Warmachine Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players Introduction

+31
evilmerlin
ravenscream
jospoon
funkeemonkee
Dodge
LordToruk
cikiauness
camlok
Zhuala
P666P
Gliblit
mir24
TheLostSheep
almond
adiaze
RAMONE
gizmoduck
Antu
saleem
thevampiredio
davidlian
paintminion
Kaede86
JINTANA
NeonUchuujin
squee
arzmi
Alvin K
Wayfarer
Tekanan
jasechew
35 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Players Introduction - Page 2 Empty Re: Players Introduction

Post by jasechew Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:43 am

RAMONE wrote:Hello ppl,
I'm Raymond... Once (and still) 40k player..Now joined into the Warmachine/Hordes world. Got some introduction games here and there Thanks to Jason for selling me his stuff and a few others helping me to start... Playing Legions now=)

Well don't worry bout it,
If u need anything just ask .
Btw I'm Jason glad tat u make it here.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaze Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 am

Hello guys, Adi here. Used to play Hordes with Jason and a few fellas back before this. Played Circle back then, but lost interest due to imbalance between Hordes/Warmachine back then.

But the minis... are lost in a forest beside highway near Melaka.. thanks to a random person i will not name here, (it was an accident, his car was worst, so I'm not blaming him or anything like that).

Just decide to drop by in between games and boredom so hello to you guys. I probably know some of you by face mostly here, but definitely know Jason/Squee/NeonUchuu/Ramone.
adiaze
adiaze
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:46 pm

adiaze wrote:Hello guys, Adi here. Used to play Hordes with Jason and a few fellas back before this.

Hi Adi welcome on board
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:53 am

Forgot to post here. Rahman here. So yeah. Poor car ;_; Making a comeback with Sorscha and Karchev but it might take a while ^.^;;;;
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLostSheep Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 am

Hello there. TheLostSheep here. As the name implies, I'm really a lost sheep as of the moment. Since I heard about Warmachine/Hordes, I'm quite interested in starting it, cos' I'm the type of people that can't stand the temptation of nicely looking, nicely painted models.

Need more incentives for me to start, since as a student, money restrictions is the worst nightmare for me. But anyway, given time that I'll actually start the game, or maybe soon if I can obtain a force for cheap, LOL! Laughing

Back to the topic, Currently tied between Cryx, Legions, Circle, and also Cygnar. Anybody can give me more info about the game as well as building up? Totally have no idea on how to start in the most proper, cost-efficient way.

TheLostSheep
TheLostSheep
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Starting out, I'd advise to buy the starter Battle Box. Then get the Faction deck. The Battle Box is cheaper than buying its contents separately. That's already 11 points right there. Go through the deck and pick something worth 4 points and you're ready for your first real 15pt skirmish.

You might want to pick up a second Warcaster/Warlock based on the deck after looking through it. After that you find stuff and bump your list up to 25 pts, then 35 pts.

OR buy the Faction Deck, pick out your first 15 point army, buy them. Then extend and buy for every +10 points. The downside to this method is that you might spend more money for your first 11 pts. But the upside is that you'll get to pick what you want. The other risk is that what you want doesn't necessarily work for you so it's a progressive thing.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Largely agree with almond. Just checkout the starter boxes 1st. I only advise against buying a starter only if you really, really don't want anything in it. eg. You want to build a Brisbane themed tier.

The reason is, most starters have a good selection of stuff. And most only require an addition of 1 light jack/beast or 1 or 2 solos to make a 15 point force.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLostSheep Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

So it seems like most people advice will be grabbing a starter box and start expanding from there. Method settle, but now I wish to know about the playing styles for each faction. No need to write a long essay, just give me a rough idea of the factions' playstyles and specialities...
TheLostSheep
TheLostSheep
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:10 pm

WARNING: There's at least 1 Warcaster in each faction that typically play the direct opposite of their usual theme, thus throwing a curve ball at your opponent as well as at yourself.

Cygnar: Turtle and range control generally.
Specialty: Defensive abilities. Electricity. Long range guns.

Khador: Slow advance with heavy armour. The slow advance is a lie.
Specialty: Heavy jacks. Axe. More axe.

Cryx: Nasty spells and built in meta gaming.
Specialty: Stealth, incorporeal, the "you can't touch this" type.

Menoth: Infantry spam with awesome bonus synergy between its models. Specialty: Infantry buff. Watch out for those Choir boys.

Retribution: Their play style is really varied, I can't really pin them down on this one, sorry. But they're really good at stripping away upkeep spells.
Specialty: Debuff, spell stripping. They don't have units called "Mage Hunters" for nothing.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLostSheep Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:14 pm

What about the factions from Hordes? Cryx and Cygnar got me there at the moment.
TheLostSheep
TheLostSheep
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Hordes is interesting. They play differently than Warmachine yet the two games can mesh well.

Circle of Orboros: These guys are your magical guerilla warfare type. They have lots of synergy and combo and are great at hit and run. They're the only faction that can teleport around the battlefield.

Legion of Everblight: They kinda play like Cryx but not so sneaky. More direct and upfront with really terrifying warbeast buff. Beware the small ones.

