Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players Introduction

+31
evilmerlin
ravenscream
jospoon
funkeemonkee
Dodge
LordToruk
cikiauness
camlok
Zhuala
P666P
Gliblit
mir24
TheLostSheep
almond
adiaze
RAMONE
gizmoduck
Antu
saleem
thevampiredio
davidlian
paintminion
Kaede86
JINTANA
NeonUchuujin
squee
arzmi
Alvin K
Wayfarer
Tekanan
jasechew
35 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Players Introduction - Page 6 Empty Re: Players Introduction

Post by mir24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 am

Sounds good, Jase. Weekends are best for me.

I'm also glad Wolf stocks boardgames as well. Excuse enough to bring the missus so she can have a look. I created a monster when I introduced her to boardgames in Jan 2009. Since then, we've bought about 1 game a month! Madness... Smile

mir24
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 am

mir24 wrote:Sounds good, Jase. Weekends are best for me.

I'm also glad Wolf stocks boardgames as well. Excuse enough to bring the missus so she can have a look. I created a monster when I introduced her to boardgames in Jan 2009. Since then, we've bought about 1 game a month! Madness... Smile

I think its not a mistake instead its a brillant move,
Atleast now u can officially go gaming without any problem unlike most of the guys I know who requires "Gaming Visas" or "Threshold Check" or "Stealth Check" to leave home for gaming.

Well just think of it as upkeeping a spell to prevent stationary or knockdown.

Anyway update me for more details on when u be dropping by
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:31 pm

jasechew wrote:Well just think of it as upkeeping a spell to prevent stationary or knockdown.

Laughing Good one! So, if fail threshold check, wife/gf will frenzy? Woah, boosted attack and damage! But if you survive, afterwards can remove all the fury, so it's not too bad...
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mir24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:18 pm

If overspend on new stuff... then EPIC FAIL!!! Laughing

mir24
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:28 pm

mir24 wrote:If overspend on new stuff... then EPIC FAIL!!! Laughing

Haha u juz need to be more careful with your "focus allocation" part tongue
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

mir24 wrote:Sounds good, Jase. Weekends are best for me.

Ooh count me in!

@jasechew: txt me when you are going ya!
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by camlok Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:55 pm

I suppose I should post here, though I have not started playing yet.

Name's Yii. Some back ground:

I've played some miniature game long long time ago. I think I tried 40k (the boxed set with Orks Vs Ultramarines I think) way back in 1995/6, in Penang. I still recall how impposible it is to bring down the Hero and the terminators with my Orks and Goblins. In the end I decided that it's just too big scale for my liking. It was during that time that I picked up CCG too.

Then I started going to Games Kastle in 96 and at that time they just started a new blood bowl league, so I tried. I think I played only a couple of games with Chaos(bad choice for a noob), then due to time and money constraint, decided to just stick to card games instead (spellfire and magic at that time, and Lo5R later).

Never really got back into miniature, though the card playing is going on and off untill I started working. Have been playing M:TG since (was into LotR until it died)

P666P have been trying to get miniature game going in Melaka, and recently con/bribed/whatever me into starting blood bowl/uncharted seas/war machine, so I'm looking into it. I must say PP does have very nice miniatures. That and P666P's Warmachine and Horde Primal books looks nice (Nice fluff too).

Was thinking of a Skorne army, but still trying to track down the starter set. Seems like cheaper to get that than to get the individual Titan Gladiator + Caster + others, and I liked Morghoul's ability.

camlok
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:02 pm

L5R is still well and alive here Smile *wink wink* Welcome aboard mate!
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:18 pm

camlok wrote:I suppose I should post here, though I have not started playing yet.

Name's Yii. Some back ground:

I've played some miniature game long long time ago. I think I tried 40k (the boxed set with Orks Vs Ultramarines I think) way back in 1995/6, in Penang. I still recall how impposible it is to bring down the Hero and the terminators with my Orks and Goblins. In the end I decided that it's just too big scale for my liking. It was during that time that I picked up CCG too.

