use it anot only
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmoduck Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:59 pm

yeshhh hehe so how to use daughters lol?
gizmoduck
gizmoduck
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:06 pm

gizmoduck wrote:yeshhh hehe so how to use daughters lol?

In a non-fanatical sort of way? Razz
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Wayfarer wrote:
Epic Toyz Enterprise,
G-1, Bukit Beruang Bazaar,
660, Jalan Delima 2,
Bukit Beruang, 75450 Melaka.

WTH! Nick and other fellow khadorans! WE KHADORANS NEED TO GO THERE ASAP! cheers
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:22 pm

I can only say, come! Play!

Kaotim. I could not care about fluff much. For me it's the prettiness of the fig first then, the abilities

Ie. I WILL NOT field semi naked man.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mir24 Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 am

squee wrote:
adiaze wrote:In my opinion, rather than telling them exactly what sort of caster / units / warjacksbeast that you can field, it's better to approach them from the story side. Usually storyside makes a better understanding to the overall 'theme' of a faction. Like many games before this, eventually all factions will have access to the most of the functions anyway.

It's about story. Are you good guys with nice blue trenchcoat army? Fanatical Religionist? So called russian? Evil corrupted psycho cyborg? That's the best way to capture the newbie.

Funnily enough i learned from experience a lot of newbies don't really read the fluff much, which is a shame, cos WM/H has awesome fluff and very personable characters. I don't play Butcher just for his abilities; I like the way they characterized him with his sanity slowly chipping away...

*cackles*

Here, I beg to differ! Hehe. Personally, my attraction to any game has always been 'the fluff'. If a game has a brilliant storyline and background, it's enough to pull me in and make up for other flaws. As I said before, it is the combination of 'traditional' sword and magic fantasy with a liberal dose of technology added in, that attracted me to the armies. The smashing miniature in the PP gallery helped as well! Wink

If anyone here has played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura; and read Battlechasers and Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind; they'll get where I'm coming from... Smile

On another note, thanks again to everyone for the helpful hints and advice. I'm definitely set on Cygnar and Mercs so maybe I'll field a Cygnar army with Mercs attached. Both the new Trencher Commandoes and Steelheads look too good to pass up. LOL!

From my experience in Necromunda, W40K and boardgames, I simply *know* that if I start this hobby, I'm going to end up buying a LOT of stuff. Thankfully, I still have quite a few paints and bits leftover from those days so I'll see if I can use those first.

I'll be dropping by Wolf's this weekend - most likely Sunday when I can find some free time!

mir24
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:42 am

mir24 wrote:
Here, I beg to differ! Hehe. Personally, my attraction to any game has always been 'the fluff'. If a game has a brilliant storyline and background, it's enough to pull me in and make up for other flaws. As I said before, it is the combination of 'traditional' sword and magic fantasy with a liberal dose of technology added in, that attracted me to the armies. The smashing miniature in the PP gallery helped as well! Wink

If anyone here has played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura; and read Battlechasers and Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind; they'll get where I'm coming from... Smile

I know exactly where you're coming from, having the same materials. To me, the fluff is important in the playing a game. If there's not interest in the backstory of a game, might as well play other board games or even mtg, if all that is enticing is purely mechanics and looks.

But that's me, I'm sure many others have different reasons why they start a particular game, but for me, it's the fluff.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:14 am

Mir! Let's meet up this week.

I'm all about pretty figs. That being said, if the story is not good you can't create pretty figs.

Ie. Malifaux and anima tactics. They have got some pretty figs. But without a good solid back story... Some how the figs does not gel.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:28 am

Gliblit wrote:Mir! Let's meet up this week.

I'm all about pretty figs. That being said, if the story is not good you can't create pretty figs.

Ie. Malifaux and anima tactics. They have got some pretty figs. But without a good solid back story... Some how the figs does not gel.

Haha come come I show u pretty figs ,
Btw Gliblit "its" in but I think I need her repainted .
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhuala Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Greetings and Salutations,

Allow to introduce myself. My name is Hafizhu and I'm a new player in the world of Warmachine. Warmachine has reinvigorated my interest in miniature painting and collecting. I'm always fascinated with steampunk when I read books by Jules Verne and H.g Wells when I was a kid. Right now I only have the Cynar starter as they're considered the 'good guys' in the world of iron kingdoms and goggles are a plus in my book. So far I only played a couple of games at Epic Toys and it will be great if you guys can come down to Melaka and slug it out here as it will create the buzz for tabletop gaming in general.

Hope to see you guys soon.
Zhuala
Zhuala
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Zhuala wrote:Greetings and Salutations,

Allow to introduce myself. My name is Hafizhu and I'm a new player in the world of Warmachine. Warmachine has reinvigorated my interest in miniature painting and collecting. I'm always fascinated with steampunk when I read books by Jules Verne and H.g Wells when I was a kid. Right now I only have the Cynar starter as they're considered the 'good guys' in the world of iron kingdoms and goggles are a plus in my book. So far I only played a couple of games at Epic Toys and it will be great if you guys can come down to Melaka and slug it out here as it will create the buzz for tabletop gaming in general.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Hi Zhuala,
Nice meeting you well I probably will drop by somewhere next year after our WM/H Summer League 2011 as I have my hand tied down on work and local gaming activities at the moment
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 pm

When do you guys in Melaka play? Any landmarks there? I randomly go to Melaka sometimes so maybe I can swing by. Razz
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:40 pm

welcome!!!!! people from melaka! hmm... maybe we should plan a trip down. After we get our bonus, i think can even stay over one night, and eat some yummy melaka chendol with REAL gula melaka!!!

yearh!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:52 pm

I just came back from Melaka!

Epic Toyz is epic. Good amount of space. Smile
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhuala Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:02 pm

NeonUchuujin wrote:I just came back from Melaka!

Epic Toyz is epic. Good amount of space. Smile

Really? wish i could meet you in person but its exam week Crying or Very sad
Zhuala
Zhuala
Standard Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:10 am

P666p is cool.

Heard you got a khador battle group from the place, neo! Cool... But what are you planing to do with it?

More melaka players? Welcome!

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by squee Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:33 am

Mmm... chicken rice balls...
'Allo Zhuala! Welcome tae Warmachine Malaysia!
squee
squee
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonUchuujin Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:16 am

What I'm planning to do with it? Magnetize and use it la! Abuthen? Razz

Yeah, went there solely for chicken rice balls~!
NeonUchuujin
NeonUchuujin
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by mir24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 am

Went to Wolf's shop yesterday. Must say I am impressed - the last time I visited the shop, it was still in Amcorp! Now it's much bigger and they've expanded the range of miniatures and products.

Also saw some really cool Cygnar amd Merc miniatures there. Was tempted to buy the Cyg and Merc books but figured I'll wait for the Prime MkII rulebook (coming in a week's time). Smile

mir24
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:19 am

mir24 wrote:Went to Wolf's shop yesterday. Must say I am impressed - the last time I visited the shop, it was still in Amcorp! Now it's much bigger and they've expanded the range of miniatures and products.

Also saw some really cool Cygnar amd Merc miniatures there. Was tempted to buy the Cyg and Merc books but figured I'll wait for the Prime MkII rulebook (coming in a week's time). Smile

Well few of the guys here actually visited wolf too yesterday,
I was thinking of dropping by wolf one of this days for window shopping as well, perhaps we can meet up and have a game / drink?
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next