Trollbloods: Big and tough. Yeah. With so many medium and large bases in this army, they hit hard. They like unit buffs too.

Skorne: Kinda like Khador, heavy armour, but with infantry. Think Roman armies and you have an idea what they're about. They have warbeast buff by hurting them. Very S&M.
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:11 pm

I would add to what almond said:

Each faction also has a theme (not talking about tier lists), so here I'll list that:

Cygnar: Lots of fairly accurate ranged attacks, average armour, above average speeds. Magic theme: Lightning. "Don't tase me, bro!"

Khador: Heavy armour. Some cannons and, like almond said, lots of axes. Below average speed (unless you use the tow truck). Magic theme: Ice. "Freeze, mother f***er!"

Menoth: Crusader knights, and zealots. The faction with probably the most weapon masters. Ranged weapons tend to be wild rockets and flame throwers. Above average armour, average to below average speeds and some anti-magic. Magic theme: Fire. "Kill it with fire!"

Cryx: Undead cyborgs. High speed, low armour, strong attacks. Lot's of undead/shadow shenanigans. Magic theme: Acid/Corrosion. "Melts in your mouth, not in your hand!"

Retribution: Angry elves. Relatively high speed, average armour. Lots of ranged attacks and anti-magic. Magic theme: Force/Telekinesis. "Feel the Force flow through you!"

On top of that, the Mercenaries also have 3 sub-factions:

Mercenary: Professional army with interesting and varied jacks. The jacks tend to be general purpose ones with few frills. Fairly reliable mish-mash of troops and solos.

Pirates: Yup, privateers and buccaneers! Troops are few but colourful. Has naval guns. Relatively quick with low armour. Think Jack Sparrow with warjacks. Warjacks that cannot be knocked down.

Rhulics: Dwarven mercs. As you'd expect, sturdy and powerful but generally slow. A few slow-moving troops and solos.

Last edited by Wayfarer on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Carrying on to Hordes factions:

Trollbloods: Tough trollkin. Above average armour and average speeds. Some ranged weapons taken from Cygnar. Scottish highlander look and feel. Magic theme: Life/Courage. "They will never take our Free~do~m!!"

Circle: Secretive druids with forest, animals, wood and rock. Few ranged attacks. Low armour, high to low speeds. The only faction with construct warbeasts (currently). Magic theme: Nature. "Boo likes the forest!"

Skorne: Disciplined githyanki/zerai slave masters. Varied warbeasts. Above average armour, average speeds. The most structured and militarized Hordes faction. Magic theme: Spirit. "I ain't afraid o' no ghost!"

Everblight: Chaos ice elves with shark-dragon hybrids. High speeds, average armour. Also quite varied beasts. Balanced wrt ranged and melee. Magic theme: Chaos (and Ice). "It's ali~ive!!!"

Apart from that, there are 2 sub-factions of minions:

Gatormen: Bloodthirsty swamp-dwellers. They all can swim and have advantages in shallow and deep water. Generally very few ranged attacks. Above average armour and average speeds. Magic theme: Voodoo.

Farrow: Pigs and wild boars and cyborg warboars. The troops are quite powerful when commanded by the Farrow warlock. Quite militarized for a 'lesser' species with rifles and cannon. Magic theme: Bestial.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLostSheep Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Wow... nice explanation there, thanks alot guys, definitely added something to my knowledge.

what i need now is to observe a few games, learn the basics, get used to it and most probably i could start. I'm looking forward to play a hard-hitting fast army. if i can find out other funny funny elements of other factions i might consider it as well... now if someone could just demonstrate in front of me now wahahahaha...

any recommendations for a newbie?
TheLostSheep
TheLostSheep
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:43 pm

See almond's Warning above. It's very true. The above are the general rules or look and feel of the factions. Some warcasters/warlocks and even solos can mitigate some of the shortcomings or even change the way an army plays! eg. Normally slow Khador can zoom across the board with at least 2 of their warcasters. Fast and zippy Everblight also has some slower and heavily armoured beasts and units.

My advice is drop by Hobby Forge or WGS on the gaming nights and see. WM/H at Hobby Forge on Friday nights and Sundays (from lunch onwards). WGS on almost any week night (subject to players - call ahead) and Saturdays and Sundays. It's never been a better time to start WM/H actually - there are many new players and old players coming back to WM/H post-MkII.

Just a small note: I think Cygnar is really under-represented currently.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:01 am

Wayfarer wrote:Just a small note: I think Cygnar is really under-represented currently.

Cygnar Player here somebody looking for me ? pirat
Well there is no new Cygnar player mostly are Khador.
What happen to our friend Brandon is he still playing ?
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLostSheep Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:40 am

After more research on the factions, I think i'll most likely be going to Cygnar (although leaving Cryx and Everblight is a very tough choice for me to make). This is due to the fact that the range control ability of Cygnar units appealed me the most (though I like to bash people's heads with ice axes, I wanted to deal the most without sustaining alot of injury tongue

Most likely will start off with the battlegroup, but I wanna know how does Stryker function as a caster? how do I implement the range control of Cygnar units in the army?