Then I started going to Games Kastle in 96 and at that time they just started a new blood bowl league, so I tried. I think I played only a couple of games with Chaos(bad choice for a noob), then due to time and money constraint, decided to just stick to card games instead (spellfire and magic at that time, and Lo5R later).

Never really got back into miniature, though the card playing is going on and off untill I started working. Have been playing M:TG since (was into LotR until it died)

P666P have been trying to get miniature game going in Melaka, and recently con/bribed/whatever me into starting blood bowl/uncharted seas/war machine, so I'm looking into it. I must say PP does have very nice miniatures. That and P666P's Warmachine and Horde Primal books looks nice (Nice fluff too).

Was thinking of a Skorne army, but still trying to track down the starter set. Seems like cheaper to get that than to get the individual Titan Gladiator + Caster + others, and I liked Morghoul's ability.

I'm Jason,
Nice to meet you,
Yup L5R still around and the community is quite big as well.

Skorne Indeed a very interesting faction & Morghoul "rocks". I almost started that too,
Btw I'm a new Hordes player aswell, its a hard choice for me between Circle and Skorne but at the end I decided on Circle over Skorne.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Camlok, Welcome.

L5R is still alive and well. If you're around Game kastle days, i presume you know Syed, Jon Ng and some of them. Anyway, L5R stronghold is at Comics Corner DJ, which i think you know. Smile

Skorne is definitely interesting. Bronzeback titan is a force to be reckoned with. I play both Skorne and Circle, and i find both of them interesting.

Welcome.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 pm

jasechew wrote:... at the end I decided on Circle over Skorne.

Only until he gets the itch. Then it's Skorne, Legion, Trolls, Crocs and Pigs! We know you, jasechew... Laughing
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliblit Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 pm

Camlok?! You from Penang?! GK.... Damn... Can't recall any other names... I'm getting old.

Come la one of these week ends! We play.

Gliblit
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Wayfarer wrote:Only until he gets the itch. Then it's Skorne, Legion, Trolls, Crocs and Pigs! We know you, jasechew... Laughing

Haha I will try stick in the Circle this time
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by camlok Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Yeah, I know L5R still alive. Saw players in CC DJ and also Tavern. Just that I stopped since Emerald and to start means getting a lot more stuff. That and no one in Melaka plays.

And yeah, from Penang GK, when they are still in that shopping complex, before they move to the office building. Started Spellfire and Magic there, then moved on the PJ GK when school restarted. Picked up L5R during the tail end of imperail and when the first expansion was out with shadowlands and scorpion (I still remember Kee Fong's super irritating scropion deck)

As for weekends, sorry to say this whole month I'm not free. Have company event for the next 2 weeks, then it's probably the EM-5k, then is chirstmas holiday.

Anyway, have not gotten any warmachine/horde models, so can't really start playing yet.

camlok
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:59 pm

camlok wrote:Yeah, I know L5R still alive. Saw players in CC DJ and also Tavern. Just that I stopped since Emerald and to start means getting a lot more stuff. That and no one in Melaka plays.

And yeah, from Penang GK, when they are still in that shopping complex, before they move to the office building. Started Spellfire and Magic there, then moved on the PJ GK when school restarted. Picked up L5R during the tail end of imperail and when the first expansion was out with shadowlands and scorpion (I still remember Kee Fong's super irritating scropion deck)

As for weekends, sorry to say this whole month I'm not free. Have company event for the next 2 weeks, then it's probably the EM-5k, then is chirstmas holiday.

Anyway, have not gotten any warmachine/horde models, so can't really start playing yet.

Kee fong that time isn't much player , Well I started around that time as well.
Those are sweet o' days where dragons fly freely in the sky , unicorn can chase ppl around using "watermelon blade AKA BOS".