Seriously need to have a look at how the game is played. Since Hobby Forge, Toybox and WGS is quite far from my place, I seldom go there unless I have transport. Only Midvalley is more accessible for me. pale

Attracted to the look of the Cyclone heavy jack. Cool
TheLostSheep
TheLostSheep
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:08 am

TheLostSheep wrote:After more research on the factions, I think i'll most likely be going to Cygnar (although leaving Cryx and Everblight is a very tough choice for me to make). This is due to the fact that the range control ability of Cygnar units appealed me the most (though I like to bash people's heads with ice axes, I wanted to deal the most without sustaining alot of injury tongue

Most likely will start off with the battlegroup, but I wanna know how does Stryker function as a caster? how do I implement the range control of Cygnar units in the army?

Seriously need to have a look at how the game is played. Since Hobby Forge, Toybox and WGS is quite far from my place, I seldom go there unless I have transport. Only Midvalley is more accessible for me. pale

Attracted to the look of the Cyclone heavy jack. Cool

Stryker he is a support caster he makes things hard to kill well quite suit ur theme...In fact he can do range quite well too as he has the spell snipe .

Cyclone is a more to crowd control but when face against heavy Jacks its quite useless. If shooting I would say its always Defender as jack and Long gunners as troops.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLostSheep Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:18 am

Another question, since I'm those types that go for one extreme... Since shooting is covered, what if I wanna try out melee with Cygnar? How will it work?
TheLostSheep
TheLostSheep
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:35 am

TheLostSheep wrote:Another question, since I'm those types that go for one extreme... Since shooting is covered, what if I wanna try out melee with Cygnar? How will it work?

Well Melee not a problem at all ,
I can tell you this Cygnar is the 1 of most flexible and over powered faction.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by almond Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:38 am

Stryker can do melee. Darius would be better. A Darius jack list has been known to cause many woes back in the day. In fact, there used to be an overrepresentation of Cygnar at the time.

But in Cygnar, there are staples that are really good to have. Journeyman Warcaster, Centurion, Long Gunners and/or Trenchers, Black 13. These form the backbone of almost any Cygnar unit. Their Warcaster attachment, the Squire, is also good. Notice only 1 warjack is listed in the Cygnar staples :p

Edit: Not sure if it'll help, but I wrote a blog article on army building. Well, at least how I do it.

http://doomedintentions.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/warmachine-my-girl-with-her-big-toys/

There's no one sure way to build up an army, but it should give you an idea or 2. Pay attention to the bolded phrases :3
almond
almond
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayfarer Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:05 pm

What jasechew said is right. Cygnar is very flexible when it comes to playstyle. There are tons of melee options. Ironclad, Hammersmith, Centurion, Stormclad. In fact, almost all Cygnar jacks have melee weapons.

For troops, you have the sword knights and storm knights (and variants) - and don't forget the precursor knights. Precursor knights, being Cygnar allies, are Cygnar models when taken in a Cygnar army.

If you've more or less settled on Cygnar, get the book. You'll get plenty of ideas there.
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Junior Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:40 pm

almond wrote:Stryker can do melee. Darius would be better. A Darius jack list has been known to cause many woes back in the day. In fact, there used to be an overrepresentation of Cygnar at the time.

But in Cygnar, there are staples that are really good to have. Journeyman Warcaster, Centurion, Long Gunners and/or Trenchers, Black 13. These form the backbone of almost any Cygnar unit. Their Warcaster attachment, the Squire, is also good. Notice only 1 warjack is listed in the Cygnar staples :p

Well Almond your are damm right,
Even now Darius still the MAN, As for Centurion even Khadorian oso jealous of us having this Jack.
If u would go Melee Darius Jack build its easy 2play and Stable but cost a bomb to build it....
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mir24 Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:25 am

Hi everyone, I'm Mir and I'm a total noob at WM/H. I've had experience with W40K, Necromunda and some Mordheim as well but am mostly a boardgame/eurogame player. I've seen WM/H miniatures at Wolf's but never had the chance to try it out.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new skirmish / wargame to start and came across Privateer Press. I spent some time browsing PP and this forum and seems like WM/H might be a good choice to start.

My noob questions are:

1) Is it less pricey than W40K (and where can I buy the stuff)?
2) Is there a campaign/story mode where the armies grow in experience?
3) I'm a fan of massed infantry (no points for guessing which army I play in W40K! ;p ) and considering the huge numbers of troops in WM/H, would it be possible to rely on troops instead of Warjacks in an army?
4) Is the Mercenary faction any good? I love the look of some of the units but the Warjack designs aren't as impressive as the other armies...

Thanks in advance for the advice.

mir24
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by jasechew Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:47 am

Well I can tell you that u definitely make a right choice in choosing Warmachine/Hordes

1. Its definitely cheaper and more fun then 40K .
(well most of the guys here played 40K before I will leave this to them to tell you in details)

2.YES we used to have those between the community but no longer at the moment id there is enough players we can start that again.

3. If u picks the right troops and faction they can be more dependable then jacks most of the time.

4.Personal opinion : Mercs is a good but only Character models is dependable.
jasechew
jasechew
Prime Warcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next