Well no worries , hope to see u around soon perhaps u can make it to our SUMMER LEAGUE 2011.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekanan Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 pm

@camlok: You use to hang out in Manawerx when you played MTG right? The nick 'camlok' does look familiar... Either I've seen you in Manawerx or know you from the mtg-malaysia website.
Tekanan
Tekanan
Admin

https://wmmalaysia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by camlok Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Dont hang out much in Manawerx other than tourney, but yeah, I hang out in mtg-malaysia. Most of my mtg time is in melaka ever since I started working. Only in KL shop for events.

camlok
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by P666P Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:26 am

Con/bribe???? im offended ... all i did was tempt ... like thats why I'm bringing a Molik Karn back for the shop lolz.

Like I told you really depends on which warlock and warbeast you want to use I guess. If you want to use pMorghul and the cyclops and titan then the boxset is definitely better but if you wanna go for a different warlock then yeah singles might be better. You are really gonna spend more than 500 for 25 points anyway (unless you want to run like 3 bronzebacks or something Razz).

Someone more experienced than me can probably comment on this but from what I know most of Skorne's locks like troopers.

P666P
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 am

3 Bronzebacks are scary! Me run away. Smile
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:50 am

3 Bronzebacks is quite interesting indeed,
As which ever target enemy charge he sure get counter charge by the other 2 titan if u position it nicely...

on a 35points juz add some pain givers and solo can call it a day.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cikiauness Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:59 am

oo im soo new and totaly dunno how to play
haha ooo bronzeback from skorne if not mistaken haha i think use a warcaster that can cast soulslave on him should help a lotttt

cikiauness
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by cikiauness Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:02 am

o ya any nice cryx stuff XD want to start a 15 point army around march or so T_T also is there anyone here that does diorama and stuff or not im the only one who can build obstacles

cikiauness
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mir24 Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:31 am

Lo5R? That's a name I haven't heard in... eons. Hehe. Used to play a lot of that a long time back, up to the point I had a complete collection of all the Unicorn Ancestral What-nots. Still have it somewhere. Probably not worth as much as it was when it was in its 'Golden Age'...

Anyway, Wolf tells me a new batch of the Prime MkII rulebook is now available in the shop. Getting it this weekend. I'm really starting to like the look of a Trencher army. Infantry, Commandos, Chaingun, Cannon, Officer and Sharpshooter. Add Siege Brisbane and a warjack and voila! I'll be home in the trenches of WWI... Er... Riiight. Smile

Anyway, I'm alreayd thinking up a paint scheme for a Cygnar army... Smile

mir24
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:13 am

cikiauness wrote:o ya any nice cryx stuff XD want to start a 15 point army around march or so T_T also is there anyone here that does diorama and stuff or not im the only one who can build obstacles

Haha Finally someone starting Cryx after so long, Diorama stuff well we got few guys which good in stuff like this where u from perhaps we can meet up?

Well have u decided on anything yet on what u wanna get from Cryx? If not our friend Azmi still got one painted Cryx Battlegroup box and maybe few more models going cheap. Its always good to start from a starter as most of the models there are quite useful.

Last edited by jasechew on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:24 am

mir24 wrote:Lo5R? That's a name I haven't heard in... eons. Hehe. Used to play a lot of that a long time back, up to the point I had a complete collection of all the Unicorn Ancestral What-nots. Still have it somewhere. Probably not worth as much as it was when it was in its 'Golden Age'...

Anyway, Wolf tells me a new batch of the Prime MkII rulebook is now available in the shop. Getting it this weekend. I'm really starting to like the look of a Trencher army. Infantry, Commandos, Chaingun, Cannon, Officer and Sharpshooter. Add Siege Brisbane and a warjack and voila! I'll be home in the trenches of WWI... Er... Riiight. Smile

Anyway, I'm alreayd thinking up a paint scheme for a Cygnar army... Smile

Haha Same here kaki Unicorn also ,

Are they "Hard Covers"? Well stuff like that its better to get hard cover they went ware and tear too fast. Trenchers works well with Siege .

Hope to see ur work soon, as now I rarely see any other Cygnar army around.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next